Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ebid sellers items, on top page of google

Default Ebid sellers items, on top page of google

Its nice to see ebid, are now showing sellers items, on google, when you search.
    see link below, and try searching items you have on auction

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...e+Search&meta=

it aint nice might draw more scammers to the site than there already is

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Excellent news that we're appearing on google

I have no idea what the connection is to 'scammers' But i do have a few tips for people who are concerned about scammers on Auction sites:

Scammers prey on the gullible. Remember if it looks too good to be true- it probably is!
    Be wary of buying high priced items from sellers with little or no feedback. If you really want to go ahead with the transaction- consider using the escrew method offered via pppay
    Take even more care when buying on EBAY- they do not have a very robust process for dealing with scammers. Have you tried reporting one there!!!
    If you are unlucky enough to be tricked by a scammer- make sure you use the feedback system to warn others- and contact EBID to alert them to the situation. EBID are very fast to suspend rule breakers
    Remember that auction sites are venues for selling only. you cannot claim your money back from the auction site- the final burdon of care rests with you the buyer

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you, Val, for your support and I, for one, am excited to know we are appearing on Google.

I came to eBid from a feepay site and I am planning on hanging around. I mostly sell Lefton collectibles and I know that the only way I can sell them is if there are buyers to bid on them. I also hope to see more sellers listing the same kind of items as the more sellers we have the more need there is for buyers. Since eBid is new to the United States, it is going to take some spreading the word around and I think Google is a fantastic way to do it.

I know that some of the bad comes with the good but I think how it is handled makes a big difference in the outcome.

I am new to eBid but I LIKE IT and I would like to see more about how nice it is to be able to list and sell FREE than to see where people are scared to death they are going to be scammed. I, as a seller am in a lot better position to do the scamming AND I AM NOT GOING TO --- but, if I did, I hope instead of someone just lumping everyone else with me they would SHOW IT IN THE FEEDBACK for me and report me to eBid.

Thanks and God Bless.

scammers will always be around, not advertising to stop scammers, is like cutting your nose off to spike your face, ebid is a public auction site, not private, finding members, listings, feedback on google, will generate a lot traffic to ebid, ebid is a free auction, and thats great, there are listings, which cost money, and theres only a dozen sellers who use this, happy hour, front page, 60 minute, and gallery, feature. to have just a dozen or so ebiders using these additional services, is not going to help ebid, pay for advertising, i have read lots of threads, sellers moaning at ebid, for not advertising, looking at some of these sellers auctions, every item listed is a free auction, and im guessing they havent even spent 10 pounds since being registered. theres not such thing as somthing for nothing, every seller needs to spend some money, listing items, to help ebid pay for advertising. and the rewards will come to them

ewwwwe....watch out for the "scammers"...

I'm sure there are a million websites that have absolutely no traffic and therefore no "scammers". Maybe you should hang out there all by yourself (for safety's sake) and leave ebid to those of us who want an ebay alternative - traffic and all.

It is 'to spite'.. There is also way too much punctuation floating about..

Ebid showing in google searches can only be a good thing. No reason why it should draw scammers. The ammount of decent sellers here far outweighs the scammers anyway.. if anyone is that scared of online auctioning, they shouldn't be doing it at all. In fact, they shouldn't be on the internet at all, never know what your ISP will do with the personal details you have to give them... or what sites will do with your details when you buy things from them...
    http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/main.c...rance-Skincare

After a long, long time, I'm baaaaaack!! My stuff: Look at it, it's fantastic.

Happy New Year all. Just joined Ebid as a New Years resolution (okay so I kept one of them). I think it is fantastic that Ebid is atop of Google on at least one search. The more the better. I'm a full time I.T. student in college and we do quite a bit of research on Google, etc. I've been auctioning my comic prints for 3 years. My experience has been like most the others. I maybe get one con-artist per 200 or so transactions. (have even come to expect that number). But most are just honest everyday folk. I have about 400 or so successful Paypal transactions and only 1 of those turned out to be a scammer. True, more advertising means more scammers. However, the ratio remains the same. So for the few bad apples that slither in (and don't worry, they will); the extra sales generally make up for it. Oh yeah, and they DID catch the Paypal scammer eventually, and I was reimbursed.

Forum Newbie
    View Verbeia's Feedback (+16)
    All-About Verbeia
    View Verbeia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi there!
    I've just tried searching on Google for an item which I'm selling on eBid (it's been on for a few weeks) and it's nowhere to be found. Try it if y' don't believe me. It's a rare very book on the History of Halifax in Yorkshire and despite all I tried, nothing appeared. So I eventually copied and pasted the title, with eBid before and after (i.e., "eBid Rev Nelson History Town Parish Halifax Yorkshire") and nothing appeared. It seems that Google doesn't find stuff here like it does with eBay. Can this be remedied?
    Cheers - Paul

Thread Information