Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ooooh, I am Soooo Guilty.......

Default Ooooh, I am Soooo Guilty.......

Oooh 'eck! I've done this myself on occasion! Better stop being lazy, or else I'm done for!!

Man fined over cigarette ash

A driver has been handed a £75 fine for flicking his cigarette ash out of his car window.
    Alan Joyce, from Poole, Dorset, was sent a fixed penalty notice telling him to pay the fine within 14 days or face court action.
    He was told that a council officer had reason to believe he was "dripping his cigarette" while driving his car.
    Mr Joyce, 68, who plans to pay the fine but lodge a complaint, said: "To me that is not worth being branded a litter bug. I am really annoyed. I can't remember doing it so I can't deny it. But it is annoying when you see other things like the chewing gum on the streets and the litter left in my garden."
    According to the Mirror Poole councillor Don Collier said: "Poole operates a vigilant fixed penalty notice scheme to discover people who are littering our town. The people of Poole won't tolerate littering."

Naughty naughty chiquita, you litter bug you,lol!

Oh for crying out loud. Cigarette butts I can understand, but ash?? It disintergrates to nothing and washes away!

well thats it then!!!
    1st i have had to teach myself to use the car ashtray!!!
    now i have to teach myself to shut the window!!!

imagine using the ashtray for butts and ash but the wind catches it and it flies out!!!!

i am all for this litter thing all the councils are doing at the moment, but where will it stop???

He should have made a plea of not guilty, and asked them to produce the evidence that he did flick ash out of the car window.
    Someone got fined in Windsor for throwing a sandwich crust down. Apparently it encourages vermin. It seems taking your children to feed the ducks could be a criminal offence at that rate.

we have had lots of cases in the local paper lately

girl finishes lolly and places it on the wall next to her.......fined
    father chatting and toddler drops wrapper on floor ..........fined
    parents in park feeding pigeons with kids..............fined

if it is blatent then thats fair enough, but on some occasions as in the ones above, why cannot they be given an opportunity to pick up the litter?

I don't like litter, and that includes cigarette butts, but that is just ridiculous.

I saw a large pack of paper rubbish thrown from a Rolls Royce that was following me some years ago. I slowed down and then braked so he couldn't get round me and went and remonstrated with them, the couple sitting in the back, Gin & Tonics in hand looked absolutely startled.

As I walked back to my car the guy behind the Rolls was absolutely killing himself with laughter.

They should have known better and set an example for the peasants
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmist View Post
    Apparently it encourages vermin.
    So does voting them back into Council office.

Thread Information