My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: 7 days from first bid

Default 7 days from first bid

I'm about to start listing lots of stuff, my first thought was goody, I can list it for the seven days to start after the first bid, lots of time for it to get noticed. Then I remembered the eBay mentality, don't bid until the closing minutes, an attitude ensuring that listing timed to run from the first bid will rarely if ever get a bid!

I know, I need to try both to find out but any thoughts? Is my reasoning flawed or sound?

I think your reasoning is sound enough. Personally, I opted for 3 days from 1st bid.

HOWEVER! BE WARNED!

I had more than 60 listings in 'on first bid' format, and it's a real pain. If the item doesn't sell, it is ended after 180 days. BUT... listings which end this way DO NOT currently move to your 'Auctions I listed -> Unsuccessful' section in My eBay - they just disappear!

This means that you can't easily re-list them in bulk - you'll have to do each one manually. When I tried to re-list by following the link in the end-of-auction e-mail, the system told me that I was not involved in the transaction - and so I can't re-list at all. I would have to manually re-create each of the 60+ listings.

I've reported this to the Powers That Be, and they are looking into it. In the meantime, I would recommend listing as 10-day auctions with immediate start, and setting the auto-relist option to 10. At least that way, when they end, they'll go to your 'Auctions I listed -> Unsuccessful' area, and you can re-list easily.

Cumbernauld, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View nysablaze's Feedback (+48)
    All-About nysablaze
    View nysablaze's Listings
    Forum Posts

I was originally going to run my listings from 1st bid then realised that in the larger categories it would mean that my item never reached the 1st page of listings as the from 1st bid items are shown after the immediate start ones.
    Now I have immediate start with 10 auto relists that way there is , I think, abetter chance of them being seen.
    Check out my auctions at:

for excellent gifts,
    and
    Nysa's Notions Jewellery
    for gemstone, sterling silver, pewter and glass jewellery

or my alter ego, phoenysa,
    Phoenysa's Stitchy Bits - for cross stitch magazines, kits and bits
    Phoenysa's Books & Bits - for pre-owned books for adults and children

Ah, excellent, I'd forgotten auto-relist, that seems to be the way.

Thanks.

View h1r3z's Feedback (+502)
    All-About h1r3z
    View h1r3z's Listings
    Forum Posts

Also first bid auctions don't get so much front page coverage. Shown briefly in 'New Auctions' and on the right - over there >>>======)> 'Closing Auctions'

Thread Information