Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Removing Reserve??

Quote Originally Posted by lofty100e View Post
    Yes they have reserve prices in the "real world". I may be mistaken but doesn't the bidding start at the reserve price; and if there are no biddders the item gets withdrawn.
    No, in the real world the auction starts at a price lower than the reserve price, the auctioneer decided what price to start at often going downwards until he gets a bid. If the reserve is not reached the item is not sold.

I think it is a good question - why are G&M even thinking about restricting choices?
    Check out my shop at http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-IKEA-Plus-Shop
    • IKEA - great items on offer (Special request service offered!)
    • PLUS - lots of other goodies too!

Forum Lurker
    View MrsMuffy's Feedback (+199)
    All-About MrsMuffy
    View MrsMuffy's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you don't want a reserve, you can just make your starting price your reserve price, in effect that means that there is no reserve. so I can't see what the problem is, why get rid of it if some people like it, some people like to bid in auction, and a lower starting price encourages more bidders, but some people do not want to let things go at less than their reserve price, especially if they have bought something in to sell.

This is an auction site and at the real auctions you can set a resrerve price, so why not here. I think it should be kept for the people who would like to use it
    Do you need some wicks for your oil lamp or paraffin heater? then Why not visit my Ebid store http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Mouse-Trap

If you are not a member of Ebid,and wish to join please press this linkhttp://uk.ebid.net/buddy/265598

View mobymatt's Feedback (+1580)
    All-About mobymatt
    View mobymatt's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'd prefer Reserve Price auctions were a thing of the past.

Personally, nothing has me exiting out of an online auction quicker than a Reserve Price - I'd rather know what the minimum acceptable price is and take my chances from there.

I really can't see the benefit Reserve Price auctions bring to eBid sellers anyway? How frustrating must it be to see a potential buyer come tantalisingly close to a set Reserve price only for them to disappear into the ether?

View rvhc's Feedback (+1153)
    All-About rvhc
    View rvhc's Listings
    Forum Posts

Get rid of them.
    As a buyer I find a reserve puts me off bidding. As a seller I never use a reserve.

Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View thehoneyant's Feedback (+137)
    All-About thehoneyant
    View thehoneyant's Listings
    Forum Posts

As a buyer, I set a price that I am willing to pay. If it does not meet the reserve then I don't bid further, but thats just me.

Quote Originally Posted by booksgo View Post
    Get rid of them.
    As a buyer I find a reserve puts me off bidding. As a seller I never use a reserve.
    Same here.

By the way, did i say please get rid of them?
    Well, just in case i didn't, please, please get rid of them.

My auctions, good prices, fair p&p.

Laughing is good exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

I think a reserve price may be useful with low start auctions where the bidding may not reach your desired price, however since there seems to be very little bidding action at all it would seem that BIN's are the norm.

If there was evidence that say 99p starts would generate some interest in the site, then providing sellers with the safety net of a reserve is necessary. I agree though that an offer system would be useful.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Rhondda Cynon Taf, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View Trinakarenmille's Feedback (+2574)
    All-About Trinakarenmille
    View Trinakarenmille's Listings
    Forum Posts

Gazza.
    I agree with Ikeaplus. Mousetrap. Please leave the reserve price stay. I find it useful to catch the eye of some potential buyers. When you are new to a site, it is hard starting off with no feedback, even though you have been an experienced seller on another site. Basically we use this as a carrot, so potential buyers will then possibly take a closer look, find out more about you before deciding wether to deal with you or not. If some people do not like this reserve price. For the one,s that don,t want it, just don,t use it.
    By the way greedbay.com ( USA) site still as it as sellers want it there, It was just deleted from the UK site against the wishes of some of the sellers there.

Rhondda Cynon Taf, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View Trinakarenmille's Feedback (+2574)
    All-About Trinakarenmille
    View Trinakarenmille's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sorry made a mistake in the #18 post. Greedbay did not get rid of the reserve price just highered it to a £50 starting price. I sell high priced designer stuff along with other lower priced items. I also use the reserve price on the higher value items to attract buyers, wnsure a fair price, both to me as a seller, still a bargain for the buyer.

If Reserve auctions are discouraging bidders, no matter how many, then there is no reason to retain them. eBid needs more bidders, so end of discussion!

..........hollandnumerics

Thread Information