My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: re postage with william1982

Default re postage with william1982

I have just purchased an item from william1982 1130962589-29052-0 and in the advert it says items sent by special delivery costing 6.00, I paid for this and the watch was sent ordinary post costing 94 pence it was in a jiffy bag, I asked the question about postage costs on his for sale page and was told the 6.00 covers packing and the box the watch is in, what a load of cobblers, this is cheating, his watches never sell for more than a 1.00 so he bumps up price by postage, that is a blatent lie to get money to say it is coming by special delivery.
    I wont buy from cheats.

All-About brian_bogbrush
    View brian_bogbrush's Listings
    Forum Posts

someone else complained about this seller the other day.

you could ask for refund of £3.50 or £4.00 and threaten to report to eBid if he doesn't cough up.

looks like another buyer may have been refunded judging by one of the recent feedbacks he rec'd.
    bogbrush

I have already complained to ebid as when i asked him the question he said "hi postage includes all costs for packaging including the display box " but his postage says "Royal Mail Special Delivery (£6.00)"

its a trick used on feepay to avoid fee's, since the fee's here are so low (if any) it really doesnt need to be used. I guess some sellers have got into the habit over there and do it here to.

Forum Lurker
    All-About snitch2000
    View snitch2000's Listings
    Forum Posts

If the seller sent the item by another method other than the stated "special delivery", then they have broken the terms of the auction as the postage stated will form part of the auction description and therefore the auction contract. You should be able to claim a refund for the difference between the stated and the actual cost.

Forum Saint
    View Cocksparrer's Feedback (+424)
    All-About Cocksparrer
    View Cocksparrer's Listings
    Forum Posts

Clarkesville, if you have a copy of the sellers email sent to you via reply to your question regarding the postage, forward it onto eBid im sure they may be able to sort this out. If you paid via PPPay or Paypal you could complain to them and send them his responce, and may get a partial refund.

Good luck.

Thread Information