eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Another serial killer on the loose!

All-About pheasantplukka
    View pheasantplukka's Listings
    Forum Posts

elaine are you still here?

In body if not in mind - yeah lol

You ok ?

All-About pheasantplukka
    View pheasantplukka's Listings
    Forum Posts

yea hun, lol dont ask like that pmsl ....anyway, i'm on the lappy downstairs and havnt set up email yet so could you put pm on please for a second i just need someones addy from you xxx

View mobymatt's Feedback (+1580)
    All-About mobymatt
    View mobymatt's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't think we have very different opinions. I agree with this:

Quote Originally Posted by fairywishes View Post
    I believe women / men that are prostitutes should be given 100% HELP & ASSISTANCE in getting off drugs, into alternate work and better lives for themselves and their families.
    And I also agree with this:

Quote Originally Posted by fairywishes View Post
    Prostitution should be STOPPED but it wont ever be.
    I think the fact we both recognise prostitution will always be around is an argument in favour for legalising it?

Unhappy

Ok hypnotoad , i see what you mean.

If you dont mind, ... i'll leave it there as i feel rather GUILTY to say the least in my maybe HARSH opinions. Its not really the time - i should be thinking of those poor families ... not debating the rights and wrongs of the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by arh-products View Post
    What is it with men? We have yet another woman-killing psycho on the loose, this time in Ipswitch, causing fear for all women and girls in that area.

We all know those murdered women work in a very dangerous profession, a lot of whom are doing it so they can finance their drug use, but it's not upto one man to judge them worthy of death!

Women come in for a tough time when it comes to murderers...how many men do you know who are afraid to go for a drink and walk home afterwards, or go and chat up strange women in bars etc.

It's us women who have to be cautious..for ever looking over our shoulders, not daring to answer the door, not daring to walk anywhere after dark etc. If WE get chatted up in a pub, we always wonder...is he a rapist/killer/psycho etc.?

That said, there's ways we can help by not putting ourselves in potentially dangerous situations, or not 'flashing everything we've got' when we go out! I've seen girls as young as 9 or 10 dressed very provocatively, out walking the streets after dark. If you happen to catch the attention of some pervert because of the way you dress or act, then you have to take at least part of the responsibility for what happens. No-one forces them to do the things they do, but don't give them any more ammunition!

Skimpy clothing may be the 'fashion', but think twice before you venture outside. Ask yourself: 'What kind of attention do I want, and what kind do I attract?'
    why should any woman or man come to that have to be held partly responsible just cause of how they are dressed
    there is no excuse for rape or murder
    and the victim should not be blamed whatsoever

I disagree...how we dress, rightly or wrongly, gives a certain impression. When I was younger, only prostitutes dressed the way young girls now dress when they go out. They leave very little to the imagination and it does create an image...they WANT men to look at them, men DO look at them...men's attraction to women is extremelly visual...I don't think we women realise just how much.

For instance, the other night I saw 3 girls walking to a pub...two were dressed decently and the other was flashing just about everything. She received shouted lewd comments from passing men, one even pinched her bum! The girl just laughed, thinking it was great, giving an even worse impression that it was ok.

That kind of behaviour from men is unacceptable, but the more we give the signal that it's 'ok', the more men are going to do it.

I, too, don't believe the victim is 'responsible' for other's behaviour, but my point is that we can all do things to protect ourselves. It's not fair that we have to constantly live in fear, but that's life and we need to deal with it and take responsiblity for our own actions the way we expect criminals to take responsibility for theirs.
    Come and try your luck in our gaming forums:
    http://www.arh-auction.co.uk/forums/

I disagree...how we dress, rightly or wrongly, gives a certain impression. When I was younger, only prostitutes dressed the way young girls now dress when they go out. They leave very little to the imagination and it does create an image...they WANT men to look at them, men DO look at them...men's attraction to women is extremelly visual...I don't think we women realise just how much.

For instance, the other night I saw 3 girls walking to a pub...two were dressed decently and the other was flashing just about everything. She received shouted lewd comments from passing men, one even pinched her bum! The girl just laughed, thinking it was great, giving an even worse impression that it was ok.

That kind of behaviour from men is unacceptable, but the more we give the signal that it's 'ok', the more men are going to do it.

I, too, don't believe the victim is 'responsible' for other's behaviour, but my point is that we can all do things to protect ourselves. It's not fair that we have to constantly live in fear, but that's life and we need to deal with it and take responsiblity for our own actions the way we expect criminals to take responsibility for theirs.

Though i do think prostitution is wrong, on so many levels. AND I do believe that the way we present ourselves - both in manner and dress code IS importaint, i have to say ( as i have before on other subject threads ) that a woman SHOULD be able to walk about naked , if she so chooses without presuming that by doing so she will be raped or murdered. OF COURSE its not advisable and i believe its ilegal but still i have never and will never agree that the way someone dresses is an excuse for them to be abused in any which way.

MEN should be held accountable for their actions.

I am sure MOST MEN ( I hope and pray ) would not take raunchy dress as a GREEN LIGHT to have sex with her.

Acompany that with walking the streets and selling your body for money and its a very different situation.

I dont think dressing provocativeley is a good idea, but there is a world of difference between liking male attention and selling yourself. imo.

Barnsley, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View DaisyChain's Feedback (+76)
    All-About DaisyChain
    View DaisyChain's Listings
    Forum Posts

There are plenty of men being raped or sexually assaulted these days as well, one lad in mnachester a few weeks ago actually. Would you also imply that these men wearing perhaps a nice t-shirt incite others to rape them?

The majority of rapes have nothing to do with how women dress.

Let me tell you- it is FREAKINGLY SCARY when stuff like this is happening where you live
    I looked at this poor old man on the bus Tuesday (who probably couldn't even raise his walking stick) and thought- is it him? This killer is making me feel vunerable just because I am a female and I am so angry about that
    Even though we've only been back in Ipswich a year, my family have links to three of those poor girls which is really frightening.
    Flicking the TV yesterday, there was a live press confrence on BBC1, they were talking about it on This Morning and on Five news.
    I never thought i'd be glad to be ill (The Dr thinks I have Chron's disease as well as ME), but I am as it means i'm not going out much, and certainly not at night!

Thread Information