Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Platinum Lifetime

Question Platinum Lifetime

Well I have 3 accounts on e-bid and thought ooh I would take up the offer of having platinum lifetime at the discounted rate mentioned in the forum thread whats new... didn't know whether I had missed the deadline or not... But seeing as when I last looked before the revamped site to upgrade to platinum life was around £143 or so... so £44.99 off that sounded good.

But upon further research.... After the revamp..

I note that all 3 of my accounts have different figures altogether and a friend of mine had the best deal ever so I was going to upgrade with the one she had..

Now this is where the plot thickens..
    Account 1 - I have had since june 2001 and to upgrade would be £99.99
    Account 2 - I have had since April 2006 and to upgrade would be £95.01
    Account 3 - I have had since Feb 2007 and to upgrade would be £93.00

???????????

My friend who joined around Feb 2007 only paid £55.00 to upgrade to platinum life !!!

My question is how much is it really to upgrade ? Is there a lottery to get the decent price ? Is that discount of £44 still valid ?

I want the £55 offer so where is it ?

Anyone else noticed any problems here with their platinum upgrades ? and how much has it cost you ?

At the time your friend joined there was an offer on but it has long since ended. If you had been around at the time you would of had it for that or maybe even a free one. If i remember correctly it's about £145 to upgrade now so you are getting some discount by the look of it.. sorry I can't be more help.

Nope my friend signed up for the platinum lifetime tonight !!!!

No one has mentioned a reduction in cost to any of us as yet, email support and ask them, maybe they reduced it, come to think of it sobody did ask if it had been reduce on another thread but i can't find it now. hope you get it sorted

yup thought of asking support but was concerned if it was just a glitch and they up it again and at mo don't want it upped lol...

From what Gazza said it has something to do with the amount you have previously paid for your gold subscriptions, something like they add everything up that you have paid and then knock it off the platinum payment so that could be why you have three different account balances

Still doesn't make much sense though as I am sure in all my time with e-bid I have paid more than my mate who only just joined in feb this year - so ????

So, as was suggested, contact support@ebid.tv and find out the definitive answer instead of guessing.

yes well if you had read my previous postings you might understand my reluctance to do so.. All I am trying to do is gauge other peoples experiences - and that does not involve guessing !

I am interested as to whether anyone else has had the same random figures applied to their account.. heres hoping I look in tomorrow and find its down to 7p now that would be great lol

The figures are not random. They work to a set formula. Had you opened all three accounts at the same time on the same day and paid exactly the same membership fees for each of them, then the upgrade figure would be the same. As you opened the accounts at different times you've obviously paid different amounts of fees for them and therefore get a different upgrade figure for each.

Also, because they are generous, the management decided to give many of the long-term members here a special rate which, for some, meant that the upgrade was free. If you want to find out which rate is applicable for your account/s, then ASK.

Thread Information