My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: horse meat would you try it?

cmjewels, I don't do Politically Correct. What happened to the right to Free Speech that this country was justifiably proud of? I wouldn't go out of my way to try to offend someone, but if someone does take offence, surely that is their problem not mine? Tolerance should be even handed. I tolerate other people's idiosyncrasies and expect them to tolerate mine.
    Why does being Politically Correct only apply to WASPS, and not other races, creeds and colours? I'm fed up with the PC Brigade.
    Incidentally, I don't consider myself "white". Being half Navajo I had equal chances of being dark skinned like my father, pale skinned like my mother, or somewhere in between. I suppose I am nearer pink than white, but what the hell does it matter? People are people. The only absolutes are that we are all born naked, and we all die sometime. The rest is changeable without notice.

View h1r3z's Feedback (+502)
    All-About h1r3z
    View h1r3z's Listings
    Forum Posts

All this racism BS is really messing this country up. I'm personally sick & tired of hearing nearly every other race that lives in this country complain about it. And to the degree that CM is is too, just to make a petty point.

The fact is that Chinese (that is Chinese people - people from China) do eat cats & dogs. To single out one part of a continent or whatever as an example is not being racist any more than saying "women buy a lot of shoes" is being sexist.

I have to say that all this petty BS about racism in this country and what we do offends this or that nationality is actually making me racist - go figure.
    I am getting to the point when I see a certain ethnic group complain about this or that or say they are offended by the way we do this (like flying our own flag in our own country for example), I feel like saying "well sod off home then if you don't like it" or "Yes well this ISN'T your country, you'll have to accept it" - but of course they don't have to accept it do they? No, because this country is so wimpy and so free to make new laws for everything they don't know how else to deal with that these people can push and push until it gets to the point where people are discussing, no, arguing on a forum because someone with foreign origin or background wants to make a point that is so petty it really defies logic. And the reason? because they wont tolerate racism in any form. Geez.

This is a long way from what I consider racism. What ever happened to the definition of racism? I heard nobody call them a chinky, or slope, or slanty, just Chinese, isn't that what people from China are called? A whole nation was not attacked in any way, a factual statement was made.

I strongly urge you to get off your high horse and get with the real world.
    Last edited by h1r3z; 8th May 2007 at 11:31 AM.

True story, not anecdotal as this is first hand. [Just to get that out of the way]. My grandson made friends in Slough with a huge Jamaican man. I don't know how or why they linked as Michael, being on the Autistic Spectrum, didn't talk to strangers, and didn't like any physical contact, yet Michael made a beeline for him. At 3 years old, he was virtually not speaking, yet he went up to this man, and very carefully said "Michael". In minutes he had picked Michael up and was throwing him up into the air and catching him, then taught him how to High-Five. Michael was shrieking with laughter. Through this man, Michael started to escape from the wall he hid behind. We met up frequently after that, and forged a close friendship. We "insulted" each other as part of our friendship. I called him a "big black zubiwallah". [Zubi being his nickname]. He used to call me "white trash" and "Pinko". It was all a joke, until one day about 2 years ago a lady reported me to a policeman on patrol, and I was informed I could be prosecuted under the Race Relation's Act. When I explained to the PC that we were always larking about like that, I was told I wasn't to call Zubi black. I questioned if it was OK for him to call me "white" and apparently that was OK. Zubi told him we were friends, and we were joking but the woman and the PC were adamant. Michael looked bemused, then said "but he is black!" Nothing like an Aspie for stating the obvious. The lady said I should be ashamed for bringing Michael up to be a racist! Odd how my racist grandson has been best friends with Zubi for 16 years!
    Last edited by dragonmist; 8th May 2007 at 12:45 PM.

View h1r3z's Feedback (+502)
    All-About h1r3z
    View h1r3z's Listings
    Forum Posts

That's exactly what I'm talking about.

The following is a Myspace bulletin that received from some American friends, it's not just here of course.

Subject : Im not Racist but its True! Body: IM NOT RACIST...BUT ITS TRUE

You call me, "redneck" ,"hillbilly", "slaker" , "Cracker", "Honkey", "Whitey", "Gringo" and you think it's OK.

...But when I call you coon,jiggaboo, Kike, sand nigger, rag head ,Towelhead, WOP, Camel Jockey, Gook, slant eyes or Chink you call me a racist.

-You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you, so why are the ghettos the most dangerous places to live?

-You have the United Negro College Fund.

-You have Martin Luther King Day.

-You have Black History Month.

-You have Cesar Chavez Day.

-You have Yom Hashoah

-You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi

-You have the NAACP.

-You have BET.

-If we had WET(white entertainment television) ...we'd be racist.

-If we had a White Pride Day... you would call us racist.

-If we had white history month... we'd be racist.

-If we had an organization for only whites to "advance" our lives... we'd be racist.

-If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships...you know we'd be racist.

-In the Million Man March, you believed that you were marching for your race and rights. If we marched for our race and rights...you would call us racist.

-Did you know that some high school students decided to make a club for only the white students because the other ethnicities had them... they all got sent to court for being racist but the african-american, Latino, and Asia clubs were not even questioned.

-You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you're not afraid to announce it. But when we announce our white pride, you call us racists.

I am white.

I am proud.
    But, you call me a racist.

Why is it that only whites can be racists?

Now watch, I'll be a racist for posting this

So what? no one will re post this for fear of being called racist

if you think its true re-post it saying "I'm not racist but its true"

I'm inclined to agree.

Quote Originally Posted by h1r3z View Post
    That's exactly what I'm talking about.

The following is a Myspace bulletin that received from some American friends, it's not just here of course.

Subject : Im not Racist but its True! Body: IM NOT RACIST...BUT ITS TRUE

You call me, "redneck" ,"hillbilly", "slaker" , "Cracker", "Honkey", "Whitey", "Gringo" and you think it's OK.

...But when I call you coon,jiggaboo, Kike, sand nigger, rag head ,Towelhead, WOP, Camel Jockey, Gook, slant eyes or Chink you call me a racist.

-You say that whites commit a lot of violence against you, so why are the ghettos the most dangerous places to live?

-You have the United Negro College Fund.

-You have Martin Luther King Day.

-You have Black History Month.

-You have Cesar Chavez Day.

-You have Yom Hashoah

-You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi

-You have the NAACP.

-You have BET.

-If we had WET(white entertainment television) ...we'd be racist.

-If we had a White Pride Day... you would call us racist.

-If we had white history month... we'd be racist.

-If we had an organization for only whites to "advance" our lives... we'd be racist.

-If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships...you know we'd be racist.

-In the Million Man March, you believed that you were marching for your race and rights. If we marched for our race and rights...you would call us racist.

-Did you know that some high school students decided to make a club for only the white students because the other ethnicities had them... they all got sent to court for being racist but the african-american, Latino, and Asia clubs were not even questioned.

-You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you're not afraid to announce it. But when we announce our white pride, you call us racists.

I am white.

I am proud.
    But, you call me a racist.

Why is it that only whites can be racists?

Now watch, I'll be a racist for posting this

So what? no one will re post this for fear of being called racist

if you think its true re-post it saying "I'm not racist but its true"

I'm inclined to agree.
    my biggest problem is when the race card is pulled even though the person in question is in the wrong
    its just another way to try and get away with something

Quote Originally Posted by silkcityuk2 View Post
    my biggest problem is when the race card is pulled even though the person in question is in the wrong
    its just another way to try and get away with something
    A friend of our family is a policeman. Nearly twenty years ago he told us of a time when he was out on patrol and watched while a black youth threw a brick through a shop window. When he arrested the youth the first thing that the youth loudly yelled was "It's just because I'm black, isn't it?!". Even back then colour/race was being used as a "Get out of jail free" card.

Oh, and I have no idea if the police eat horse meat, either.

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    A friend of our family is a policeman. Nearly twenty years ago he told us of a time when he was out on patrol and watched while a black youth threw a brick through a shop window. When he arrested the youth the first thing that the youth loudly yelled was "It's just because I'm black, isn't it?!". Even back then colour/race was being used as a "Get out of jail free" card.
    that is excactly what i mean and its now 20 times worse than it was then

oh and yes i would try horse meat once

silkcity, horse meat isn't that great. Goat is better.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmist View Post
    silkcity, horse meat isn't that great. Goat is better.
    have had goat in greece, a bit fatty, not saying i would like horse, but i would try it once

Thread Information