My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Okay RED HEAD here

I once decided to go blonde... only I ended up looking like Linda from Gimme Gimme Gimme... *blush*

I wore a big beanie hat till I could sort it... it the scorching summer...

Soapy xxx

Quote Originally Posted by mimms0 View Post
    Laff

Just coloured my hair deep red, can.t really notice it unless in the light.

Used L'Oreal, my hair always feels softer after i coulour it

Only I went a bit wrong

It come with a protective serum that you apply to your hair before you colour, only i picked up the wrong bottle and instead of applying the serum on to my head I put colourant straight onto my hair.

did'nt realise till i rubbed it all in so i quickly got the developer bottle and rubbed that into my hair, so it developed on my hair instead of the bottle

Turned out okay in the end

Unless there is anyone out there that knows of any consequences of these actions .

My sister and me are always arguing she don't colour her hair, says she wants to grow old gracefully, Yeah right I'm gonna enter old age kicking and screaming

Has any of you any stories to tell

Okay off to watch the hunky guy on the tv.. ANGEL

Im an ex hair dresser, and i say dont worry! it will be fine, the developer in home kits is just a nicer word for peroxide, so if your red im guessing it would only be around 6% which is very weak.

The peroxide when mixed with the colour will only develop when it hits the air and begins to oxidise (not in the bottle) so all you did was mix the two together on your head instead of in the bottle, the end result will be the same but the bottle provides a tidier way of mixing the colour lol

hmmmmmm bet you got either red tips of your ears or a red neck because of you faux pas? lol
    you can NEVER have too many pairs of shoes...

₪ ø lll ·o.

Happiness Is Like Strawberry Jam, You Can't Spread Even A Little Bit Of It, Without Getting Some On Yourself!

Forum Newbie
    Todmorden, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View farmgirls's Feedback (+3)
    All-About farmgirls
    View farmgirls's Listings
    Forum Posts

Angry Re: Redheads

I was born with jet black hair which skipped a generation from my grandparent. In the 80s I discovered Sun-In and it's never been the same since...

My Profile picture shows me with Mars refracting kindly in my hair....

I once read Tomato Ketchup can neutralise over-bleached hair. But I also once read mayonnaise makes a good conditioner ; it neglected to mention the microcosm that will colonise your scalp if not rinsed properly.

POLL: Are redheads in the genes, or can they skip a generation? (Baby on the way, my parents were both redheads) !
    Last edited by farmgirls; 15th October 2006 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by farmgirls View Post
    I was born with jet black hair which skipped a generation from my grandparent. In the 80s I discovered Sun-In and it's never been the same since...

My Profile picture shows me with Mars refracting kindly in my hair....

I once read Tomato Ketchup can neutralise over-bleached hair. But I also once read mayonnaise makes a good conditioner ; it neglected to mention the microcosm that will colonise your scalp if not rinsed properly.

POLL: Are redheads in the genes, or can they skip a generation? (Baby on the way, my parents were both redheads) !

Sun in works by adding microscopic metal flakes to the hair, that atract the sun and therefore speed up the lightening process, the flakes however do not wash out and remain in the hair until they have grown / been cut out which can take ages depending on the length of your hair.

So everytime you go ou in the sun the hair gets lighter and lighter....until you have got hair like cotton wool basicall its the same as leaving a bleach solution on your hair for too long - only its a longer process and can take years .

The ketchup myth:

The only use ketchup has on bleached hair is, if you have spent alot of time in a swimming pool the chlorine can cause bleached hair to turn a greenish colour, a quick fix to this problem is to put some ketchup on and the red neutralises the green (opposits on the colour wheel)

cleaver eh??

and they say hair dressers are thick...........pah if they were, would they be allowed to play with dangerous chemicals?

one last thing mayonaise should only be in contact with the head area when you are stuffing it into your mouth on a sandwich

₪ ø lll ·o.

Happiness Is Like Strawberry Jam, You Can't Spread Even A Little Bit Of It, Without Getting Some On Yourself!

red is a very dominant gene......can reappear strongly even as far back as 5+ generations!

₪ ø lll ·o.

My 3 boys are red-headed, but it has to come from both sides!! My grandmother was ginger when she was born, and my ex's brother is strawberry-blonde, so it was kinda inevitable that at least one would be red.

They are sooo cute!!

Soapy xxx

I was born a red head.... I am now naturally chestnut brown. My son is a red head and a firey one at that. My Dad is a red/auburn..............my gran was a dark auburn..... Red is a gorgeous hair colour and I go through phases of dying my hair back to the deep copper I was born with!

My son was born with dark copper hair which has gone pale blond with streaks of copper through it....strawberry blonde some say) Of my three kids I have a blonde a dark red/brown and a strawberry blonde!

Long live the firey and sexy red-head I say!

Quote Originally Posted by mimms0 View Post
    Laff

Just coloured my hair deep red, can.t really notice it unless in the light.

Used L'Oreal, my hair always feels softer after i coulour it

Only I went a bit wrong

It come with a protective serum that you apply to your hair before you colour, only i picked up the wrong bottle and instead of applying the serum on to my head I put colourant straight onto my hair.

did'nt realise till i rubbed it all in so i quickly got the developer bottle and rubbed that into my hair, so it developed on my hair instead of the bottle

Turned out okay in the end

Unless there is anyone out there that knows of any consequences of these actions

My sister and me are always arguing she don't colour her hair, says she wants to grow old gracefully, Yeah right I'm gonna enter old age kicking and screaming

Has any of you any stories to tell

Okay off to watch the hunky guy on the tv.. ANGEL
    so really you had a dumb blonde moment

Another hairdressing tip...if you run out of conditioner, you can use flat lemonade as a final rinse on your hair. Your hair is acid-based, and vinegar, lemon juice or lemonade can give it a nice sheen! (But I'd stick to the latter 2, as you don't want to walk around smelling like a fish and chip shop!)
    Come and try your luck in our gaming forums:
    http://www.arh-auction.co.uk/forums/

Thread Information