My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Confused :S

Thumbs down Confused :S

hi, ive recently won a dutch auction for a nokia mobile phone, i payed for item, and have the guys address. he sent me multiple emails and such.
    now he hasnt replied to emails and within a few hours received -2 feedback and a score through his name, and he no longer exists as a member on ebid.
    i sent the payment from my bankaccount through pppal.com iam a registered user with my address and account verified.
    if this guy has done a runner with my money, do i get to make a complaint against the guy and somehow retreive my money back? (£78)
    any help would be appreciated, thanks, chris

pppal.com? Do you mean paypal or pppay? Or is it a new auction payment method that passed me by? Now I'm confused!

If you're sure you won't recieve the item, you can request his phone number from support@ebid.tv, try calling him, if you don't get anywhere you can talk to your bank about the possibility of reversing the charge.. don't know if that's viable, probably depends on the bank's policies and whatnot.. if all else fails you can try taking a look at this site..

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco/index.jsp

Good luck :-)
    http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/main.c...rance-Skincare

After a long, long time, I'm baaaaaack!! My stuff: Look at it, it's fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by diorella24
    pppal.com? Do you mean paypal or pppay? Or is it a new auction payment method that passed me by? Now I'm confused!

If you're sure you won't recieve the item, you can request his phone number from support@ebid.tv, try calling him, if you don't get anywhere you can talk to your bank about the possibility of reversing the charge.. don't know if that's viable, probably depends on the bank's policies and whatnot.. if all else fails you can try taking a look at this site..

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco/index.jsp

Good luck :-)
    lol.sorry i meant pppay.com, used to using paypal so i get confused :P
    if nothing happens in the next few days i will check with the bank and, as for now im gonna check that site out

Ah okay ;-)

I've never used pppay so I don't know anything about their chargeback policies, I'm sure there are some other people knocking about the forums who can be more informative.. speak up people!
    http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/main.c...rance-Skincare

After a long, long time, I'm baaaaaack!! My stuff: Look at it, it's fantastic.

i called my bank there, (bank of scotland) they said if i dont receive the goods and because its a fraud, i have to call they fraud dept or something, and i can claim my money back.
    hope all goes well..any more help would be appreciated.
    chris

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisy9
    hi, ive recently won a dutch auction for a nokia mobile phone, i payed for item, and have the guys address. he sent me multiple emails and such.
    now he hasnt replied to emails and within a few hours received -2 feedback and a score through his name, and he no longer exists as a member on ebid.
    i sent the payment from my bankaccount through pppal.com iam a registered user with my address and account verified.
    if this guy has done a runner with my money, do i get to make a complaint against the guy and somehow retreive my money back? (£78)
    any help would be appreciated, thanks, chris
    If you sent money via PPPay and you have not verified your card your money can not have been accepted by the seller.

Login to your PPPay account and view the current status to find out the state of play with your transaction.

Thanks
    Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

hello . im much the same with chrissy9 . i also bought 2 items from the same guy . but before paying him i did every check i could even got him to send me a phone number . i spoke to him 3 times before and during money transfer . now 1 payment i don,t think i will get back unless my credit card company stops the payment . the other payment i havent made due to pppay waiting for card to be verified which i won,t be doing just now.. surely if ebid remove a member they could at least inform the people who have won items from them so they can at least delay the payment or stop it going through the system . at least ebay and paypal notifiy you to give you a chance .... im £150.00 lighter due to my stupidity of trusting a new seller ...

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

I could be wrong but i get the impression neither buyer on this thread has actually paid the seller yet!. No seller is going to send you anything if you haven't paid them

In my opinion new users to PPPay should verify their cards in advance of trying to use the favility to pay- if you haven't verified your card them your money will be sitting in PPPays account and not the sellers. Be careful you don't get negative feedback as a non payer

Quote Originally Posted by val4xx
    I could be wrong but i get the impression neither buyer on this thread has actually paid the seller yet!. No seller is going to send you anything if you haven't paid them

In my opinion new users to PPPay should verify their cards in advance of trying to use the favility to pay- if you haven't verified your card them your money will be sitting in PPPays account and not the sellers. Be careful you don't get negative feedback as a non payer

both of us have payed. my card has been verified on pppay, the payment is sitting in pending..
    i cancelled another that was sitting there for him at £0.00
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information