Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: A little puzzle....

Quote Originally Posted by arh-products
    This puzzle is fairly well known, and the solution is always the same, and not different just because you want it to be. (You got it wro-ong, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah!)
    Really? ALWAYS the same, is it?

So you want to argue with this version I've just found via Google, do you?

http://712educators.about.com/cs/cri...ainteasers.htm

A bedraggled, sunburnt young woman makes her way into a restaurant located on the 5th floor of a large building. She gets seated on the balcony. Seeing that the special for the day is seagull, she orders some. When the meal comes, she tastes it, calls the waiter over, and asks, "Are you sure this is seagull?" "Yes," says the waiter, "absolutely sure." With that, the young woman jumps up and leaps off the balcony to her death. Why?
    ===================================
    She was among a group of survivors from a shipwreck. They had fed her something which they said was seagull. When she ate the real seagull, she realized things were as she feared.* They had given one of the less fortunate shipwreck victims. Therefore, she killed herself.
    * As she had feared, or in other words, she thought that she might have eaten human meat and needed to check. Exactly the same logic as my answer which you insist is wrong.

So YOU are wrong. The answer is NOT always exactly the same because the question sometimes varies, the information given varies and the logical process for getting the answer varies. Those with a brain and the intelligence to understand the fluid nature of these things would accept different variations of the answer as long as the central premis is the same. You, in your apparent lack of wisdom, demand the exact version which you saw.

Oh, so you DO look up the answers then? hehe. I wondered why you got so upset when I said you got it wrong!!!
    Come and try your luck in our gaming forums:
    http://www.arh-auction.co.uk/forums/

Quote Originally Posted by arh-products
    Oh, so you DO look up the answers then? hehe.
    Yes, I looked up that puzzle. Actually you gave me the idea when you said it was a common puzzle. I wanted to prove you were wrong.

I note that you are still too juvenile to admit that my answer was correct even when faced with proof.

Well, no matter. If that's what floats your boat.
    Last edited by damian_steele; 28th May 2006 at 11:48 PM.

Can we move on to Pete's cookie puzzle now folks? lol

The cookie puzzle.... if the jar is big enough, she puts the smallest child IN the jar after she's handed out 9 cookies?

And here's a fresh one: A man walks into a bar and asks for a glass of water. The barman pulls a shotgun out from under the bar, chambers a round, and points it at the man's head. The man stands there for about a minute, then smiles, thanks the barman, and leaves. What's going on?
    DISCLAIMER:
    The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the author, or his family, internet service
    provider, mobile phone operator, bank, milk supplier, television channel, favourite movie or religion.
    I don't know where they come from.
    It scares me sometimes.

Tossers R Us............

Quote Originally Posted by Petesmovies4auction
    A babysitter came over one day to babysit 10 children. She decided to give them a snack. In a jar there were 10 cookies. She wants to give each one a cookie, but still keep one in the jar. How will she do it? (WITHOUT BREAKING ANY COOKIES-EACH CHILD HAS TO GET A WHOLE!)
    errrr...you didn't say that they ATE the cookies, or even that they keep them....so she gives one of the kids a cookie, then takes it back and gives it to another?
    DISCLAIMER:
    The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of the author, or his family, internet service
    provider, mobile phone operator, bank, milk supplier, television channel, favourite movie or religion.
    It scares me sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by kenpem
    The cookie puzzle.... if the jar is big enough, she puts the smallest child IN the jar after she's handed out 9 cookies?

And here's a fresh one: A man walks into a bar and asks for a glass of water. The barman pulls a shotgun out from under the bar, chambers a round, and points it at the man's head. The man stands there for about a minute, then smiles, thanks the barman, and leaves. What's going on?
    *Deleted*. lol Heard it.
    Last edited by maggiethecat; 29th May 2006 at 01:35 AM.

well, quick, hide your answer!
    DISCLAIMER:
    It scares me sometimes.

Thread Information