Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Calling all creative folk !

Default Calling all creative folk !

I've had an idea for a YDC logo but don'y have the skill to use the idea. lol. So I was wondering if any of you arty types might take a bash at it for me ?

My idea was to have the words Yorkies Daft Competition written across normally, and then using the first letter of each word have the following words going downwards.. Your Donation Counts.

I'd want it to fit in with the current YDC site, so blue may be a good colour to start with. lol. I'd want it simple but effective too, if you know what I mean.

Anyone fancy a go at it ?, I don't promise to use it because it's just an idea I had at the moment, but I'm sure you lot can do a lot better than me. lol

I had a go at making a flash banner earlier, it's not very good but it's my very first go at doing anything to do with flash, never even looked at making anything with flash untill an hour or so ago. So that will give you some idea how crap the banner is. pmsl

If you wanna laugh you can see the banner by clicking the link below.
    http://www.ascx40.dsl.pipex.com/ydcs...tro/intro.html

Let me know if you decide to tackle the YDC logo.

Cheers me dears.
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

Mention eBid if you add me on FaceBook or Twitter so I know where you are from.

View minkyrra's Feedback (+1752)
    All-About minkyrra
    View minkyrra's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lightbulbs
    you're banner is great but if someone else is designing id suggest ytou steer away from using your name, it smacks of ego IMHO
    ego?

*coughs*

laughs

sorry

how new are you?

do you know anything at all about ydc?

might be an idea to read what its about and why it has been called ydc before forming and giving your honest opinion

IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by yorkiesauctions
    I've had an idea for a YDC logo but don'y have the skill to use the idea. lol. So I was wondering if any of you arty types might take a bash at it for me ?

My idea was to have the words Yorkies Daft Competition written across normally, and then using the first letter of each word have the following words going downwards.. Your Donation Counts.

I'd want it to fit in with the current YDC site, so blue may be a good colour to start with. lol. I'd want it simple but effective too, if you know what I mean.

Anyone fancy a go at it ?, I don't promise to use it because it's just an idea I had at the moment, but I'm sure you lot can do a lot better than me. lol

I had a go at making a flash banner earlier, it's not very good but it's my very first go at doing anything to do with flash, never even looked at making anything with flash untill an hour or so ago. So that will give you some idea how crap the banner is. pmsl

If you wanna laugh you can see the banner by clicking the link below.
    http://www.ascx40.dsl.pipex.com/ydcs...tro/intro.html

Let me know if you decide to tackle the YDC logo.

Cheers me dears.
    Im no good with graphics either but i think that banner looks great, imho!!

Quote Originally Posted by lightbulbs
    the guy is called yorkie but its about giving money to chariddy - so why's he want a banner with his name on, why not the chariddy's name? okay do what you want, he asked for opinions, he got one
    The reason behind the name is on the YDC website FAQ page, It has nothing to do with ego.

I'm always willing to put a name change to the vote if folk want though.
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

Quote Originally Posted by betsyboo
    Im no good with graphics either but i think that banner looks great, imho!!
    LOL, thanks, it's okay for a first go.

I'm no good with graphics either. lol
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

Lightbulbs has deleted his/her posts. Who else is fond of doing that, I wonder...... lol

Regarding the banner, I agree with Betsy. And I'm no good at graphics either, sorry.

Rotherham, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View PATRIOT73's Feedback (+173)
    All-About PATRIOT73
    View PATRIOT73's Listings
    Forum Posts

nice frankie m'lad

but word o advice get daughter to do it next time
    "WALKING IS DEFINITELY OVERRATED"

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethecat
    Lightbulbs has deleted his/her posts. Who else is fond of doing that, I wonder...... lol

Regarding the banner, I agree with Betsy. And I'm no good at graphics either, sorry.
    well deleting the threads has done it for me, i don't think plastic is in the bb house after all!

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethecat
    LOL, strange innit. Folk shouldn't be scared to stand by their opinions, we're all entitled to them.
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

Quote Originally Posted by PATRIOT73
    nice frankie m'lad

but word o advice get daughter to do it next time
    PMSL

Aye reet enuff lad, made a reet dogs dinner of it didn't I.
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

Thread Information