Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you think is the coolest next gen system

Default What do you think is the coolest next gen system

Ps3
    WII
    Xbox360

or
    none, pc gaming

Xbox 360 is cool but I like PS3 a little more. Xbox 360 supports 720p HDTV , but PS3 support up to 1080p. The blu-ray disc can store up to 25-50 GB of data. Xbox 360's DVD’s store up to 16 GB of data. As for online game play, xbox 360 is better since PS3 doesn't have headset and VOIP setup. Call of Duty 3 is great on both systems. Ps3 has only 2 games out now that I like. I can wait until that launch G.R.A.W 2, Rainbow Six Vegas, and Half-Life 2: Episode Two. I didn't pick vote for PC gaming since most games has a cd key, which kills the second hand market. So you have to buy new PC game. New games are not cheap so I tend to buy used games.

I voted for PC gaming since the games are cheaper to buy than the console games. The console systems are more user friendly though, just plug them in and turn the power on.

Default Hey hey hey!

Quote Originally Posted by Redsable5 View Post
    Xbox 360 is cool but I like PS3 a little more. Xbox 360 supports 720p HDTV , but PS3 support up to 1080p. The blu-ray disc can store up to 25-50 GB of data. Xbox 360's DVD’s store up to 16 GB of data. As for online game play, xbox 360 is better since PS3 doesn't have headset and VOIP setup. Call of Duty 3 is great on both systems. Ps3 has only 2 games out now that I like. I can wait until that launch G.R.A.W 2, Rainbow Six Vegas, and Half-Life 2: Episode Two. I didn't pick vote for PC gaming since most games has a cd key, which kills the second hand market. So you have to buy new PC game. New games are not cheap so I tend to buy used games.
    Being a girl, i was lost at the beginning of your post!! But I know that as i lose my husband everynight to 360 online gaming - TC Rainbow 6 las vegas. it must be good!!

I had to show my support for the Wii.

Admittedly I have been a Nintendo die-hard for a few years but I really like the direction they are taking with the Wii.

It could be argued that the console isn't truely next-gen due to the lack of power when compared with its rivals but the innovative control scheme opens up games to a wealth of possibilites. Of course , this is dependent on whether developers decide to embrace this and not just use it as a gimmick , but the DS has proved that innovation is needed in the gaming market.

As for the rivals , I am quite tempted by the 360 , but have yet to see a game that I really could be tempted by and one that justifies the cost of the machine. The advances in graphics are unquestionably brilliant but until those games can offer more than just that then I will hold fire.

One thing that Micosoft has got nailed on perfectly is the Xbox live service. In my experience it is my far the easiest and most reliable of the relative on-line services (subject to Nintendos fully launching , although early signs aren't encouraging).

I can safely say that the PS3 holds no interest for me. I believe the Blue-Ray will be a far inferior version to those available in stand-alone units (as proved by the PS2s DVD unit) and I find it hard to justify spending £425 on a machine that's main purpose is to play games on , and again I see absolutely nothing on the horizion that I am interested in playing.

having just got hold of several ps3 's i can say without a doubt the PS3 is the best all round machine , Hd is excellent the blue ray player is better than some of the dedicated machines i have seen and the game play is astonishing and having a nice sound sytem to plug it into makes it a real window rattler. A1 sony .

Forum Lurker
    Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk, United Kingdom
    View SusanMower's Feedback (+42257)
    All-About SusanMower
    View SusanMower's Listings
    Forum Posts

xbox 360

price is much much cheaper than the ps3 will be

and the games are only 40-45 which is not bad

graphics are great and online play is like nothing before it
    Sues Cross Stitch Kits

Barnsley, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View DaisyChain's Feedback (+76)
    All-About DaisyChain
    View DaisyChain's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have played on the xbox 360 and was impressed by gears of war, but saying thatm having seen games such as black on the ps2, id want more for my money, also i hear a lot of people are having problems with theirs, so id be reluctant to get one.

As for the Wii, too much of a "fun" system for me, always been nintendos problem in my opinion, not enough balls, too much effort dedicated to making games "fun" and colourful. i expect it to drop off and follow the gamecube

The ps3?, i think will come along and sony will wipe the floor with the competition as usual. I believe its backward compatible? if so already, you have thousands of games at your leisure, and ill bet my right leg the majority of games companies will throw their weight behind it and therefore as usual eradicate the rest. Not forgetting you can use the eyetoy on the ps3, and i expect that will be met by better games, and again put the wii to dust.

As for PC games. Games like fifa, call of duty, has to be a console. But for stuff like champ manager, pirates and more stregy based games, gotta be the PC
    Click here to see my items for Sale!
    Amiga, Mega Drive, Playstation Games and More!

Forum Lurker
    Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk, United Kingdom
    View SusanMower's Feedback (+42257)
    All-About SusanMower
    View SusanMower's Listings
    Forum Posts

my xbox 360- over heated and never worked again

i phoned the helpline and posted them my broken xbox360.

then just posted me a new one in a couple of days! so must be a general problem with them

as for the ps3, sounds great! but i can't spend that much on a console. especially when you know next year they'll be a new one coming all over again
    Sues Cross Stitch Kits

Thread Information