Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Paranormal, Do you Belive?

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele
    I wouldn't worry about it, if I were you Anichka54. The OP doesn't come here any more.
    Lol, aha, i didn't know that, thanks, it just struck me as being funny.

My auctions, good prices, fair p&p.

Laughing is good exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

I strongly believe in spirits. I don't believe in demons as such - just more mischievious entities. As for vampires, I don't believe in them at all

View h1r3z's Feedback (+502)
    All-About h1r3z
    View h1r3z's Listings
    Forum Posts

The true definition of Vampire according to commonly used dictionaries is that of a mythical or folklore undead being that preys on the blood of the living. The word is of Slavonic origin describing a being of a malignant nature, or a reanimated corpse who seeks nourishment and often bodily harm by sucking the blood of the living.
    The modern definition seems to be a description of anyone or anything (Vampire bats being one of the most widely known) that drinks the blood of another creature. This modern definition cannot be denied to exist, there is proof that it happens all around the globe.

As for the more well known, look up

Gilles de Rais (1404 - 1440)
    Vlad Dracula Tepes (1431-1476)
    Elizabeth Bathory (The Blood Countess )(1560 - 1614)

Almost every country in the world has accounts of some form of 'Vampirism' - check out these too:

Asasabonsam - W. Africa
    Baital - India
    Bajang - Malaysia
    Baobhan Sith - Scotland
    Callicantzaros (or Kallikantzaros) - Greece
    Ch'ing Shih - China
    Civateteo - Mexico
    Dearg-due - Ireland
    Empusa - Greece & Rome
    Incubus - Europe
    Jaracara - Brazil
    Krvopijac - Bulgaria
    Mulo - Gypsy
    Nosferatu - Central & Eastern Europe
    Shtriga - Albania
    Strigoi - Romania, inclucing Transylvania
    Stryx - Roman
    Vampyr - Serbia
    Vrykolakas - Well known 17th to early 20th Century Greece

Some other variants on the vampire are: dracul (Austrian), kwakiytl (American Indian), lobishomen (Brazilian), murony (Wallachian), ogolgen (Bohemian), otgiruru (African), oupir (Hungarian), owenga (African), talamaur (Melanasian), vapir (Bulgarian), avarcolac (Romanian), sharabisu (Babylonian), brucolacas (Greek), kattakhanes (Singhalese), khadro/dakini (Tibetan), kalika (Hindu), aulak.

The list goes on & on. It makes you wonder though how so many different cultures have such similar accounts.
    There are people (and creatures) that drink the blood of others, but the belief has to end before the introduction of 'special powers' such as turning to smoke, bats, superhuman strength etc, and while yes, no doubt a stake through the heart would kill them (as it would any creature) I think it's all the holy water, garlic, crosses, sunlight & such that people think of when deciding whether they 'believe' or not.

Most "rational" people that is

Quote Originally Posted by h1r3z
    Most "rational" people that is ...
    Most so-called "rational" people believe that the government and their appointed bodies are there to save them in the event of a major crisis. With that level of blinker wearing, it is any surprise that they also believe in fantastical or mythical creatures?

I must admit my first thought when thinking of vampires, is the teeth

I must admit I do try to find out as much as possible about all things esoteric/ alternative, however vampirism is something that just passes me by. I don't think of teeth, I think of teenage goths...

Also, another Pagan friend of mine pointed out the Holy Sacrament v Vampirism...

The Soap Dragon xxx

Hi. I do believe in the paranormal. I don't believe in vampires or demons. but I do believe that some spirits of people (and pets) hang around after they pass on. I've had a few wierd things happen that has made me more open minded about those kind of things.
    Check out my EBid Store! Fabulous Prices on high quality fine jewelry, fashion jewelry and watches! Drop by anytime!
    http://ca.ebid.net/stores/The-Jewel-Bin

I'm a parapsychologist - so believe in some things but not everything - I am also a Witch

I believe in the paranormal, have had a few incidents before.

As for the rest i think its a load of ballony!!!

Kerry

View onlinegifts's Feedback (+501)
    All-About onlinegifts
    View onlinegifts's Listings
    Forum Posts

I do know ghosts are real as have lived in many haunted houses & a old inn/pub. there not that scary!!!
    can make you jump somethimes and drive you mad looking for stuff you have just put down a second ago!!! but I do miss them as my house I live in now isn't haunted.
    But I don't belive in any of the other stuff like vampires or demons.
    BIG SALE now on in my Bargain Shop

http://uk.four.ebid.net/perl/main.cg...tle-girls-Shop

Usborne books at home Mummy says its only 5.00 to join till 9th March.
    PM me for details xxx

Thread Information