Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: How can a newbie seller increase traffic to our auctions?

Default How can a newbie seller increase traffic to our auctions?

Hello Everyone, I am new here but i know a little bit about web design and how search engines work so i am trying to build my auctions to allow the search engines to find them easier, I am using keywords and some meta tags. Besides building auctions and hoping for traffic what other ways do you recomend increasing traffic? Here are some things i have read on other post but what else do you recomend?

Sending E-mails to my customers from other auction sites telling them about ebid.
    Sending a note with each purchase telling them about ebid.
    Build auctions that are search engine friendly. Hoping that a search engine will find you.

If you can add to or elaborate on any ways to increase traffic, If you have links to search engine submitting tools or anything like that please post them here.

View BLOXBOOKS's Feedback (+5010)
    All-About BLOXBOOKS
    View BLOXBOOKS's Listings
    Forum Posts

Maybe buy one of the HistoricCollectibles domain names still available, org,info,us,biz....are still available, then start using it to brand your business, HistoricCollectibles comes up 2nd on a google search now-- eBid Community Forums - View Profile: HistoricCollectibles, with a domain name and a few page with meta tags etc, info about your products and links to your ebid shop it is a way to get more exposure, I suppose it is like growing things, if you put time into cultivation then it may have rewards... just a thought
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BLOXBOOKS

Hi,
    On a smaller scale you can also post in the 'plug your auctions' forum to promote yourself to the existing ebidders.. After all, its an existing potential customer base that is easiest to tap. Knock up a free postage offer or discount or something to 'launch' yourself. There are also other ebidders creating shop directories, if you ask they'll add you.

Note of caution, other people have been suspended from other auction sites for promoting ebid listings via email to customers, so it depends how safe you want to play it there.. not saying it *will* happen, but it can.

Dxx
    http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/main.c...rance-Skincare

After a long, long time, I'm baaaaaack!! My stuff: Look at it, it's fantastic.

Thread Information