Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Uproar on ebay

Maybe Ebay are starting to realise the power of Ebid!
    http://pages.ebay.co.uk/sell/importantinfo/

They're LOWERING some of their fees! Admittedly by peanuts for the majority of sales (items under £50) but it's still probably the first time they've ever reduced their fees.

I can't wait for the new look Ebid to come out and hopefully tens of thousands of people will come over here from Greedbay. If they're willing to go to Tazbar (which to me is pointless) then surely they'll be willing to come to Ebid!

View BLOXBOOKS's Feedback (+5010)
    All-About BLOXBOOKS
    View BLOXBOOKS's Listings
    Forum Posts

They have put up the fvf to 9%, so for sure the high postage charges you find over there will be getting a bit higher, I know from checking identical items that more is made from postage charges over there than the product.(on some items)
    Last edited by BLOXBOOKS; 29th January 2007 at 06:30 PM. Reason: forgot to put "on some items"
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BLOXBOOKS

Nr. Bradford, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View e_nviable's Feedback (+584)
    All-About e_nviable
    View e_nviable's Listings
    Forum Posts

but the reductions only apply to certain categories...... i.e. Technology :

We are excited to announce a reduction in Final Value Fees for items with a final selling price of £30 or higher. This Final Value Fee reduction will apply to the following categories: Mobile and Home Phones (excluding the Mobile Phones with Contracts sub-category), Computing, Consumer Electronics and Photography. The change applies to listings in the Buy It Now and Auction-style formats and does not apply to listings in the Shop Inventory Format.

and Books, Music, DVDs, Film & TV, Video Games ("Media") products :

We are lowering Insertion Fees (see table below for details) and simplifying Final Value Fees in the following categories:
    • Books, Comics & Magazines (excluding the Accessories sub-category),
    • DVDs, Film and TV (excluding the Accessories/Storage, Film Memorabilia and TV Memorabilia sub-categories)
    • The Games sub-category of Video Games (change does not apply to the other sub-categories of Video Games)
    • Music (excluding the Music Memorabilia and Accessories/ Storage sub-categories)
    Can't imagine it will make any difference to anyone but the Power Sellers........ AND it doesn't apply to items in the SHOP format

Nothing, not even FREE listings, will entice me back to being an ebay Seller .................. ever !

e

On Radio 1's news today.. ebay are clamping down on shill bidding.. maybe they're reducing the fees so people don't "have" to shill bid to make their daily 3 pence..?

That just looks like.. headline: fees going down!.. small print: so much you can't be arsed to read it and list thinking you're going to get a better deal.. then when you realise the intricate terms and conditions its too late and you pay anyway.

I doubt they're actually excited to reduce fees.
    http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/main.c...rance-Skincare

After a long, long time, I'm baaaaaack!! My stuff: Look at it, it's fantastic.

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Their fee reductions didn't cause much exitement here.

Am I correct in thinking that the categories they're reducing the fees on are the 'cheap tat' categories that they said they wanted to get rid off, er reduce (sorry rebalance)? Don't I remember some comment about 'endless identical CD's' or something? Wasn't it a magazine seller who was told that his stuff wasn't wanted?

Nr. Bradford, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View e_nviable's Feedback (+584)
    All-About e_nviable
    View e_nviable's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kedo View Post
    Their fee reductions didn't cause much exitement here.

Am I correct in thinking that the categories they're reducing the fees on are the 'cheap tat' categories that they said they wanted to get rid off, er reduce (sorry rebalance)? Don't I remember some comment about 'endless identical CD's' or something? Wasn't it a magazine seller who was told that his stuff wasn't wanted?
    On the contrary kedo...... the fees are only reduced on items with a final selling price of OVER £30. Those sellers with items below this price don't get any benefit whatsoever

I expect that it will have the desired effect though as the lower price Sellers are 'priced out' of the marketplace

e

Yes, I agree with all of you. I think they're giving the impression they are lowering their fees, but what is their reason for doing it? My guess is that more and more people are getting fed up of Greedbay and its endless pyramid schemes, drop shipping cobblers, huge fees, inflated postage costs, Chinese sellers, etc.etc.
    I can't wait for the new look Ebid - I hope it takes over from Greedbay and then we'll all finally have an auction site that everybody uses and everybody likes. (Instead of an auction site that everybody uses but everybody hates - Greedbay...)

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

e_nviable, I was thinking about the insertion fees on the media categories. Its a habit. I was a powerseller on Ebay until the 'status' lapsed a couple of months back and a confirmed shop seller. I tend to see the insertion fees first.

It sounds like the technology sections are not doing so well. I have to say I don't think I'd buy anything from the categories affected. I've bought several electronic items in the recent past, TV, camera etc. I used Amazon, Dixons and various other websites but Ebay, I wouldn't even consider looking there.

It's not all sweetness and light the reserve fee no longer gets refunded, and as said it's only certain categories, if DVD's get preferential treatment for 4.99 why not ACEO's or anything else at the same price. I see the UK is has been shipped of to Luxembourg so they can keep an extra 2.5% of our fees as well. I wonder what other legal loophole opportunities that opens up for them.

No still not going back there!!
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

I agree with you Ken, I hadn't noticed the 'tax fiddle' part of it either. I think there's clearly something wrong with somebody who makes millions of pounds a year but still goes to ludicrous lengths to get a few extra percent of profit, are these people never satisfied? Clearly they don't have their customers' best interests at heart, and it's so obvious!
    At least on Ebid we know Mark and Gazza aren't some faceless business who are just trying to screw us all over, Ebid is their baby and they just want to make it a success, and to have happy customers. (That concept seems to be foreign to Ebay...)

Thread Information