eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Grrrrrrrrrr Isp's

Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View thehoneyant's Feedback (+137)
    All-About thehoneyant
    View thehoneyant's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good site to check availability. You got to move around it, but a very interesting reading.

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/about.php

I'm on Virgin broadband - used to be known as Blueyonder, before that Telewest - changing the name doesn't alter the fact that I must lose broadband at least three days out of every month, except now the free helpline costs me nearly £2 every time I ring them up to tell them that there is something wrong with their network. Most of that is spent with them asking "have you tried switching it off and on again?" duh, how dumb do they think I am since I have set up my own wireless network? I've complained so often now that I must have "stroppy cow, offer helpline call cost refund" on my file because they now keep offering to repay the cost of the call since they admit it is their fault. Yesterday, they even told me to get in touch with customer services to demand a refund of days I have spent offline. It is so annoying because it is so unreliable, I mean how am I meant to sales on my website, and various internet auction sites if I can't get online loads of the time? It just makes me and my selling look sh*t and unprofessional. Only trouble is because it is cable, there isn't any competition since they all swallowed each other up. I could go to a BT line, but according to my two sisters, anything run through a BT line is even worse. :-(

Rotherham, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View PATRIOT73's Feedback (+173)
    All-About PATRIOT73
    View PATRIOT73's Listings
    Forum Posts

errrrrrrrrrrrr im on virgin thru bt line
    n i had no probs[touch wood]
    but i only 3 m,orfs in 12 morf contract...................if u ask me its luck o draw
    "WALKING IS DEFINITELY OVERRATED"

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MadcatwomanEnterprises View Post
    I'm on Virgin broadband - used to be known as Blueyonder, before that Telewest - changing the name doesn't alter the fact that I must lose broadband at least three days out of every month, except now the free helpline costs me nearly £2 every time I ring them up to tell them that there is something wrong with their network. Most of that is spent with them asking "have you tried switching it off and on again?" duh, how dumb do they think I am since I have set up my own wireless network? I've complained so often now that I must have "stroppy cow, offer helpline call cost refund" on my file because they now keep offering to repay the cost of the call since they admit it is their fault. Yesterday, they even told me to get in touch with customer services to demand a refund of days I have spent offline. It is so annoying because it is so unreliable, I mean how am I meant to sales on my website, and various internet auction sites if I can't get online loads of the time? It just makes me and my selling look sh*t and unprofessional. Only trouble is because it is cable, there isn't any competition since they all swallowed each other up. I could go to a BT line, but according to my two sisters, anything run through a BT line is even worse. :-(
    Its to do with where you live I think! The area I live in is not exactly Rich pickings so I think you get 2nd rate service and lines etc.

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

We are in the centre of a town with 250,000 people, and the town was linked with cable broadband pretty early on. I have a friend who used to work for them when they were Telewest, and she would tell me that whatever you find on the company's Service Status page is probably less than 10% of the real problem because nine times out of ten, people won't ring it in. I'm guessing that is probably loads worse now since it is costing people a couple of quid to ring when they've lost their broadband.

I enquired about getting a BT line to get off Virgin/ Telewest/ Blueyonder but they wanted nearly £150 up front since the property hasn't had a BT line for over a decade. So, it looks like I have to stick with crappy cable and Virgin are the only cable operator in the area as far as I know, since they swallowed up all the rest of the cable competition and now have a monopoly. :-(

These are yesterday's service status issues, and by which I mean only the ones that have been reported:
    http://status-cable.virginmedia.com/vmstatus/summary.do

View slinkyri's Feedback (+2931)
    All-About slinkyri
    View slinkyri's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PATRIOT73 View Post
    i got that deal
    but wiv virgin
    14-99 a month
    I was offered it first off at £9.99 but then they realised my account can't support that cos of exchange - we're out in the sticks....... paying £17.99 for it now and staying on Aol with all the stuff that I like so happy really.

I checked with BT they said same - can't have £9.99 package cos of exchange - can't remember the exact term they used now though - something about my exchange anyway lol and it would be £29.99 for same from BT

Rotherham, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View PATRIOT73's Feedback (+173)
    All-About PATRIOT73
    View PATRIOT73's Listings
    Forum Posts

bump ..........
    "WALKING IS DEFINITELY OVERRATED"

Thread Information