Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: very touchy subject

Default very touchy subject

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/5106612.stm
    This is just 1 type of paedophilia
    in your opinion
    do you think paedophiles should be classed according to the manor of there crimes
    or are they all as bad as each other?.
    .do youthink some people get a raw deal beacuse they have been classed as paedophiles?
    when they have just been stupid or mislead?
    in my opinion all paedophiles are sick one way or another but define a paedophile

Quote Originally Posted by silkcityuk2 View Post
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/5106612.stm
    This is just 1 type of paedophilia
    in your opinion
    do you think paedophiles should be classed according to the manor of there crimes
    or are they all as bad as each other?.
    .do youthink some people get a raw deal beacuse they have been classed as paedophiles?
    when they have just been stupid or mislead?
    in my opinion all paedophiles are sick one way or another but define a paedophile
    Castrate them all, regardless of where the manor is that they come from, any manner of paedophilia is wrong.
    Just been stupid or misled? tell that to the victims.
    Last edited by Anichka54; 18th July 2006 at 12:30 PM.

My auctions, good prices, fair p&p.

Laughing is good exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

View h1r3z's Feedback (+502)
    All-About h1r3z
    View h1r3z's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anichka54 View Post
    Castrate them all, regardless of where the manor is that they come from, any manner of paedophilia is wrong.
    I agree - if they knowingly do it as in the case of the above story, but there are many possibilities where it could be seen as it but actually isn't. What is the minimum age that defines the perpetrator as a paedophile? The dictionary defines paedophile as an adult who is sexually attracted to children, but in this modern age many young girls (and it is mainly girls who are victims let's be straight with that) looking much older, could a man who meets a girl of 15 who claims to be 17 just because she is attracted to him or wants sex with him, could he then, if found out be classed as a paedophile? he may not actually be sexually attracted to children as such, but men being attracted to younger women is common, and if the man doesn't know, is he a paedophile? Stupid for sure (for not making sure) but not neccessarily a kiddyfiddler.

so you would class them all in the same category then?
    do you not think thats a little unfair?
    is looking the same as touching?

Quote Originally Posted by h1r3z View Post
    I agree - if they knowingly do it as in the case of the above story, but there are many possibilities where it could be seen as it but actually isn't. What is the minimum age that defines the perpetrator as a paedophile? The dictionary defines paedophile as an adult who is sexually attracted to children, but in this modern age many young girls (and it is mainly girls who are victims let's be straight with that) looking much older, could a man who meets a girl of 15 who claims to be 17 just because she is attracted to him or wants sex with him, could he then, if found out be classed as a paedophile? he may not actually be sexually attracted to children as such, but men being attracted to younger women is common, and if the man doesn't know, is he a paedophile? Stupid for sure (for not making sure) but not neccessarily a kiddyfiddler.
    part of my point
    people lie, do you have to ask to see a birth certificate then?
    what about a 60 year old man sleepin with a 16 year old girl
    is this ok then?
    in the eyes of the law it is

Quote Originally Posted by h1r3z View Post
    I must admit, i didn't actually read the story, i just commented on what was written, i agree that so many girls do look older these days but if a man is attracted to young girls then he should know that & make sure she is legally old enough. If he disregards the possibility of her being underage then he runs the risk of being labelled in that way & should suffer the consequences.

so you would class them all in the same category then?
    do you not think thats a little unfair?
    is looking the same as touching?
    No, looking isn't the same as touching.
    If a man interferes with a minor, castrate him & lock him up, no question. Unfair? maybe, but is it fair that a young life has been irreperably damaged? Most of these sick barstools do it over & over, so many young lives are damaged.

I must admit, i didn't actually read the story, i just commented on what was written, i agree that so many girls do look older these days but if a man is attracted to young girls then he should know that & make sure she is legally old enough. If he disregards the possibility of her being underage then he runs the risk of being labelled in that way & should suffer the consequences.
    and how are men supposed to do that,ask for proof?
    the law is not as black and white, as you would expect it to be on such serious matters.
    which was my main point to start off with

No, looking isn't the same as touching.
    If a man interferes with a minor, castrate him & lock him up, no question. Unfair? maybe, but is it fair that a young life has been irreperably damaged? Most of these sick barstools do it over & over, so many young lives are damaged.
    but there are
    paedophiles locked up just for looking at sick pictures.
    should we castrate these people as well then?

View h1r3z's Feedback (+502)
    All-About h1r3z
    View h1r3z's Listings
    Forum Posts

.. do you have to ask to see a birth certificate then?
    This subject has been brought up briefly on another forum I frequent and it seems to me that it's a common way of thinking that the birth certificate idea isn't such a bad idea. Not me personally, but in general opinion. It has been suggested that we should all have a kind of sexual MOT - maybe a card that we can show potential partners that clearly states our age, sexual health & lack of STD's etc. The card would have to regularly updated of course which would be another strain on the already overworked & underpaid hospital staff.

As I said, I don't particularly agree with that, it seems a bit extreme and as I pointed out in another thread, I'm not keen on the 'cards for every occassion' way of thinking.

The bottom line is that there will always be something, some problem or another with almost every aspect of our lives, there will always be bad apples and I don't think there will ever be a cure for that.

If common sense was applied more liberally then the true offenders would stand out and have less room for excuses. If a man is attracted a woman/girl then rather than jumping into a car/bed whatever in the first 15 minutes (whatever happened to courting & such?) maybe they would have time to do a little discreet research. It's a shame that it has come to that, but it has so we have to deal with it.

Thread Information