Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: "madhatter's Recipes Of The Day"

View madhatter1's Feedback (+30)
    All-About madhatter1
    View madhatter1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emma5721 View Post
    lol you asked so i shall answer

i dont know which is worse- reading the long recipe to do all that stuff or actually going out to buy the ingredients/make it/cook it

both are a bit of a pain in the arse to moi

but thats ONLY BECAUSE i hate cooking and even more so hate cooking for ages and with lots of ingredients to make something that you will stuff down yer gob in 10 mins after 2 hours preparation.cooking

having said that that is MY PERSONAL OPINION and im sure theres lots of people on here who love cooking/recipes and do read the thread but dont post

personally i just dont see the point
    What in cooking or posting?

Sounds like you've got into a bit of a rut with the cooking thing.Now me I learnt to cook when I left home as a young lad and loved food ( the eating of it that is) but the on;y way I could afford it was by doing it my self ,and surviving until I got the hang of it.
    I actually Make cooking a social event between myself and my partner (she's a chef )we discuss the recipe over a glass of wine ,fight over who is going to cook it and the right way to do it --she beats me up so I do it her way (well pretend to) so on and so forth- more wine -good scrap-make up-bed ---i get beat up again (god I hate foreplay)

Pete Don't worry I've been insulted by some of the best in the world

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Madhatters-Kitchen

If it looks great wear it!
    If it don't "Laugh Out Loud"

View melboy's Feedback (+257)
    All-About melboy
    View melboy's Listings
    Forum Posts

......imo home cooking is great...AS LONG as you can cook somethin nice with as few ingredients as possible, to cook some of these recipes with stuff I've never even heard of would mean us both giving up work...and also when you've used a bit of the weird stuff the rest goes in the cupboard until its 2 yrs out of date and then gets binned!!

....mirin?....fish flakes?...pak choi?......come on!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter1 View Post
    What in cooking or posting?
    in cooking of course, not posting! but as I said this is just me and my personal preferences

with cooking i think most people are in one or the other camp - love it or just can't be bothered lol
    personally i love home cooked food - eat out of a microwave or take away for more than 2/3 days and i just don't feel well

i just like one pot/dish simple cooking - where you can just bung everything in - stick it in the oven/hob for a couple hours and bobs your uncle lol - sounds a bit crude but i can make some wonderful meals like this

cant be bothered with ingredients i have never heard of or where i have to specially travel to go get, lengthy recipies, using 200 pots and pans to make up all the different parts of a meal - as for separate sauces forget it!!! olive oil, seasoning/herbs, tomato puree, bit of lemon does the job for me well enough

as i said, this is just me and i do admire the tv cooks and people who enjoy their gastronomic delights and create wonderful stuff - it is like a hobby/art form i guess - but for me - sorry - only like to be in the kitchen for the minimum amount of time possible - im too impatient

my mum gave me recipe for moussaka the other week - i was sitting there trying not to yawn or drum my fingers on the table - yes its lovely, its tasty, but why should i spend all that time and effort to make it when its gonna be gobbled down in 5 minutes its just never gonna happen mum me making it - unless its for a SPECIAL occasion/party whatever

All-About madhatter1
    Forum Posts

Default mmmmmm PETE

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter1 View Post
    Crisp Slow Cooked Pork Belly with Chilli, Soy and Mirin

Serves 4 [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1.STA/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg[/IMG]

Ingredients:
    Cooking liquor
    1 lean pork belly (skinned, Boned, and excess fat removed)
    250ml soya sauce
    250ml Mirin
    250ml fish sauce
    100g sugar
    50g ginger
    2 tbsp dried oriental fish flakes
    1 chilli roughly chopped
    1.5 litre water
    2 small pak choi (root removed and blanched in water)
    4 med sized carrots (peeled, cut on the angle and cooked in salted water)
    150g mixed oriental mushrooms

Method:
    1. Cut the pork into 6" square pieces. Seal in a hot pan, once coloured on both sides, place into a large oven proof pan. Pour over all the remaining cooking liquor ingredients, cover with a lid, place into the oven for 4-5 hours at 140C until tender but not falling apart.

2. Remove the pork from the pan, pass the cooking liquor through a fine sieve, place back onto the heat, skim of the excess fat, reduce by third.

3. Put the pork skin side down into a hot pan to crisp the skin, place in a large bowl on top of the pak choi, the carrots and sautéed enoki mushrooms around. Finish by pouring the cooking liquor over the top, garnish with some deep fried spring greens.
    picture is not actual item but looks the same

All-About madhatter1
    Forum Posts

Amazing Pork Tenderloin in the Slow Cooker

"This will melt in your mouth! This pork tenderloin soaks up the yummy juices as it cooks. Make sure to serve up the au jus on the side - its amazing! This recipe is so simple, you will love it!"
    Original recipe yield: 6 servings.

Prep Time:
    15 Minutes
    Cook Time:
    4 Hours
    Ready In:
    4 Hours 15 Minutes
    Servings:
    6 (change)

INGREDIENTS:

* 1 (2 pound) pork tenderloin
    * 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
    * 1 cup water
    * 3/4 cup red wine
    * 3 tablespoons minced garlic
    * 3 tablespoons soy sauce
    * freshly ground black pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS:

1. Place pork tenderloin in a slow cooker with the contents of the soup packet. Pour water, wine, and soy sauce over the top, turning the pork to coat. Carefully spread garlic over the pork, leaving as much on top of the roast during cooking as possible. Sprinkle with pepper, cover, and cook on low setting for 4 hours. Serve with cooking liquid on the side as au jus.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Talking

my mum gave me recipe for moussaka the other week - i was sitting there trying not to yawn or drum my fingers on the table - yes its lovely, its tasty, but why should i spend all that time and effort to make it when its gonna be gobbled down in 5 minutes its just never gonna happen mum me making it - unless its for a SPECIAL occasion/party whatever[/quote]

Ooooh I love home cooked...... never ever buy micro..... unless me and hubby are eating somethin the kidz hate....then they ave to put up with a micro meal...lol SUNDAY ROAST is me fave and then as many casseroles, hotpots, curries etc during the week the slow cooker can handle!

All-About madhatter1
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TottyzKlozzit View Post
    my mum gave me recipe for moussaka the other week - i was sitting there trying not to yawn or drum my fingers on the table - yes its lovely, its tasty, but why should i spend all that time and effort to make it when its gonna be gobbled down in 5 minutes its just never gonna happen mum me making it - unless its for a SPECIAL occasion/party whatever

Ooooh I love home cooked...... never ever buy micro..... unless me and hubby are eating somethin the kidz hate....then they ave to put up with a micro meal...lol SUNDAY ROAST is me fave and then as many casseroles, hotpots, curries etc during the week the slow cooker can handle![/quote]

ESPECIALLY FOR YOU (mmmmm we know a song about that!!)

cum on then hun sing us a song............lol

LOL at amazing pork tenderloin in the slow cooker

!!!!

what is that? opposed to the boring tough tenderloin in the microwave?

i love some of the recipe names - they are funny!

All-About madhatter1
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emma5721 View Post
    LOL at amazing pork tenderloin in the slow cooker

!!!!

what is that? opposed to the boring tough tenderloin in the microwave?

i love some of the recipe names - they are funny!

Philistine!!

Thread Information