eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ebid promotion ad 2 - YouTube

Nr. Bradford, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View e_nviable's Feedback (+584)
    All-About e_nviable
    View e_nviable's Listings
    Forum Posts

Of course (some) eBid Sellers have the commitment, that's why we're still here 3 or 4 years down the line without tv advertising ......... but with lots of patience

e

Quote Originally Posted by e_nviable View Post
    Of course (some) eBid Sellers have the commitment, that's why we're still here 3 or 4 years down the line without tv advertising ......... but with lots of patience

e
    And not being enticed to other new sites either, although i do admit some of us including me are still listing were we came from and thats not being unfair to ebid.

Barnsley, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View DaisyChain's Feedback (+76)
    All-About DaisyChain
    View DaisyChain's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch05 View Post
    Rabzat have had to speed up things since the ad as the traffic has increased by a huge amount - those who were there from the start are seeing the results of their faith that things would go well. The whole Rabzat team, and that includes us sellers are 100% behind all the promotions - we are sending out flyers advertising the site and there are teeshirts, pens and keyrings being planned right now. We are all working together to make this work - that is going to make a huge difference to whether or not Rabzat succeeds. Have ebid sellers got as big a commitment because that is what is needed.
    Whilst i dont doubt the adverts have had some impact, i still do not know one person who has heard of offline and know no one who has seen any of the adverts including myself..

Many ebid sellers im sure have more commitnment than the whole community of , which is why they are still here plugging away
    Last edited by Mark; 17th November 2006 at 04:42 PM.
    Click here to see my items for Sale!
    Amiga, Mega Drive, Playstation Games and More!

I like your AD. I put a link to it in two of my shops. Every little bit helps.
    Gary's Odd Stuff II
    Your Neighborhood Store
    Fan Page Management

It's Not Over Until You Quit..SO DON'T

I agree patience is needed but 3-4 years seems a lot of patience to me. I only found out about this place when looking for an alternative to Greedbay. So if the public profile for ebid is not there what are they going to do about it is the first question. Secondly, if the public don't know, then we are limited to what other sellers on here are going to buy from each other, is that going to make this place worthwhile?

I came over and didn't expect to sell for a while, but then i wasn't aware that ebid had been around for so long. With the volume of items, certainly over the various ebid locations, it would seem there is enough critical mass, but need something done to get it in the public consciouness.

has made its move to get into the public arena, and seems to have far more momentum despite its current smaller size. Those saying "I'm not moving from eBid" may be a head in the sand response, if nothing similar is done to promote this place and it remains as it is, unknown apart from ourselves. Has this been the reason that people have drifted back to eBay in the past, if so its about time lessons were learnt.
    Last edited by Mark; 17th November 2006 at 04:41 PM.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

The whole xxx team, and that includes us sellers are 100% behind all the promotions - we are sending out flyers advertising the site and there are teeshirts, pens and keyrings being planned right now. We are all working together to make this work - that is going to make a huge difference to whether or not xxxx succeeds. Have ebid sellers got as big a commitment because that is what is needed.
    Some of those same sellers were saying the same thing about eBid a month or so ago!
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Smile

True, so true! The ones putting eBid down are the ones having all these fantastic ideas, then fizzling out when their expectations weren't reached and they've only been here a couple of months, they wanna try years

There are some of us here who have been plodding on regardless and people continue to join, sell & buy and THAT's the key is to BUY off each other.

That's what makes a community

The same will happen to Thingybar, you'll see. When the initial excitement has died down and their sales are like a ghost town with tumbleweeds blowing about!

January/February will be the shock months as hardly anyone sells in the quite months.

Thingybar is but a baby while eBid are heading for the teenage years
    Last edited by jarremachine; 17th November 2006 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Shh! Ya not allowed to say Tazbar on 'ere like :o)

There are some of us here who have been plodding on regardless and people continue to join, sell & buy and THAT's the key is to BUY off each other.
    I noticed at least some of their feedback/sales over there are from people they COULD have traded with from here.

Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

A lot of what you say may be true, but there seems a heck of a lot more committment from the guys at the top over there. In view of the discussions on various threads about this Mark & Gazza have been very quiet. Not so much as any reassuring words, so why does that make me nervous.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    A lot of what you say may be true, but there seems a heck of a lot more committment from the guys at the top over there. In view of the discussions on various threads about this Mark & Gazza have been very quiet. Not so much as any reassuring words, so why does that make me nervous.
    I think they are busy with the upgrade and improvements to the site at the moment Ken.

Thread Information