My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Rubbish!!! Happy Hour!!!

Angry Rubbish!!! Happy Hour!!!

Please remind me NEVER to list anything ever again on the happy hour.

I just GAVE AWAY a rare box set of 30 Only Fool & Horses Vids. I cannot get over the crap price I got for them (£21)
    I tought I would have at LEAST got £50.
    I wish I had never sold them now. As I paid over £360 for them new.
    I PLEDGE NEVER TO USE HAPPY HOUR EVER AGAIN. (Unless ebid changes it, so that we can at least be allowed a reserve price for them)

I think If I had listed my four bedroom house with garage, on the happy hour, it would only have sold for £20.

Wow, 4-bed houses are going for as much as £20 down your way now? That's inflation for you :-P

But seriously.. a loss like that is awful.. which is why I never use the happy hour, I only ever list at what I'm prepared to sell at as a start price.. especially with the personal things, it'd kill me to see my Chanel No.5 pressed parfum gift set sell for a tenner, so I've listed it quite a few times, but hey, I'd rather keep it than sell it for diddly..

That's crap, they should let you have a reserve.
    http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/main.c...rance-Skincare

After a long, long time, I'm baaaaaack!! My stuff: Look at it, it's fantastic.

I am not really sure what to do... I have had 3 people buy from me, & have not paid me as yet. Last night I just made arrangements to go away on friday 16th, and will not be back untill after the new year. I have emailed the buyers to let them know, and said I would need payment by friday morning, so that I could post before I go. But I have not had any response from any of the buyers. But I cannot not go on holiday just because 3 people haven't paid me.

Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View thehoneyant's Feedback (+137)
    All-About thehoneyant
    View thehoneyant's Listings
    Forum Posts

Oops, short notice, but don't let it spoil your holidays.

Will you have access to a computer where you're going, as I notice you still have 50 auctions running some with buy nows, over the next 7 days.
    You might get a rush on.

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've just had a look at your auction. You haven't included any payment conditions in the listing- except that you'll accept pppay, cheques, postal orders etc.. so asking for payment to be made by Friday might be difficult if the buyer is paying by cheque.

When i was on holiday earlier this year i tried to log into my account at least every couple of days (use a freinds PC, local library or internet cafe) so i could keep any new buyers informed . I aslo put a message on my 'about me' page explaining I would be absent.

I have never used the front page auction facility because i was aware no reserve could be set and have no evidence of high demand for my products ( at prices that would want me to spend £1 to list anyway!) Did you research your Market before listing? If you type 'fools and horses' into the completed auctions section under the 'search ' tab you'll see that very few auctions under this heading have actually sold here. (they dont sell that well on Amazon either)

I know hindsite is a wonderful thing- but should you have another 30 videos sitting at home! List them as an ordinary auction (with your reserve price set) then do a google search for the on line fan club site for fools & horses (or whoever the vids are about) and post a message on their forums telling them about your auction. the fans will give you an idea of market value- or may even join ebid and bid

Quote Originally Posted by thehoneyant
    Oops, short notice, but don't let it spoil your holidays.

Will you have access to a computer where you're going, as I notice you still have 50 auctions running some with buy nows, over the next 7 days.
    You might get a rush on.
    A rush on !!!! I dont think so. lol. But I will try to get to a pc sometime while i'm away, to try to keep things sorted. I may even be able to get on ebid via my pocket pc (But I'm still working out how to use it).
    I have emailed anyone that needed to know.
    I just dont want to upset anybody. As I didn't know I was going away untill yesterday evening.

It's one of those times where you want a NPB.

Quote Originally Posted by rolfharrisunderpants
    It's one of those times where you want a NPB.
    Yes. That would have been great. But hey,,, Never mind, its christmas. And my christmas starts tomorrow. YIPEEEEEEEEE!!!!

I will see you all back here in the new year. So have a GREAT xmas all of you. :>)

Thread Information