Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spreadsheet Woe's - !#$!@#$

Angry Spreadsheet Woe's - !#$!@#$

I've been trying for 3 weeks to get 6 auction items listed. I've emailed support. I've sent the spreadsheet as an attachment and as an viewable email when you open it. No response it was ever received. No response there were errors.

When I finally did get a response from support and re-sent it I replied to their email that I had re-sent it. They did not respond back. Instead I have to open a new ticket. Very time consuming and frustrating.

The last spreadsheet I sent I took the description out and saved it to word to edit into the auction later. Thats the only thing I can see that is too big to transfer. Everything else is 1 word or a few letters in the cells of the spreadsheet.

It's only 6 items but I'd hate to do the work all over again. But thats just the point if I can't get it to work with 6 items imagine the time I'd waste with 50.

Does anybody have any suggestions or idea's? Thanks to any who read and answer!

Personally, I don't use the spreadsheet for listing. Yes, it's time consuming doing the auctions one by one and for loads and loads of listings, yes using the spreadsheet would be a good idea. But for six? Bite the bullet and enter them manually.....

I know its only 6 things. I was testing to see if the spreadsheet works. I rather test on 6 things then on 50 things. Do you have any suggestions to make the spreadsheet work?

I'm going to bite the bullet shortly.

No suggestions - it's been somewhat of a bugbear for a while I believe. I've always steered clear of it.....

Question

I have no experience of using spreadsheets, but something springs to mind.

With most other filetypes that are saved from M$oft products, the version of the software used makes a big difference as to what can open that file afterwards.

Do spreadsheet files also save similar data?

If so, could this problem be that people are using different versions of the software to whatever is used at eBid?

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Your spreadsheet has been processed on numerous occasions. Each time it has had errors and an email has been sent to you explaining these errors.

Here are the errors for you info

Auction 1 Error : Ensure your have included International Postage values for countries that you are showing your auction to.
    Auction 1 Error : Descriptions must be at least 5 characters long and not more than 30000 characters long.
    Auction 2 Error : Ensure your have included International Postage values for countries that you are showing your auction to.
    Auction 2 Error : Descriptions must be at least 5 characters long and not more than 30000 characters long.
    Auction 3 Error : Ensure your have included International Postage values for countries that you are showing your auction to.
    Auction 3 Error : Descriptions must be at least 5 characters long and not more than 30000 characters long.
    Auction 4 Error : Ensure your have included International Postage values for countries that you are showing your auction to.
    Auction 4 Error : Descriptions must be at least 5 characters long and not more than 30000 characters long.
    Auction 5 Error : Ensure your have included International Postage values for countries that you are showing your auction to.
    Auction 5 Error : Descriptions must be at least 5 characters long and not more than 30000 characters long.
    Auction 6 Error : Ensure your have included International Postage values for countries that you are showing your auction to.
    Auction 6 Error : Descriptions must be at least 5 characters long and not more than 30000 characters long.

Please give us the ID of the ticket that you say we have not replied to.

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Thank you for answering me here.

I just want to get this to work. I think there has been some miscommunication and its causing frustration on both sides.
    I'm willing to work through it to not only get my items listed but to make sure your international clients can use the spreadsheet.

I have never received an email telling me there were errors. Not once.

Upon opening a ticket I receive your standard "received" ticket notice. 24 hours later I've had various 1 line answer. Either: All spreadsheets are up todate. Please re-send. Or Please sent spreadsheet as an attachment not Html inside the email. Which I have done.

This thread is the 1st time I have seen the list of errors.
    This tells me the email eBid sent regarding the errors has never arrived and you think I'm an idiot.

"Your spreadsheet has been processed on numerous occasions. Each time it has had errors and an email has been sent to you explaining these errors."

That fundamental email has never come through. Hence the miscommunication. If I had to guess I would think you have the spreadsheets on auto reply. Some computer program looks over the spreadsheet and finds errors or automatically uploads if everything is correct. When there are errors the computer lists them and sends an email back to the client.

A review of that auto reply might be needed.

Now onto the error list.

"Ensure your have included International Postage values for countries that you are showing your auction to."

I do not want to list the International Postage for any of my items. Therefore I placed, as requested, a 02 in those spaces. 02 is the code for not known.

"Descriptions must be at least 5 characters long and not more than 30000 characters long."

Here is one of my descriptions:

<P><STRONG><FONT size=4>Gorgeous Porcelain Doll dressed in a blue velvet dress with matching hat. A peek under her dress reveals lace underwear and painted on boots. She is approximately 5 1/2 inches tall. Arms and Legs are moveable. Stand included (as shown in picture). She is made of sturdy porcelain. Ages 5+. </FONT></STRONG></P>

<P><STRONG><FONT size=4>UK Postage Airmail 6 GBP. Cheaper if Surface. She will be packed with care and bubble wrap or styrofoam peanuts, then boxed. </FONT></STRONG></P> U.S. and Canada - the cost for shipping depends on where the buyer is located. Upon completion of the sale please email me with your full postal address so I can determine the EXACT cost of shipping and handling.
    <P>I have a contract with Canada Post so my shipping costs are as low as I can get them. I do ship internationally as well by appointment arrange pickups in the Scarborough area.

<P>I'm also a seller on eBay with the same i.d. wendi789 if you would like to check out my feedback rating of over 550 positives. No negatives. 2 Neutrals.

I don't know if its over 30 000 characters. I don't think it is.

Ironically, the last time I sent my spreadsheet I had begun to suspect that my descriptions were too long. So the last time I sent my spreadsheet I took them out. I numbered them 1-6 and saved them to Word for later editing of my auctions. I put in the descriptions cell 1 - 6. I now realise I need atleast 5 characters in that space.

If you could please:

1. Review the International Postage Code for the spreadsheet. And tell me if there are any other numbers that indicate I don't want postage, I'll fix it. Otherwise the 02 code is a code the computer is not recognising.

2. Tell me if my description is over 30 000 characters. Again I will amend it but I don't think it is. Perhaps a counter could be put into the spreadsheet just for descriptions.

I await your reply.

Stil Waiting....

Exclamation My REPLY

Quote Originally Posted by wendi789
    Stil Waiting....
    Hey Mate,

Send me your excel file by email attachment ...........I use the excel upload all the time ........let me review it for errors. Just go to my ebid ALL about me page
    http://us.four.ebid.tv/perl/normal.c...ndycosignments
    and click on my email icon....and make sure you attach the file
    before you send it......

Sincerely,

Michael Laisure

Hi. That's very kind of you.

I did go to your About me Page but the email icon doesn't pull in your email address. It just pulls up a new email with a blank "recipient's address."

I appreciate any help you can give.

Thread Information