My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Dutch auction postage

Default Dutch auction postage

I have set up an auction with for example ten identical items for sale, I have set the domestic postage for one item, if someone buys mutiples it only bills them for one, can I set up additional postage costs, happy to combine postage, to reduce the buyers final bill, but I will lose out if someone buys all ten!!

Quote Originally Posted by wiccasworld View Post
    I have set up an auction with for example ten identical items for sale, I have set the domestic postage for one item, if someone buys mutiples it only bills them for one, can I set up additional postage costs, happy to combine postage, to reduce the buyers final bill, but I will lose out if someone buys all ten!!
    Hi, Welcome, if you've set it as a Dutch auction, the p&p quoted will be for each item, if someone buys more than 1, just email them when the auction ends & tell them what the combined p&p charge will be.

My auctions, good prices, fair p&p.

Laughing is good exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

It would be nice to have the option to set a lower postage price for each additional item purchased in the dutch auction, as it usually is cheaper to send multiple items.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View bjt1964's Feedback (+274)
    All-About bjt1964
    View bjt1964's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rivalcomputers View Post
    It would be nice to have the option to set a lower postage price for each additional item purchased in the dutch auction, as it usually is cheaper to send multiple items.
    You could always state in the auction i.e. 1=x amount, and for each additional item it will be x amount
    do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?

Brian

Yes Brian, thats what most of us have been doing. Yet I still get a few people asking what postage is going to be.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View bjt1964's Feedback (+274)
    All-About bjt1964
    View bjt1964's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes Brian, thats what most of us have been doing. Yet I still get a few people asking what postage is going to be.
    Yeah i kinda stated the obvious

I find that as well that people will look at the price on the auction, the postage and thats about it lol.
    do not despise the snake for having no horns, for who is to say it will not become a dragon?

Brian

LOL! I know exactly what you mean. I sometimes wonder if people actually read the auctions or just look at the pictures.
    PLJ

Store open again
    For Portraits in Pastels, Watercolour and Graphite Pencil.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Sweet-Smel...cess-Art-Store
    For beautiful hand made Greeting Cards
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Little-Card-Shop
    For Collectors Dolls
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Little-Doll-Shop
    Quality Secondhand Books
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Little-Book-Shop
    Fine Jewellery and Costume Jewellery
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Little-Jewellery-Shop

Wink

I know exactly what you mean! I get some muppets on feebay, that buy my items. The adverts state, for example buy 2, get 1 free - so they buy 1 and then e-mail me to say they haven't received their free item !?! Duh...its not rocket science.

The other one, is they look at a picture on the advert which shows a studio shot of say, 3 tubes of paint and the actual advert states 'individual' tube of 75ml Acrylic paint, which to you and me means 1 tube. Then, they e-mail with 3 colours after having purchased 1 paint!

I don't find many things surprising now after being with e-bay for 2 years! Hopefully ebidders, being much more laid back, will read the adverts properly.....I have no doubt this will be the case for the majority.

Thread Information