Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Strike-through On Buyer's Name

Unhappy

This has really turned weird. The "sold" item doesn't even show the buyer's user id with a strike-through across it. Now, when I go to my "sold" items, it has a red "X" saying the item didn't sell. And the buyer's name is nowhere on the auction.

I'm e-mailing eBid with all of the information. Looks like maybe the buyer was just a joke. Now I'm back to having no sales here. It's always unfortunate when this happens, especially if it happens to a new seller.

Default Same situation

I've got two of the same thing, one from yesterday and one from today. I have invoiced both of them and just finished sending emails to their registered email addresses. Usually if I haven't heard from them within 2 days, I chaulk it up to some kids messing around.
    I have had one customer who took 2 weeks to pay, his boss actually paid for him! Seems he was rushed to the hospital for an emergency surgery due to a work related injury. So yes, some are actual good buyers but just may have a problem for a few days.

Bolt
    Thunderbolt
    Motorcycle gloves, vest extenders and other accessories.
    http://us.ebid.net/stores/Falcons-Chest

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Was it by any chance Gina from California?
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

Forum Newbie
    View Ladyrock's Feedback (+689)
    All-About Ladyrock
    View Ladyrock's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have one of these also.

I got all excited seeing I had another sale so quick!

I sent off the invoice and then noticed the strike-through on the name. After further checking I seen the red x and nothing on the bottom of the item which should have shown the info on the sale.

I also noticed that this buyer had purchased another item from another seller who now has a strike-through on their name.

I'll wait a couple of days to be sure but I think I already know where this one is going.

Are we able to leave feedback on the buyers when this happens?
    Is there a waiting period before we do?

Default Update to those line out bidders

I sent a trouble ticket off to support and within 5 minutes I had a response. I sent the details of both auctions and explained how I had not been paid and did not think I should have to pay the final value fees. Support rapidly corrected my account and removed those fees.
    I still have the details of the auctions showing, but at least I know I am not being penalized for them. My next step is to see what happens if I relist the items.

Bolt
    Thunderbolt
    Motorcycle gloves, vest extenders and other accessories.
    http://us.ebid.net/stores/Falcons-Chest

Unhappy

Looks like I also have a nonresponsive, nonpaying bidder
    This joker is from Los Angeles area. What I find odd is I also have another nr/np bidder on another site from the Los Angeles area. Both names are male (bidding on female jewelry items from me).

It's a shame to lose your first sale on any site. Two in three days on two different sites is a real bummer.

I've been searching the site to find out how to get my fees refunded. Thanks for posting it here. eBid should really post a link or a FAQ on how to get seller's fees returned ... IMO
    Last edited by smiles516; 24th July 2007 at 03:14 PM. Reason: add comment

Hi, I too have the same problem, a buyer comitted to buy an item from me. I have invoiced and tried to contact several times. I checked into this buyer and they has reg. for ebid the same day bought this item, and 1 item from someone else. I noticed that this buyer ANd the other seller they did bus. w/ have their name struck out. It has been 7 days. Is it ok for me to simply relist the item? Thanks, Karey

My buyer has a strike though his name and the buyer he bought from to get his +1 feedback also has a strike through his name.
    Figured I'd post mine incase my guy is the same name as the other guys mentioned.

Username : gabrielkokoj
    Name : XXXXXX (removed)
    Email : XXXXXX (removed)
    Address :
    Los Angeles
    California
    United States

( leaving city/state info because if you read the thread others are also having NPB from the same City/State and it may help Gazz or others)
    Last edited by designsbycpe; 28th July 2007 at 03:11 AM.

Something odd is going on here. My non-paying bidder here and at Bidville (different bidder) were both "from Los Angeles, CA". I tried to look up the one from here in Whitepages.com and no one by that name lives at the address provided.
    Bidder here id: wilsonhedrads
    also has a yahoo email addy

Super friendly and fast response from support@ebid.tv
    I sent them the information on my non-paying bidder and ZAP!
    Charges were removed from my account. No fuss. No further explanation required. Now if I could get a paying bidder or two a month, I'd be in auction heaven. Thanks eBid for making my life a little easier

Thread Information