Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Editing store listings

Default Editing store listings

If I edit a store listing, that listing disappears from my store. There is no edit facility to put it back into the store again. As I don't have a store icon next to my user name for potential buyers to click on to see all my store items, I started to edit my listings to include a link to my store at the bottom of the listing, and then these items disappeared from the store!

Surely this isn't right?

I have emailed support several times about my lack of store icon and I still don't know why I haven't got one. They keep asking me for item numbers and then telling me that those items aren't in the store. But they are! I can see items in the store so how can they not be in the store? I have been very careful with new listings to make sure that I add a store category. All I want is for people to be able to see all the items in my store more easily and then I might sell a few!

I'm just at my wits end with this.

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

I can see 32 items in your store. How many should there be in it?

Hiya Kate
    I can see 30 listed in your shop. I have just looked at the editing feature I have and I can edit shop Catergory- is it possible you didn't start them as Shop items so thats not now available to you? Just thinking aloud here..
    One way around it would be to re list them from scratch making sure you set the shop cat (You can copy paste so shouldnt take too long) then delete the ones that dont appear in your shop. Got to agree though you need your shop icon to appear so lets hope thats soon fixed for you
    xxx chris xx
    "The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart" - Helen Keller
    My Store

Forum Lurker
    View MrsMuffy's Feedback (+199)
    All-About MrsMuffy
    View MrsMuffy's Listings
    Forum Posts

when you go to eBid Store Category on the listing page there is the name of your store or it says choose store to configure at the side of this, to the right, there is a dropdown box which says do not show in my store, have you got this selected, if so it would show on your listings but not in your store, .
    Do you need some wicks for your oil lamp or paraffin heater? then Why not visit my Ebid store http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Mouse-Trap

If you are not a member of Ebid,and wish to join please press this linkhttp://uk.ebid.net/buddy/265598

I just had a look and some of them are not listed in your store, if you look at the very top of the auction page you didnt list them in the store as if you had it wouls say so. When you were setting up your store did you put the store in a catagory and sub catagory, don't know if it helps but thought i would just ask you.

I just checked and even in the shop search it is showing you as being there in the shops and the logo is missing there as well.
    Bit stange if you ask me.

I have store categories and sub categories set up. When I list the items I select a store category, but if I edit the items after listing them there is no facility to change the store category and in fact no indication that they are in the store. Once I have edited an item it is taken out of the store. I have tried starting new listings from scratch and it makes no difference

So if I need to edit a listing I may as well end it and start again or it will not show up in my store any more

I rather suspect it's a glitch and the same reason that I have no store icon - I think that there must be some technical problem with my store, it's only half there!

Support have said that the tech department are looking at the problem of the store icon, maybe the other problem will go away if they fix that.

#6 sorry I misread your question, yes I have my store set up with a category and sub category, I thought you had to do that? It's also set to "online" and I keep checking to see if there is anything else I should have done but I can't find anything.

I've been having to edit listings because I found out that "duplicate" listings are removed, I wondered why items kept vanishing as if they never existed, I thought I was going mad! The thing is though they were not duplicate listings they just had very similar titles. For example I have 3 types of hematite heart earrings - a single 6mm heart, a double 6mm heart and a single 12mm heart, I didn't realise that if I listed them all as "hematite heart drop earrings" some would keep vanishing!

So now I've edited the listings some have disappeared from the shop again *sigh*

I know I can cancel and re-list but I like to spread out the ending times/days so that there is always something near the top of the list when people search, so I don't want to do it all in one go.

Thanks for the suggestions anyway. I'm just tearing my hair out here!

Well there is definatly something wrong with it. Have you tried taking it off line and then putting it back on line, or would that knock all your stuff out of it.. maybe it will get fixed in the upgrade. don't open another one if you are just a gold member as you will be charged for it even if you shut the first one. I understand that this will be getting to you as it would me as well.

Thread Information