Thread: Welcome to New Members

Forum Newbie
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    All-About bettybug01
    View bettybug01's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Welcome to New Members

Hi to all.
    I signed up yesterday, in the hope that you can save me from flea bay and its customer service initially, never mind the fees.
    Background. Sold on E-fleabay since 2003, at first it was pleasurable, a good site, didn't charge too much and not a lot of "politics" going on. In those early days I was only selling the odd item, i.e things I no longer used. Things ramped up a little when I realised I could make a little pocket money, for a year or 2. Then I was either laid off from work, or the wife was on maternity leave, therefore went for the E-fleabay weekly, listing, selling etc. All was good, then the changes and the politics kick in, which ruined a very good site to sell on. The fees went through the roof (I make a living but ebay take close on £300 a month from this, which is near on 21% of the final sale fees) then the feedback changed, now I cannot comment on the complete A**hole that robbed me etc, other than leave "positive" for their experience, the DSR star rating, a joke, only there to allow Ebay to NOT give you a discount. I was a power seller, top rated and stuff, 2 months after DSR I wasn't, discounts, being featured higher up the listings, gone. A complete joke, I didn't change in anway I had operated, boggling!
    The final straw and believe me the camels back has been breaking for a while now. I was served a "schilling" bid warning, on Tuesday of this week. I was gobsmacked, all of my listings with bids, I assure none had any of their schill bid, well bids. At this time I actually had 2 buyers standing in my showroom, who had come to look at furniture and they wanted to bid on these. I have a laptop available for interested buyers, within the showroom, so that if they want to buy and is on auction, they can log on, bid etc. Both of my customers, well they were not very impressed, although I managed to sell 1 item privately. On trying to speak to E-fleabay "you are not a customer" service, they just spout their policies and rules, none of which applied.
    In short they ruined 8 auctions, made me look an idiot, or some sort of scam merchant in front of customers and they couldn't give a toss.
    So here I am, I have listed 1 item on Ebid to see if it works, I have 2 watchers, so maybe it will, I do hope so.
    As a user, it is a little "clunky" in places, but Rome wasn't built in a day, I wasn't expecting it to be Ebay, but I would like it to be! As a basic shouldn't the "thread" messages go from most recent, not from years ago to recent, as a default?
    I will give you my support, as I need a marketplace that is not robbing me blind, not listening and is out of control.
    Can you do it? A pull together attitude can, personally I am still holding out on Tesco going into the online auction market and giving Ebay a real run for its money. Ebay can be unravelled, you just need a ton of money to start it. The Ebid ethos seems good, you just need a ton of marketing, so do it!
    Whoever founded Ebid could get very rich and keep an ehtos, so get to it, before someone else does, you have a foundation, build it, but remember why you did it, to make yourself a very good living without stamping down everyone else.
    All the best with Ebid. and if you need some help, I am here.
    Mark (aka Bettybug01)

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by artistadeisogni View Post
    Ciao a tutti,
    sono veramente contento di essere entrato a far parte di questa famiglia.
    Mi chiamo Alessandro e sono di Venezia.
    Ciaoooooo
    Welcome to ebid. I always wanted to visit Vnice

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

@Bettybug

Welcome to ebid
    To get things going you need to list far more than 1 item on ebid "to see how it goes"
    As you know, ebid does not have no where near as many members as ebay, so sales are bound to be not so fast. So the more items you list, the more you will sell.
    Ebid is growing slowly.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

@ Mark aka bettybug01

Wow! that is a fine piece of furniture! Absolutely gorgeous. If it weren't for the exorbitant shipping fees I would bid on it.

WARNING: Bidding wars are very rare to none existent so start your bid price at a level you would be comfortable accepting or you will lose money big time here.

Forum Newbie
    View whogives's Feedback (+69)
    All-About whogives
    View whogives's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: I used to live in Renton Wa. Stuck in Tempe AZ now. I sure do miss WA state .

Stuck in Tempe AZ now. I sure do miss WA state .

Quote Originally Posted by outrageousg View Post
    Hello everyone on ebid, I am new as of a couple days ago. From the city of Renton in the Usa Washington state. Very nice sight.
    Thank you for the invite. Look forward to a great adventure of selling on the site and meeting all of you.

Forum Newbie
    High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
    All-About yoyo2011
    View yoyo2011's Listings
    Forum Posts

Wink Re: Welcome to New Members

hey guys,
    umm, well i travel allot, my main profession is being a teacher,,, i am married with a daughter (9 months old)
    so,,,,, HI :-D

Forum Saint
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    @ Mark aka bettybug01

Wow! that is a fine piece of furniture! Absolutely gorgeous. If it weren't for the exorbitant shipping fees I would bid on it.

WARNING: Bidding wars are very rare to none existent so start your bid price at a level you would be comfortable accepting or you will lose money big time here.
    Yes, I agree. Please change the starting bid. If I had the space I might snap it up at 99p and you may not be happy

Forum Newbie
    All-About bettybug01
    Forum Posts

Thanks, I have listed 3 items so far, we will see how it goes, but the good news is I have had quite a few views on the 1st item, the amount of views are comparable with fleece bay, so this could work, no harm in trying.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    @Bettybug

Welcome to ebid
    To get things going you need to list far more than 1 item on ebid "to see how it goes"
    As you know, ebid does not have no where near as many members as ebay, so sales are bound to be not so fast. So the more items you list, the more you will sell.
    Ebid is growing slowly.

Forum Newbie
    All-About bettybug01
    Forum Posts

Thanks for the very honest info.
    I have edited it, it is still cheap as chips.
    as for shipping around the UK, a courier would do this for around £40.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    Yes, I agree. Please change the starting bid. If I had the space I might snap it up at 99p and you may not be happy

Forum Saint
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Much more realistic and still a good price. Just wish I had the space..

Thread Information