eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: News Flash George Best in Intensive Care !

Market Drayton, Shropshire, United Kingdom
    View Paulwillhappy's Feedback (+28)
    All-About Paulwillhappy
    View Paulwillhappy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Angry News Flash George Best in Intensive Care !

Fleet Street Editors are in Shock at the thought of Losing one of their favourite's.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4304964.stm

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...197652,00.html

Remember as i have said in past Forums lets not let George fade just away he needs another Liver transplant ?

Its not like he wasted the last one ? Or the one before that !

Cheer up Chaps remember he's got a Son Callum ! He Drinks, Sh*gs Birds & is Famous ?????

More to Follow.................

Newslinks will appear below;

Also if you know of any industry severely affected by the potential ****ing, I mean Passing of this Great British Drinking legend please list below;
    Last edited by Paulwillhappy; 3rd October 2005 at 02:16 PM.
    Never take your loo for granted Camping sucks.......

Market Drayton, Shropshire, United Kingdom
    View Paulwillhappy's Feedback (+28)
    All-About Paulwillhappy
    View Paulwillhappy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Angry

No more News Then ?
    Never take your loo for granted Camping sucks.......

Quite honestly I hope he dies this time.

There are desperate patients out there who don't get the chance to have half the number of treatments he's been given and then wasted.

I say give the medical attention to someone who really does want to live and will do what the doctors tell them, instead of wasting time and money on a pathetic old alcoholic who continues to make his own condition worse by doing the exact opposite of what the doctors say.

I reckon it's time to send him to the crematorium and watch his alcohol fuelled inferno burn for three days.

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele

FFS MATE, HOW YOU COULD HOPE A MAN OR WOMAN DIES,IS TOTALLY OUT OF ORDER, WHAT ABOUT HIS FAMMILY, WHAT GIVES YOU THE RIGHT TO JUDGE WHETHER HE LIVES OR DIES,SO HE IS A CELEB,SO HE HAS ABUSED HIS BODY,TIME AND TIME AGAIN,HE HAS PAID HIS TAXES JUST LIKE YOU AND I,AND IS ENTITILED TO THE SAME CARE,SOMETIMES YOU SPEAK WITH YOUR BOOT STUCK RIGHT IN YOUR MOUTH,

View minkyrra's Feedback (+1752)
    All-About minkyrra
    View minkyrra's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele

There are desperate patients out there who don't get the chance to have half the number of treatments he's been given and then wasted.

I say give the medical attention to someone who really does want to live and will do what the doctors tell them, instead of wasting time and money on a pathetic old alcoholic who continues to make his own condition worse by doing the exact opposite of what the doctors say.

I reckon it's time to send him to the crematorium and watch his alcohol fuelled inferno burn for three days.
    i do understand where you are coming from damian, though i imagine he pays for private health care doesnt he?

the piece i have put in bold has overstepped the mark

it really isnt called for.

the man has an addiction, think about how many other people out there who have addictions and go back to their 'drug' time and time again

should none of them receive treatment?

do they all deserve to die?

if he was treated in the way you seem to think he deserves.... then it would set a precedence how all should be treated.

a woman goes to the doc, is advised not to get pregnant again because of the risks to herself...... she falls pregnant... do they refuse to give her treatment as she didnt do as she was advised?

someone has a weight problem, they are told that they need to lose weight or their health will start to suffer, they dont lose weight, do they then deserve not to receive treatment?

someone suffers from anorexia, they refuse to eat..... let them die because they arent doing what is best for themselves?

someone smokes....... should we refuse treatment?

someone gets skin cancer, is treatment refused as they have sunbathed every year for the last thirty?

im curious where you stand on these issues

Quote Originally Posted by silkcityuk2
    FFS MATE, HOW YOU COULD HOPE A MAN OR WOMAN DIES,IS TOTALLY OUT OF ORDER, WHAT ABOUT HIS FAMMILY, WHAT GIVES YOU THE RIGHT TO JUDGE WHETHER HE LIVES OR DIES,SO HE IS A CELEB,SO HE HAS ABUSED HIS BODY,TIME AND TIME AGAIN,HE HAS PAID HIS TAXES JUST LIKE YOU AND I,AND IS ENTITILED TO THE SAME CARE,SOMETIMES YOU SPEAK WITH YOUR BOOT STUCK RIGHT IN YOUR MOUTH,
    Don't shout at me you insufferable little man.

I am as entitled to my opinion as you are to yours.

I am not judging whether he lives or dies either.

It is my opinion that he is a waste of space who is taking up valuable resources. Whilst he gets expensive treatments and long term stays in hospital for recovery there are far more people who are in desperate need of medical care which they are told is unavailable because they can't afford it. If people like Best who are determined to kill themselves were allowed to do so, then other people who really do want to live could be given the chance.

If that is too difficult for you to understand, then tough.

View shelleywelley's Feedback (+391)
    All-About shelleywelley
    View shelleywelley's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by silkcityuk2
    Lol so tact is not Mr Steele's strong point but actually I agree with what he is saying.

He needed a transplant, he was given a transplant. Too many people are not given that chance. It was his DECISION to abuse his new liver, nobody forced him to drink. He is an adult and knew the consequences of what he was doing. Why should he be given yet another chance to screw up when there is somebody equally as ill, somebody who would appreciate their new lease of life?

WHATEVER MATE
    Last edited by silkcityuk2; 3rd October 2005 at 05:39 PM.

View minkyrra's Feedback (+1752)
    All-About minkyrra
    View minkyrra's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shelleywelley
    Lol so tact is not Mr Steele's strong point but actually I agree with what he is saying.

He needed a transplant, he was given a transplant. Too many people are not given that chance. It was his DECISION to abuse his new liver, nobody forced him to drink. He is an adult and knew the consequences of what he was doing. Why should he be given yet another chance to screw up when there is somebody equally as ill, somebody who would appreciate their new lease of life?
    i agree in part

that if he receives another new liver (can they do it again?) it could be an organ that would save another life.

the life of someone who hasnt yet been given a second chance.

it isnt like there is an abundance of organs available

but besides that aspect, i feel that everyone deserves to be treated with compassion and given whatever treatment they need

it is a really complex matter

i would hate to be the person who has to make such decisions on treatment

Quote Originally Posted by minkyrra
    the man has an addiction, think about how many other people out there who have addictions and go back to their 'drug' time and time again

should none of them receive treatment?

do they all deserve to die?
    There are millions of people who have had addictions to all sorts of things and have made a huge effort to get themselves sorted out. Those who choose to stay clean deserve all the support and help they can get. Those who choose to return to their addictions will be well aware of the consequences for their health, wealth or happiness and should be permitted to suffer those consequences.

People who have choices deserve the results of their choices. Other folks who have no choice - such as those who are waiting for transplants - deserve the chance to prove their worth.

if he was treated in the way you seem to think he deserves.... then it would set a precedence how all should be treated.
    So what's the problem?

Our society is made up of far too many people who refuse to take responsibility for the results of their actions. We are fast approaching a time where we will not be able to afford to keep bailing out these people time and again as the results of their chosen actions put them in danger.

Imagine how fantastic our health service could be if everyone did everything they could to help themselves get well? If people made decisions based on good, honest advice and then got the treatment the deserved as a result of their choices.

Imagine a health service with the balls to tell people who deliberately choose not to help themselves, or even those whose actions are persistantly hurting themselves and others that they would either not receive all the treatment they wanted or would have to pay for it so that the other people, those who were ill through no fault of their own; those who really did want to get well, would stand the best chance to do so.

Why should we constantly waste hundreds of millions of pounds trying to help people who won't help themselves and then refuse treatment to others because we can't afford to give them what they need?

a woman goes to the doc, is advised not to get pregnant again because of the risks to herself...... she falls pregnant... do they refuse to give her treatment as she didnt do as she was advised?

someone has a weight problem, they are told that they need to lose weight or their health will start to suffer, they dont lose weight, do they then deserve not to receive treatment?
    Yup, I'm afraid so - but only if the patient actually had a choice.

The harsh, unwelcome reality is that this country cannot afford to keep the NHS service running on a "free for all" basis. There just isn't enough money to go round. Within the next decade or two we will be forced to either follow the American route of everyone having to buy private health insurance or start drastic measures such as those I've outlined above.

someone suffers from anorexia, they refuse to eat..... let them die because they arent doing what is best for themselves?
    This case is different from the above in that Anorexia is a mental illness and is beyond the normal free will of most people. It is not something that they simply choose to do.

someone smokes....... should we refuse treatment?

someone gets skin cancer, is treatment refused as they have sunbathed every year for the last thirty?
    Why not?

Look at it this way, how much sympathy would you have for someone in Florida who kept rebuilding their beach house with government handouts after every hurricane despite the fact that they were told time and again that it was not safe for them to build there? Would you think it OK for them to receive a million dollars each time for something that would only be destroyed again? Or would you expect them to have more sense and stop wasting the money?

Or what about idiot climbers who continually go into the mountains without the proper training, equipment and expertise? Should the rescue teams go and save them time after time whilst putting the whole team at risk and spending hundreds of thousands of pounds, wasting their limited resources? Or should they reserve their skills for people who suffer accident through no fault of their own?

People CHOOSE to do these things to themselves. If they CHOOSE to do something which will kill them, why try to save them more than once?

These are my opinions, unfashionable as they may be.

Thread Information