Thread: Preffered Payment Methods

Default Preffered Payment Methods

Wha would everyone like to have for there preffered payment method

Exclamation My Reply....

Quote Originally Posted by tekpc
    Wha would everyone like to have for there preffered payment method

Nochex and Fastpay are payment venues that I can not use because I do
    not have a European Bank Account.......they both had advised that I
    could not become a member with them because on no UK bank account.

PPPay. I had no problem with them; however, When I withdrawl my
    FUNDS to transfer to my US Bank, The US Bank charges a $10.00 per
    transfer fee for each WIRE TRANSFER.............go fiqure that out.

I've had Paypal for awhile now and this Venue suits ALL my Payments
    and Reciepts transactions.........and very easy to fiqure the costs, and
    get a printout of ALL my transactions.

I think that eBid should allow the Auction/ Store seller the option to
    Choose the Payment Option when placeing the Listing....either by
    Manual method or the Bulk-spreadsheet.....

Sincerely

I like PPPay or Money bookers as the payer pays the fees for them (Like a postal order), rather than the fees being taken out of the money you recieve!

I simply tick all relevant payment options (or fill out the cell in the spreadsheet), and additionall I put in my description any other payments I take, ie bank transfer, cheque, paypal...

Until recently I would have put Pppay as my favourite payment method but due to recent problems I would now say Nochex as my favourite method. Cheaper than Paypal with no chargebacks. Paypal is where most of the money comes in though, both from the USA and UK

Personally I prefer Fastpay as I bank with NatWest and it doesnt take 7 days to clear into my bank account, unlike PayPal etc. Telling the buyer that his goods wont be posted for 7 days doesnt go over well, and paypal themselves told me they cant guarantee a payment as they are not a bank and have to send it to a clearing house (that includes payments into PayPal).

But the majority of buyers prefer PayPal so thats kind of pushed on us.

I've come over from ebay so I'm used to paypal. The 7-day funds transfer is unnecessary and there's no excuse for it in this day and age, but the interface is familiar and easy to follow I suppose. Fees are a bit much though.

I just regisred with PPPay but for some reason it won't accept my credit card, that's given me a problem because i don't have a debit card. Would prefer it if PPP used the bank transfer method that paypal uses.

Quote Originally Posted by paladinz2k

But the majority of buyers prefer PayPal so thats kind of pushed on us.
    Be very careful with Paypal if you are selling Adult Items. It is against their terms and conditions and they can and will freeze your account with no warning.

regards

Jean

Quote Originally Posted by mypleasureisland
    Be very careful with Paypal if you are selling Adult Items. It is against their terms and conditions and they can and will freeze your account with no warning.

regards

Jean
    Thanks for the info Jean, I didnt even consider that they could discriminate in such a way to refuse any legal purchase.

To me thats a crazy attitude, but I'll change all my adverts (again) lol

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Wink

I'm using Nochex and Fastpay succesfully (I bank with Natwest anyway). I've also validated my pppay account. I will only pay with it if i have funds in the account though- as I object to paying charges as a payer when there is no need to.

Paypal are a corrupt organisation with terrible customer service and a practical monopoly- which is why they get away with stealing other peoples money. . I do have a paypal account and do use it if i have to. But as a seller here I ask for a 40P surcharge for paypal payments. This is not hurting my sales at all. In fact at the moment I'm selling better on EBId than I did on EBay. That's because I can list considerably more- and leave it listed until it sells.

It's a 5p listing day on EBay today- so i've listed 3 expensive items over there- and put in big links back to EBId

Yes, Paypal is a rip off. Val4xx, did you know you are breaking Paypals terms by charging a fee for using PP?!!? Isn't that just stupid!

Thread Information