eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: AnythinG or AnythinK?? That, is the question!!

Unhappy AnythinG or AnythinK?? That, is the question!!

has anybody else noticed that 99% of the worlds population say anythinK or somethinK instead of anythinG or somethinG, I even watch the TV and am always shouting at people to say the word correctly.

There is no such word as ANYTHINK, SOMETHINK, NOTHINK.
    The correct words are : ANYTHING, SOMETHING, NOTHING.

THINK..... is only something that you do with your brain.

What is wrong with the world????????????
    Next time you watch the TV, have a go at counting how many people cannot say the words correctly.

View cccgem's Feedback (+3)
    All-About cccgem
    View cccgem's Listings
    Forum Posts

If the past is any sign of the future, these will be the words used in the future. Hope your having a good day.

Yes, thanx. I am having an OK day. I hope you are too. :0)

View cccgem's Feedback (+3)
    All-About cccgem
    View cccgem's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm glad to report all systems are go. Just stepped in during my break, so back to the work I go. Bye! Have a great day.

I just haT to say SUMMINK A-BOW your ANYFINK FING an' agree WIFF you VAT most PEEPULL seem to say FINGS WRONGLY.

What is even more annoying is the manner in which the Americans state that they speak English, when in fact they quite clearly speak American.

When America stood challenged by the task of educating the people and raising their standards so that they may correctly use the English language, what did they do? They copped out. Instead of making the people smarter they made the language dumber! Yet even as we recognise what has happened we careen drunkenly down the same road in an insane attempt to adopt the ways of our colonial cousins.

The world's gone mad! Mad I tell you! MAD!

You make me laugh evey time I read your posts.
    And why is it, that, british people have started copying the American language? like TRUCK instead of LORRY. And "talk to the hand" ect...

Its like British people don't want to be British any more.

I JUST GIVE UP!!!!!!!

Would you all mind if we all talked like Mr Wilson from Dad's Army. If you don't mind, it would be awfully nice.

Language, like most things, evolves.

You may not think of it as evolution, since we are led to believe that evolution makes things for the better, but it is not always the case (HIV being a good case in point) but indeed evolution is what it is. No laws govern punctuation for example, just rules - and one is not obliged to follow rules, it is simply hoped that one might.

Your assertion about the correct pronunciation of a word is based merely on preference and simply saying there is no such word as "anythink" and then writing it, is in itself, a contradiction. The matter is simply one of semantics and you can argue 'til you are blue in the face, in a democracy, if 99% of people say a word one way, it is the 1% who might want to reconsider their position.

You might not like the words, and many of us share your dislike but that they don't exist, or that there is only one defined way to say them is, I'm afraid, patently wrong.

I'd suggest you find something worthwhile to worry about...have you considered the save the pinta campaign?
    If the cap doesn't fit, why choose to wear it?

Ps, in your sig, "the fluffy wall etc" "bidders" should be double "D"
    If the cap doesn't fit, why choose to wear it?

I remember a time when the BBC wouldn't employ presenters with "regional accents" (showing my age there). Now you are lucky if a presenter (particularly on childrens/teenagers/music shows) below the age of 25 can actually pronounce "th" or go for more than five minutes without the urge to say "innit" or "dis way and dat way"?!?

Although saying that, the new mini pringles ad makes me howl !!

"Der is no way that is mini man, dat looks MASSIVE"

"Wot is it lookin like up der?"

"You is all lookin like ants yeah"

pmsl
    MY EBID SHOP
    Is full of good stuff !

Thread Information