Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Uproar on ebay

I don't know how many on here still also list on eBay, but whenever you make a sale over there enclose a leaflet telling them that eBid is a better alternative to eBay. We just have to make ure that the buyer experience is better to entice them away. The problem is they are always the first place people think off but it is good that eBid is now getting mentions ie Working Lunch yesterday. Getting the name in the public consciousness is what is required.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Ken,
    I agree in full... a quick plug for eBid on all outgoing auction related items is a good thing, I do it all the time.
    Regarding websites, the cost of these is miniscule in comparison to other forms of advertising. Yes, it will cost you a small fortune if you go via a design company but a DIY site with direct link to your eBid store AND affiliate link to eBid, so you can earn a few pence extra from click throughs (or a few buddy points extra) can actually be done for just over £10. If anyone's interested in a DIY course on how to do this, I'm happy to explain it as best I can round the Kitchen Table Then, you not only have a website, you also have extra advertising, you have a page to submit to the search engines, you can have a free link exchange section AND eBid gets front page advertising on each of these sites.
    Advertising wise, I have an advert running in a local post office on in-store television screen so anyone who visits the site advertised is confronted with an open invite to eBid and all the links of fellow storeholders already involved. Next stop, as I previously suggested, the eBid based printed newsletter.
    I do still visit the other side in search of things that I can't find here, there's no denying it, but a bargain will forever be a bargain if it's what you need, when you need it.
    How about a petition of complaint to the BEEB for unfair advertising? I'm off to write a letter to the newspapers about this... I don't pay a TV licence to listen to blatant advertising on the BBC, I pay it NOT to be confronted with advertising. Will let you all know if the letter makes it into print
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

As an aside to avertising on your own sites, I'm sure some people are members of other online communities, myspace, chats, i-village, whatnot.. If you can make sure you don't infringe their T&C (say, by putting eBid under your hobbies or sth), that's a quick way to get the name out there... And it doesn't take a html course to put a note in your profile.

As for the BBC's advertising the dark side, yesterday they were even interviewing people who admit to breaking the other sites terms of use.. all being quite open about it.. They say there's no such thing as bad publicity, but..?
    http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/main.c...rance-Skincare

After a long, long time, I'm baaaaaack!! My stuff: Look at it, it's fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mouse Trap View Post
    unfortunately most of the sellers here, and that includes me, do not have a website and either from lack of knowledge (me) and money(also me) are not likely to get one, so there certainly will not be 3663 websites to advertise on
    Hi Mouse Trap,
    it doesn't HAVE to cost you ANYTHING to have a basic webpage.
    You will almost certainly have free webspace that comes as part of your broadband/dialup package from your
    Internet Service Provider.

Lots of ISP's now also provide a online website builder,
    which isn't so very different, from building your eBid shop, posting on the forums, or listing an auction. Most also provide you the opportunity to promote your webpage within their community for free.

Even if your ISP doesn't provide an online website builder, you'll find plenty of free WYSIWYG editors online.
    I know Serif do a free download of their software WebPlus 6 at
    http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/
    you can also pick up a reasonable DTP package, as well as
    raster, vector & 3D graphics software for free at the same time

Your ISP will also have information &/or a tutorial telling you how to upload to your webspace.

Then maybe later you can consider things like a domain name etc.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Forum Lurker
    View MrsMuffy's Feedback (+199)
    All-About MrsMuffy
    View MrsMuffy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello Gothicina,
    I am with AOL and I will look in to this, Thanks for the information,
    Sylvia
    Do you need some wicks for your oil lamp or paraffin heater? then Why not visit my Ebid store http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Mouse-Trap

If you are not a member of Ebid,and wish to join please press this linkhttp://uk.ebid.net/buddy/265598

All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Where's the news in that?

Quote Originally Posted by AKLASSSHOP View Post
    Ebid is a very good auction website.

We could all advertise our sites for free by doing what you're doing. I did visit your site but could find no mention of eBid, nor any links back.

I thought plugging outside the plugging thread was banned along with promotion of off eBid sales
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Talking eBid advertising

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    I thought plugging outside the plugging thread was banned along with promotion of off eBid sales
    I thought it was banned too, unless the link related to eBid news or promotions. That's just blatant advertising and it isn't an eBid store, unless I'm mistaken.

On a cheerier and more newsworthy not, I was chatting to a group of people who were all regular users of [the other] and when I mentioned eBid (and all it had to offer), they were surprised, as none of them had even heard of it. They all have now!

Now here's a recommendation: (not!)

"DISCLAIMER: A-KLASS-SHOP is not responsible for bringing wholesale goods into the country of destination & is not responsible should goods not be authentic, since we are told by the suppliers, that goods are authentic. Should a case whereby, goods are thought not to be authentic, then our suppliers will take the blame, since goods are rarely shipped from U.K. Therefore, as a customer buying from A-KLASS-SHOP, you are abiding that A-KLASS-SHOP is not at fault or responsible should goods turn out not as expected. The supplier is responsible for authenticity of products & not A-KLASS-SHOP. Once, Wholesale products are in the possession of the customer, all responsibility regarding authenticity, is then passed on to the customer from the supplier & not A-KLASS-SHOP. Should, your customers complain to you, the responsibility then lies with you."

Where do I sign up?

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

That sounds very dodgy, Donkeyote. I've checked them out, they have been registered since September and not even listed any items. Hopefully they won't.

It may be a good idea to let Gazza & Mark know about that. Although as they aren't actually trying to sell on eBid at the moment, they may not be able to do anything.

Sounds like one of Feebay's Finest (wish he'd have stayed there)!
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Thread Information