Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maybe of interest for those who use Paypal

Default Maybe of interest for those who use Paypal

I am at present in a running battle with Paypal over an item i purchased on Ebid where the seller used a fake name/address and telephone number so obviously i cannot return item for a refund, Paypal flat out refused to assist me when i mailed them so i quite rightly informed Paypal if my monies were not refunded i would contact my credit card company, i received a response this morning and will paste here part of the response which i find quite interesting.

Our Buyer Complaint Policy applies to items paid through PayPal but
    never received, and regarding goods purchased on eBay and paid for
    through PayPal that the buyer receives but that are significantly not as
    described by the seller. Since this significantly not as described item
    was not purchased on eBay we cannot reverse the transaction or issue a
    refund.

It would seem you are only protected by Paypal if you buy or sell on Ebay and no other auction sites.

View pupsandpets's Feedback (+829)
    All-About pupsandpets
    View pupsandpets's Listings
    Forum Posts

That's ridiculous, why allow the people the option to use for other payment options (other than ebay) if they strip you of your protection rights! That's appauling, at the end of the day they are still earning money from the transaction.

Quite, i am as disgusted as you are, and i feel this is a major concern for those here that use PayPal whether buyer or seller, regardless as to Ebay buying Paypal we should all have the same rights as Paypal is used worldwide by other auction sites and used for many other transactions.
    I have just sent a message to Ebid regarding this matter as i felt they should be informed.

I already knew that. Their "protection" scheeme barely works for use on feepay, let alone anywhere else. They extend the protection only to their affiliate site to encourage people to use it there, but they allow use of it in relation to any site because.. well.. they get to make money out of it, don't they. That's what they're all about. Paypal and feepay have never let ethics stand in the way of making 50p.
    http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/main.c...rance-Skincare

After a long, long time, I'm baaaaaack!! My stuff: Look at it, it's fantastic.

Forum Saint
    View Cocksparrer's Feedback (+424)
    All-About Cocksparrer
    View Cocksparrer's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have had problems with Paypal. Paid for items, and have arrived "Not as described" or charged EXCESSIVE postage. And all they do is close the case without even bothering to do any checking.

I only use Paypal as so many people do. And I find them highly disrupting when someone makes a false claim and gets their cash back & keeps the goods!

Mind you a certain auction site was on television the other day "Watchdog" anybody see it, people have written in to complain about that auction site and complain about Paypal, and the lack of "Buyer" protection. Very informative, but obviously the auction site "Lied" through the screen trying to make out all is ok and that it is only a small minority that gets affected.

Plus the fact that people also manage to pay for an item, email you and then retract payment. It then goes through Paypal as not paid and you cant do anything about it. Also if you contact that auction site and tell them they say "go to paypal" but when you do its like shouting at a brick wall.

Damn rubbish I say.

I am in the middle of a dispute on Ebay, with paypal reviewing the case and have been doing so for 6 weeks now.... I bought a simpsons board game as a christmas gift for my niece, after 3 weeks nothing had arrived despite emailing seller several times, then I noticed they were no longer registered, so I emailed one last time, 2 days later I get a parcel through the post, completely the wrong game...so I email again and hear nothing. I filed a complaint through paypal, they asked me to send item back to seller via recorded delivery. I did so and entered my tracking number in the relevant section at paypal. The next day I get an email asking me to fax through the postage receipt with sellers postcode and addy on, I do so. Now I am in limbo, the seller has now got my money and the item back. Paypal are "reviewing the case" which could take several weeks. Surely there has to be a faster system than this. I am fortunate in the amount is only £23 so it won't break the bank, but it still annoys me!
    Sorry to go on, but I had to get that off my chest!!

View pupsandpets's Feedback (+829)
    All-About pupsandpets
    View pupsandpets's Listings
    Forum Posts

My dad bought a shower tray and surround off ebay, and when it came the glass was smashed. The first dispute started between the company purchased from and the courier and as neither would accept responsibility my dad eventually put a claim into paypal. They have refused to do anything at all because it was after 45 days and apprantly you have to put in a dispute before 45 days.
    He was so mad because he explained communication had taken place and he was waiting for a resolve and didn't want to complain without giving them a chance but paypal just didn't want to know! So he's got no shower and lost £300 as the company refuse to refund.

Default Paypal Complaints

Hi Everyone.

I was very interested to read all your PayPal troubles.

Did you know that if PayPal do not resolve a complaint/ignore etc. you can take them to The Financial Ombudsman Service.
    (my partner works there so i know all the ins and outs)

Once you put in a complaint to the F.O.S the bank/paypal HAVE to pay F.O.S 300.00gbp
    Then it goes through the system (can take upto 4months though) and the FOS will review your case and decide either way. 99% of the time you win because it can cost the bank/paypal alot of money.
    So it is cheaper for them to refund you and give you compensation (in some cases).

There web site is: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk

If you want any more info on this look at there site or you may contact me direct on : emaildannyjf@yahoo.co.uk

Hope this has been of use/help.

I am still awaiting a return payment from Oct from Paypal for items purchased on Ebay that were not received..
    Ebid asked for the email sent to me from PayPal maybe they can enquire as to where people stand who use PayPal from other auction sites, what i fail to understand is what Ebay has to do with this and other situations that are not related to Ebay, yes Ebay purchased PayPal but it is merely a method of payment and not for the sole use of Ebay customers, but it seems that is exactly what the situation is, as this is obviously the case then PayPal should state their service is for Ebay customers only or inform people on the main page that you will not be protected by PayPal if the service is used in conjuction with any other auction sites or other transactions.

Quote Originally Posted by cashspend
    Hi Everyone.

I was very interested to read all your PayPal troubles.

Did you know that if PayPal do not resolve a complaint/ignore etc. you can take them to The Financial Ombudsman Service.
    (my partner works there so i know all the ins and outs)

Once you put in a complaint to the F.O.S the bank/paypal HAVE to pay F.O.S 300.00gbp
    Then it goes through the system (can take upto 4months though) and the FOS will review your case and decide either way. 99% of the time you win because it can cost the bank/paypal alot of money.
    So it is cheaper for them to refund you and give you compensation (in some cases).

There web site is: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk

If you want any more info on this look at there site or you may contact me direct on : emaildannyjf@yahoo.co.uk

Hope this has been of use/help.
    This is a great help thanks very much for posting this information.

Thread Information