Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Strike-through On Buyer's Name

Default Strike-through On Buyer's Name

Hi! I hope this is the right place to post this question. I'm a newer seller here on eBid and (I thought) sold my first item last night. I invoiced appropriately and sent a request for money. However, this morning, I find that the buyer's name has a strike-through on their home page (a line through their user name). Does this mean that they are no longer a registered user on eBid? If so, should I go ahead and repost my item? And, finally, how do I contact eBid to recoup my loss on the final value fee when (and if) this buyer doesn't pay?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Kris
    TOPNOTCH4LESS

Quote Originally Posted by kota0516 View Post
    Hi! I hope this is the right place to post this question. I'm a newer seller here on eBid and (I thought) sold my first item last night. I invoiced appropriately and sent a request for money. However, this morning, I find that the buyer's name has a strike-through on their home page (a line through their user name). Does this mean that they are no longer a registered user on eBid? If so, should I go ahead and repost my item? And, finally, how do I contact eBid to recoup my loss on the final value fee when (and if) this buyer doesn't pay?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Kris
    TOPNOTCH4LESS
    Hi welcome,

There are several reasons why this could have happened, if they are a new user, maybe there was a mistake in the registration process, or they've broken a rule, this also happens when someone is under investigation.

I'd wait a while & see if the buyer pays you, they may not get a ban if they sort out the problem with eBid.

If you do need to claim back your fees, email support@eBid.tv

My auctions, good prices, fair p&p.

Laughing is good exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by kota0516 View Post
    Thanks, Anichka!
    You're welcome, good luck.

Default Same here

I have the same problem (it's probably the same user).

I tried to mark them as a nonpaying bidder but it says I have to send them three invoices before I can do that. First of all, I don't see a way to send them invoices, now that they're suspended and, even if I did, I don't really want to keep contacting a fraudulent user.

I emailed support but I don't understand why there isn't a nonpaying bidder option for "user has been suspended".

I had the free listing but FVF option.

Quote Originally Posted by laurali View Post
    I have the same problem (it's probably the same user).

I tried to mark them as a nonpaying bidder but it says I have to send them three invoices before I can do that. First of all, I don't see a way to send them invoices, now that they're suspended and, even if I did, I don't really want to keep contacting a fraudulent user.

I emailed support but I don't understand why there isn't a nonpaying bidder option for "user has been suspended".

I had the free listing but FVF option.

Hi, not all suspended users are fraudulent, (see my post above).

eBid are having a crackdown on wrong category listings & this can cause a user to be temporarily suspended, they can come back as soon as the problems are sorted.

Of course there are fraudulent users everywhere but if there was an option to mark someone as a non payer while under suspension, i guess a lot of people will be marked as that when in fact they might be quite willing to pay once their account is up & running again & they can get into it for the relevant payment info.

Good luck in sorting out your own non payer.

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi. In my experience ebid will refund any fees. Just send an email with the auction details and any other relevant info to support@ebid.tv

By the way laurali- it's three payment reminders rather than invoices ( theres a link for sending a payment reminder) but i don't think that's expected for suspended bidders.

Thank you, Kris & Val.

I doubt very much this user is legit. They just signed up yesterday (no feedback and no paypal account when I invoiced them). It looks like they went through and bought a bunch of stuff and were suspended.

Not to mention the other e word but they have a selection for if a user is suspended (NARU'd, in that case), and will refund fees immediately.

I had a buyer with a strike through their name some time back, but they paid, no fuss, all went through fine. Not all strike- throughs are fraudulent. Try contacting the buyer first and give it a little bit of time.

Kingswinford, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View Bearsden06's Feedback (+26)
    All-About Bearsden06
    View Bearsden06's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would try and contact your buyer by e mail after auction log whatever ,it maybe they are having problems with payment,
    To illustrate this point I have sent off a refund to a customer today who tried to pay with paypal got in a mess with that ,then tried with PPpay same thing, finally sent me a P.O then I finished up with two payments for the item.
    This transaction goes back to mid June and I think the buyer might have thought he had been scammed as he had thrown away my first cheque with the packing,only found out when checked my bank statement and cheque not presented.
    Its worth persevering to uphold E Bid as a safe place to shop not like the dark side which seems to get worse.

Bearsden06
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/secondtime-books Still trying to find that elusive book why not visit us we may just have it.=For other collectables come and see us at http://uk.ebid.net/stores/DudleysCollectables

Thread Information