Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: High Score Table Of Feedback

Default High Score Table Of Feedback

* Here is the High Score Table Of eBid Feedback.

* The rating divided by the number of positive comments gives the positive % (to the nearest tenth of a percent).

* If I've missed you out, let me know.
    If for some reason you'd like your name removed, let me know and I'll remove it.
    And do tell me if you find any other users' names to add.

* Any suggestions? Let's hear them.

The table is for feedback gained on ebid only.
    (Some of these users have feedback from other sites as well.)

5687 (100%) - cmjewels925

4733 (99.8%) - herbalbrew

4045 (100%) - a2bcrafts

3929 (100%) - huddylion

3402 (99.8%) - lstefanick

3200 (99.8%) - sexywolfy

3195 (99.9%) - kubel

3097 (99.9%) - hannaholly

2938 (100%) - kb4gid

2931 (100%) - slinkyri

Something else:
    I have noticed some people in this country are using US words. Come on - make an effort!

I should tell you that I have nothing against US English - it's fine when used in the US; I just don't want to see it in this country.

So for the benefit of those who are not clear, below is a list of just some of the words whose British and US spellings are different. Be sure to use the correct ones for your country!
    See how many more you can find. Hey, it's fun!

So, if you live in Blighty, please use:

armour, not armor

blond (of a man), not blonde

calibre, not caliber

centre/centred/centring, not center/centered/centering

cheque (money), not check

chequered, not checkered

colour, not color

defence, not defense

dialling/dialled, not dailing/dialed

endeavour, not endeavor

enrol, not enroll

favour, not favor

favourite, not favorite

fibre, not fiber

fulfil/fulfilment, not fulfill/fulfillment

harbour, not harbor

honour, not honor

humour, not humor

instalment, not installment

jewellery, not jewelry

kerb (edge of the path or road), not curb

labelling/labelled, not labeling/labeled

labour, not labor

lacklustre, not lackluster

manoeuvre, not maneuver

marvellous, not marvelous

medallist, not medalist

metre (of music or poetry), not meter

modelling/modelled, not modeling/modeled

mould, not mold

neighbour, not neighbor

odour, not odor

offence, not offense

programme (TV or scheme), not program

pyjamas, not pajamas

rumour, not rumor

sabre, not saber

saviour, not savior

sceptical, not skeptical

skilful, not skillful

splendour, not splendor

tyre (on a wheel), not tire

valour, not valor

vapour, not vapor

Of course, there is still the matter of proper nouns, such as Congressional Medal of Honor, but that's for some other time.

Yes, I know you have seen some or all of the US versions of those words in British magazines and even occasionally in official government or school documents. But the fact that a lot of people get something wrong doesn't make it right. :-)

Kind regards.

StartTheBiddingLow
    Last edited by startthebiddinglow; 9th July 2011 at 08:43 AM. Reason: to update f/b numbers

Some of them had a LOAD of feedback imported from elsewhere in the days when that could be done.
    By the time i got here that had stopped.

What annoys me most of all is how so many people dont even bother their arse to leave you feedback. PURE IGNORANCE.

Especialy the TIFFANY sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by blufairy
    Some of them had a LOAD of feedback imported from elsewhere in the days when that could be done.
    I thought of doing a separate table for those users but it looked like too much hassle.

Of course, I don't knock them - I came to eBid after bid4games closed down and I brought a few comments with me. :-)
    (I was only 14-rated on that other site but it was a start.)

It takes some work to get feedback.
    I buy somethings.....just wish I could sell somethings LMAO!

View slinkyri's Feedback (+2931)
    All-About slinkyri
    View slinkyri's Listings
    Forum Posts

ooo yeah Elaine I would like to see another table for feedback achieved here on Ebid only......

Quote Originally Posted by slinkyri
    ooo yeah Elaine I would like to see another table for feedback achieved here on Ebid only......
    This morning I was a ''Platinum'', on both my usernames ; "Oxana" and "Oxana Value".
    All genuine ebid, no imported feedback, all positive except one neutral, totally 2,944 between them.
    Although I am back to Gold, can I be on your list please, nothing else much is fun, 'selling' here anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxana
    ... can I be on your list please, nothing else much is fun, 'selling' here anymore.
    Hi.
    I notice all your items are adult-oriented.

I would like other users' opinions regarding this.
    It's not offensive to include sellers who have only adult items, right?
    Please post your support or objections here.

On another note, Oxana, I'm not sure that I could count your sets of f/b as one number.
    Last edited by startthebiddinglow; 16th June 2005 at 09:59 PM.

Many thanks for the thought, but it would not be right to combine the 2 numbers - it's a sales variant, but I won't discuss for fear of offending !!

Don't bother if it's going to upset anyone, even adult sales have gone down the pan on this site, at least compared to sales before the site became too complex and ''international'' for most peoples interest.

BUT DO NOTE : Wall Street analysts have estimated (and eBay will not deny) that close to 15% of eBay domestic (USA) revenue now comes from adult sales, plus all the spin off site traffic/interest that generates, (they are now the biggest online Adult retailer in USA). No other single category they have ; sells more, earns them more, or brings in more site traffic.

Luckily eBid has had the foresight, and are smart enough, to hide adult sales from search engines etc ; to get ahead of other auction sites....................
    (although the internal on/off adult search facility is welcome, thank you Gary)

Another UK site, continues to stave off closure by the Continental parent Company, solely from it's adult revenue and the extra volume of site traffic (advertising revenue) those auctions generate.

Does the eBid alternative of filling the front page with fake Rolexes, handbags and other illegal rippoff designer items, and now trying to explain to would be buyers a "buddy" system, really draw in potential members and increase site traffic more effectively............

I sell what I sell simply because I know the high level of interest, the available sales volume, and the margin level (££££) of such sales if you source well, not because I want to watch them all day - in fact they are all factory sealed.

Nor is it necessary to promote adult items to those offended or not interested ; believe me there are already enough willing paying buyers, over 40% of which are female, in my total customer base at least !
    Sex sells well, it always has and always will, unfortunately "new" eBid currently no longer does so effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by startthebiddinglow
    It's not offensive to include sellers who have only adult items, right?
    Please post your support or objections here.
    I'm at a loss on this one

Why would it be offensive to state that a person sells adult goods? Any more than stating that a person sells boots or watches? It doesnt forcce you to go and look at items that offend you unless you wish to.

The adult market is the biggest seller on the net (and probably off it) so the number of people you are liable to offend is the minority, check who actually sells the most on eBid and draw your own conclusions

I agree totaly that adult goods need a buffer to protect the few people who would be offended, and eBid seems to have done this nicely now with the new option on the search engine, but lets not pretend that its a dirty word that only a few people are interested in.

In fact, most of us are interested in sex, or the human race would expire lol.

I came here specifically to sell adult items, as I got a warning from ebay for doing so, even though hundreds of people are doing so every day.
    If they can stop people selling Live Aid tickets instantly, surely they can stop people selling pirate dvds and software.
    Pirate dvds are easy to stop, just do a search on films which haven't been released yet and then delete them, simple. But they make loads of money from it, so don't actively remove them.

Thread Information