eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: new layout

Forum Diehard
    View QCPOTS's Feedback (+52)
    All-About QCPOTS
    View QCPOTS's Listings
    Forum Posts

thumbs up here for the new look, fingers crossed, it has the desired effect, MORE BUYERS, and SELLERS,
    well done guys,

Forum Lurker
    View Dianekmt's Feedback (+221)
    All-About Dianekmt
    View Dianekmt's Listings
    Forum Posts

Wink WOW! What an improvement!

Thankyou!
    The layout and colours are so much better, buyers will be looking at the goods for auction now, instead of the confusion of the previously busy background.
    And thankyou for the Platinum upgrade discounts. This place is really brilliant.

HEAR YEAH! HEAR YEAH! COME ONE AND ALL........

TH-ANKH-YOU for all your hard work to date.

Visit my New Store:
    http://au.ebid.net/stores/Logo-Motif
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Lurker
    View illudius's Feedback (+1324)
    All-About illudius
    View illudius's Listings
    Forum Posts

Like the clean nature of the new colour scheme. I have one comment though. I prefer the price to be at the end of the line rather than at the beginning.

In my experience (and in my own use) people read across the line left to right for the item details. Once they see an interesting item ithey check the price to see if it's worth buying. If it's on the end your eyes scan is straight across the screen left to right. However on the current system this means scanning back right to left which is counter to normal reading.

I know this may seem a bit picky but it does make it much harder to browse through items. This is a big deal in the items I'm selling (comics) as most folks buy a few items at a time based on what they've browsed through rather than doing specific searches.

Illudius
    Come visit my Comic Emporium, it's lovely
    Come visit Northern Comics

That's very true about that left to right thing. We scan a page naturally from left to right and the price would look better on the right.

The site looks amazing!! This definitely motivates me to list more so I am off to list away! Its so much easier to do now! I love it
    Beer soap, bath and body products!

The Beer Soap Company

ZAJA Natural

Our Blog

I am very impressed with the brand new look - I think its really great - (even though I've had a moan about the demise of gold membership) I agree - it makes my store look so err - professional - dare I say it!!

I will be telling all to take anothe look at the new site - is the Forum the next bit to get the make over? I guess it is time for you to put your feet up for a bit now - this bit can wait a while can't it! )

Yes,
    I have to say that the Ebid stores look smashing. The forums are much better than some others I've been on as well, coz you can quote.

Forum Lurker
    Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
    View OnlineSpares's Feedback (+1031)
    All-About OnlineSpares
    View OnlineSpares's Listings
    Forum Posts

WOW... What a fantastic looking site ebid is now.. Gaz and the team have done themselves proud..

Keep up the good work

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by illudius View Post
    In my experience (and in my own use) people read across the line left to right for the item details. Once they see an interesting item ithey check the price to see if it's worth buying. If it's on the end your eyes scan is straight across the screen left to right. However on the current system this means scanning back right to left which is counter to normal reading. Illudius
    Personally I think it is good, afterall the deciding factor between yours and someone else's goods is probably going to be the price.

Like you, I think the Gold shouldn't have been dumped. Although the membership system was getting complicated. I would have preffered to upgrade the Bronze to enable buying & selling, maybe with dearer fees to encourage people to upgrade to Gold.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Thumbs up

I think the new site changes are Great. Today is the 1st time I have been on site for a few weeks and I can honestly say I said Wow out loud.

Well Done

Thread Information