Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: A little puzzle....

Quote Originally Posted by arh-products
    He wasn't checking anything...places he ate previously have nothing to do with the solution.
    I didn't say he was checking places he'd eaten. I was asking if there was anywhere else to eat, because if there was he wouldn't have had no choice other than to eat the "meat" offered to him and then, therefore, wouldn't have had to check which meat he'd eaten by buying the seagull pie.

As stated on my site, they were stranded in a place without food. Gosh, you're really serious about yourself, aren't you? lol
    Come and try your luck in our gaming forums:
    http://www.arh-auction.co.uk/forums/

What a load of bollicks...thank God I`m not teetotal......feck me haven`t people got better things to do......you`ll all be dead soon !............killed by feckin `loony seagulls rippin `yer neck open..........

He bit into the pie and found his wife's finger?

As stated on my site, they were stranded in a place without food. Gosh, you're really serious about yourself, aren't you? lol
    And you sound like a you don't understand the question to give proper answers.

So, the correct answer is:

The guy was stranded (on an island) with his wife and another person.

They were all starving.

The wife died.

The other person caught a seagull but the bird was only big enough for one person to eat. Whoever did not have the seagull would have to eat part of the dead wife.

Neither person wanted to eat human meat, so when it had been carved they came up with some random process to mix up the meats so neither one would know which meat they'd eaten.

When they were rescued, the man wanted to find out. He asked for a seagull pie. When he ate it he realised he'd not tasted it before and had therefore eaten part of his wife.

So the man couldn't deal with that and topped himself.

Now, had you understood the situation properly, you'd have realised that I had earlier been trying to find out if there was another source of food - hence the question about the cafes which you dismissed as irrelevant - and had there been a source of food, then I would have been on the wrong lines with the two meats thing, which, as it now turns out, I was NOT wrong about.

Your website comment is also irelevant here as you only added further clues AFTER I had both asked my question and PMed you about it.

So, in future, if you are going to post any more of these, I suggest that you A: properly understand the question, B: give correct answers and C: put the darn things in the proper GAMES forum.

Now ,if the Martians are lookin `in on this...............

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele
    And you sound like a you don't understand the question to give proper answers.

So, the correct answer is:

The guy was stranded (on an island) with his wife and another person.

They were all starving.

The wife died.

The other person caught a seagull but the bird was only big enough for one person to eat. Whoever did not have the seagull would have to eat part of the dead wife.

Neither person wanted to eat human meat, so when it had been carved they came up with some random process to mix up the meats so neither one would know which meat they'd eaten.

When they were rescued, the man wanted to find out. He asked for a seagull pie. When he ate it he realised he'd not tasted it before and had therefore eaten part of his wife.

So the man couldn't deal with that and topped himself.

Wrong..hence my correct replies to your questions...(hell, it's only a puzzle, get a life)! The man didn't want to find out anything (as I said, twice). The other party had been feeding the man his wife, but telling him it was seagull pie, so when he actually had seagull pie, it tasted different, and he then knew what he'd really been eating! If I'd known this thread was going to be taken so seriously, I would have posted it where people actually have a sense of humour!
    Last edited by arh-products; 28th May 2006 at 06:25 AM.

Wrong..hence my correct replies to your questions...(hell, it's only a puzzle, get a life)! The man didn't want to find out anything (as I said, twice). The other party had been feeding the man his wife, but telling him it was seagull pie, so when he actually had seagull pie, it tasted different, and he then knew what he'd really been eating! If I'd known this thread was going to be taken so seriously, I would have posted it where people actually have a sense of humour!
    Don't be such a tosser.

My answer was near as dammit and yet you still give me no credit for it. You are just a sore loser because someone got the answer to a puzzle that you probably failed to get when you heard it.

And your version makes no sense whatsoever; you haven't even thought it through. Why on earth would the man want to order a seagull pie - a bird which tastes as foul as the rubbish it eats - without a good reason? My answer supplies that reason; yours doesn't.

As for your pathetic "get a life" comment: if this puzzle were so unimportant that folks were not supposed to take it seriously or bother with it, WTF did you post it in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele
    Don't be such a tosser.

My answer was near as dammit and yet you still give me no credit for it. You are just a sore loser because someone got the answer to a puzzle that you probably failed to get when you heard it.

And your version makes no sense whatsoever; you haven't even thought it through. Why on earth would the man want to order a seagull pie - a bird which tastes as foul as the rubbish it eats - without a good reason? My answer supplies that reason; yours doesn't.

As for your pathetic "get a life" comment: if this puzzle were so unimportant that folks were not supposed to take it seriously or bother with it, WTF did you post it in the first place?
    Wow! You obviously know me so so well! So I'm a sore loser, a tosser (hehe, that one made me laugh!), even though I'm not the one analyzing a daft puzzle that was invented to pass the time as a party-piece...get real...NO-ONE would want to eat seagull pie...it's a non-real-life puzzle...DUH!! Do you think Coronation Street is realistic, too?

You seem as though you need to be constantly proving yourself (i.e. your anger at getting the answer wrong)...inferiority complex, perhaps? No? Well if you say so, I'll believe you, as I can't analyze someone I don't know, as you so brilliantly can!

This puzzle is fairly well known, and the solution is always the same, and not different just because you want it to be. (You got it wro-ong, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah!)

But hey, I love a good argument, so bring on the next piece...and if you could do it without the swearing and the name-calling, that would be GREAT! But if that's what you need to prove your case, fine...bring it on!

AND GET A LIFE!!!!!!

Talking

LOL! Goodun hinny

Thread Information