Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Uproar on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by alm1995 View Post
    But the whole idea would be for them to buy out the competition so they don't operate at all
    They did with freeserve and yahoo auctions around 4 years ago. I remember getting an e-mail (I was a member at the time of both auction sites) saying that the site was closing down and existing customers need to register with ebay. Ebay don't really need to buy a another site to use as they already have one which bring in ££££s, but they would buy it just to close down and remove the competitors.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    They did quite a good exposure a while ago of how some of the big sellers get their negs removed by retaliating and then getting ebay to cancel the matched ones.
    So how did the sellers do this? Did they swear at the buyers comments, I though ebay only remove the response/reply and not the feedback from both parties.

What's this about ebay sellers not being able to leave negs for bad buyers? Have I read that right? I suppose I wouldn't know -- I don't read the ebay forums and ebay would hardly splash it in my face when listing.

I did not know this untill recently on here as well. You don't want to read the ebay forums, the members are very vicious and sit behind a newbie ID unlike ebid members. I have noticed that ebay post a customer comments thread asking for members opinions on ebay's "fantastic idea's" and yet they just implement their changes regardless, so why don't ebay just make the changes from the start surely it would be easier for them. It just makes them look as if they actually listen to their sellers,--NOT

It was on the quick newsflash thing on bbc1 between eastenders ending and holby city starting!
    maybe there will be more on the news later.

Forum Newbie
    View herbalbaybee's Feedback (+19)
    All-About herbalbaybee
    View herbalbaybee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cool

I have just started to gradually move over from Ebay to Ebid. My ebay username is Herbalbaybee.Please feel free to check out my 100%feedback there.

Quote Originally Posted by junaruby View Post
    I have just started to gradually move over from Ebay to Ebid. My ebay username is Herbalbaybee.Please feel free to check out my 100%feedback there.
    Hi Junaruby, welcome to eBid. You'll find it quite a friendly place here and I think you're wise to make your migration gradual, eBid isn't an eBay clone and it take a while to appreciate its differences. But stick with it!
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Wink ebay uproar

I am starting an ebid account for just that reason. ebay is all about how much $ they can make, and not what a great site it used to be. They are lowering the listing fee by 5 cents but the final value fee is going from 5.75% to 8.75%, and the feedback is making everybody nervous. I am letting all my customers know that I am switching to ebid, hope to see more listings and more sellers soon!!!!
    thanks,
    Lorievan

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello Lorievan & welcome to ebid

Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

Thumbs up Newbie from ebay

Just signed up on ebid. I buy and sell and I take it by spells I also use the same name on ebay as I signed up with here so that people can easily check my feedback. It will be awhile before I sit down and figure out how to list here but next time I need to buy something, this is where I'll look first. Everyone seems very helpful here.

Hello headhunt1, welcome to eBid. Yes, there are lots of friendly and knowledgeable people here on the forums, happy to answer questions or just to chat so do drop in again.

You have the right idea headhunt1 always look to buy anywhere but eBay, I give them no support at all now, buying or selling.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Thread Information