eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XBOX 360 Cooker/ Overheating? 3 RED lights?No warranty?

Hello Kaz. I was wondering if you people are an authorized repair shop? I know there was lots of people on feebay advertising they could fix them . Not sure how many were actually authorized by microsoft though. 100 a week must keep you busy. How much warranty on a repaired unit? gpu and cpu chip? I guess you are referring to the graphics processor module and the heatsink. If the motherboard gets distorted in a repair, the machine will fail again or not work at all.

http://ca.ebid.net/stores/UBUYWAREHOUSE
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Lurker
    South Normanton, Derbyshire, United Kingdom
    View ctlconsolerepairs's Feedback (+15)
    All-About ctlconsolerepairs
    View ctlconsolerepairs's Listings
    Forum Posts

[quote=canuckbid;794131]Hello Kaz. I was wondering if you people are an authorized repair shop? I know there was lots of people on feebay advertising they could fix them . Not sure how many were actually authorized by microsoft though. 100 a week must keep you busy. How much warranty on a repaired unit? gpu and cpu chip? I guess you are referring to the graphics processor module and the heatsink. If the motherboard gets distorted in a repair, the machine will fail again or not work at all.

Hiya
    sorry for the late reply Not been on here for a little while,

Yes we are an authorized repair shop, Ive just been looking thou feebay and seen how many people are doing this I just hope they have the rite insurance to do them, We give a 6 months warranty on our repairs not that many need it, We reball alot off our work so its not ofton they go down again, we do get the odd few but not many.

Hello Kaz. Thanks for your reply. I do have an extra one I need repaired. Abit far to ship overseas for that item. I'll probally use an authorized repair shop in North America as it's a rather heavy item.

Quote Originally Posted by mcblob View Post
    do you have the reciept for it still

cause if its the 3 red rings on the front then it will be still covered by warenty
    Hello mcblob. No it's one I've had for years. Off warranty. I got mega hours play time so I'm not too worried about it. There is an outfit in Newyork, USA that will fix it for 99 bucks. The new ones are so cheap now, I don't know if I will bother with it or not. Thanks for replying though. I might attempt the fix myself. Just need to pick up some proper contact paste for the heatsink and GPU.

check your link its only taking you too the main store listing

if thats the case i might look into getting my boys one sent off - the rrod is often appearing....

For those in North America there is an outfit in Newyork city that will fix your xbox 360 for 99 dollars or less. They even have a 1 hour walk in repair service. I cann't post the link as they are e-commerce enabled. If you type in, xbox 360 pro's into a search engine, you should be able to find them. I've emailed them and they will do international orders as well. They supply a phone number so you can call and inquire on shipping rates. They take all kinds of payment including PP.

Quote Originally Posted by gamebidder View Post
    hi i have an xbox 360 since nov 07 and never had a problem with it as long as you do not keep it in a enclosed space and it has lots of venterlation it will be fine my xbox is on for more than 4hr every day since i bought it so either i am very lucky or you are not giving your console enough air
    If you are referring to my post, then its probly that it doesnt have enough air due to accumulation of dust tbh. It was my eldest sons, who gave it to his younger brother cos it was still semi working, and he bought himself another one. The ironic thing is his younger brother has an xbox at his dads, and another one of their brothers has one too. I wont even go there with the consoles we have here, hence Im not busting a gut to get it sorted and *certainly* wont be buying any repairs.

Hello and more help for my fellow members on eBid. Go to instructables dot com and you will be amazed at all the free information. You can even win prize money! Have a super day everyone.

Thread Information