Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: How do I list using my HTML on my webspace?

Question How do I list using my HTML on my webspace?

Hi all,
    Can anyone tell me how to list using my own HTMl and pics, just like you can on EBAY ?

This is probably really simple but I cant work it out.

many thanks
    Andy

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Click the <> button on the description editor and add your html there.

G
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Works like a charm - but you do have to do the click first. If ya click it when you're done, you get a preview of what it's gonna look like!!

Let me know if I've confused you more!

I dont get it, i dont even see the<> button, i see a text mentioning about using the <> to switch from WSIG to HTML but cant seem to find that button, where is it located please?

Geez its so easy to make html on ebay, keep getting damn errors here been like 1 hour im on this

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalEllusions
    I dont get it, i dont even see the<> button, i see a text mentioning about using the <> to switch from WSIG to HTML but cant seem to find that button, where is it located please?

Geez its so easy to make html on ebay, keep getting damn errors here been like 1 hour im on this
    When you have the dialog box in front of you the <> button is on the second line, 4th one in from the right.

It is very easy to list here really.

hth
    Sophia

Quote Originally Posted by dulwich-herbs
    When you have the dialog box in front of you the <> button is on the second line, 4th one in from the right.

It is very easy to list here really.

hth
    Sophia
    Heya Sophia, what do you mean by the dialog box? i mean beneath auction description is Quantity, i cant seem to find it , must be tired :/

Heya Sophia, what do you mean by the dialog box? i mean beneath auction description is Quantity, i cant seem to find it , must be tired :/
    When you click on sell and choose your category you want to sell in you get a page for all your details.
    Auction title
    Sub category
    store category
    picture image

and then a big box underneath that for the auction description.
    There are two lines of boxes and then a big box where you can either type into... or click the <> button to paste in your own HTML.

Simple.

My apolagies if I am talking about the wrong thing or anything like that... I'm only on my first cup of coffee of the day... my phone keeps ringing so I can't get to the kettle to get more coffee! LOL

Sophia i dont beleive we see the same thing here, give a look at this link:

http://www.gwuberloot.com/pics/temp.jpg

DigitalEllusions

I am new here, but will offer my thoughts on the code you presented.

It appears to be a full web page code, i.e <html><body>All the goodies in between</html></body> I don't know that this site will accept full code. Just as a matter of habit after creating a listing in an html editor, after I copy & paste, I delete the beginning and end html for a web page.

The other item I saw, and again I don't have an answer, that there is java script code. I don't knopw if this site will accept it.

Just my thoughts. I'm watching for further answers.

Cheers

Sophia i dont beleive we see the same thing here, give a look at this link:

http://www.gwuberloot.com/pics/temp.jpg
    hmmmmmm..... so you have found the <> button... is that your own code? Because I really cannot help you there.
    I use HTML in my auctions with background colours, tables etc.. but that is about as far as my knowledge of HTML goes.

Hopefully someone else knows more about HTML and can tell you.

I think that eBid does allow java.. pretty sure I have seen some stuff on here with that on it... and I use the <html> <body> tags with no trouble either.

I'm a bit out of my depth now though so I may have to run away and hide!

Thread Information