eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sometimes You still get it wrong!

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Sometimes You still get it wrong!

Well I've been selling watches for about 10 years now and Still find the odd surprise. I sort of passed over this watch thinking it was really not worth a lot And finally listed it on Feebay (Sorry guys I need quick money) And Its got 2 bids in the first 12 Hours.
    Never heard of the name before and thought nothing of it

EMERICH MEERSON

He's a French designer who Made stuff for Tiffanys and others.

Whoops Nearly let that one slip through my hands!

Still I'm not the only one to do things like this The so called Experts on programmes like Cash in the Attic get it Hopelessly wrong at times...They had an old globe down for £300-500 and it sold for about £4000......

Emerich Meerson, a French painter born in Germany, spent his childhood in Bulgaria during the Second World War. He lives and works in Paris. He designed watches and jewellery collections under his own name, as well as for the most celebrated jewellers, such as Tiffany's, Elsa Perretti, Mikimoto, Van Cleef & Arpels. Recognised as one of the most talented designers of his generation, he continues to design and paint. The result today is an extraordinary body of work. He has been exhibiting for only about twelve years, first in private surroundings, then in individual or group shows. It's hard to classify Emerich Meerson in a particular school or trend, because of his abundant creativity and his constant pursuit of plastic expression. His Individuality is strong and recognisable in all his work, which is, first and always, full of emotion. To look at one of his drawings, one of his paintings, one of his sculptures, always inspires questions, feelings, and reflection. It's hard to classify Emerich Meerson in a particular school or trend, because of his abundant creativity and his constant pursuit of plastic expression. His Individuality is strong and recognisable in all his work, which is, first and always, full of emotion. To look at one of his drawings, one of his paintings, one of his sculptures, always inspires questions, feelings, and reflection. Emerich Meerson's work is never demonstrative; it's evocative. That's because the artist inspired by childhood, the family, love, faith always looks for the truth hidden behind the visible world. Sometimes profusely, sometimes sparsely, he transmutes the vibrations of the material, the coexistence of order and disorder, the movement toward becoming rather than an image stuck in the present. His work is rich and enriching. "(....) a kind of dreamy goodliness which transforms (his) violence into meditative energy and movement.... Having been a watch designer has surely given him the taste for dense mechanisms, where the combined elements come together in the interior of compact forms, resulting in the ability (or the predisposition) to compose signs of space-time. The formats can vary; that changes nothing in this ability to accumulate miniature calligraphies which his brush applies to paper that has been treated with India ink. The rhythms breathe, imitating a version of nature that has been reorganised by Emerich Meerson. This is definitely concrete "abstraction". Each vision corresponds to a response from the outside to the inside, from the heart of man to the soul of the world. (....) Everything here is contained in the gesture, the writing, and the silence. Curling, dancing, shapes, territories, stained glass, a labyrinth-tree rising and extending to the surface, behind which I invite you to look at the shivering rainbow of nights-days-water and fire." Pascal Payen-Appenzeller Writer, poet, historian

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

Barnsley, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View DaisyChain's Feedback (+76)
    All-About DaisyChain
    View DaisyChain's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thats good rednosty Ive had a few little gems like that, as has the wife, Its what i love about collectables, there is always a story attached to a piece somewhere.

And the best is now, you will keep your eyes peeled for more

Btw dont be ashamed about listing on ebay, at the end of thee day if your out to make money and run a good business, you go where the sales are for that paticular product
    Click here to see my items for Sale!
    Amiga, Mega Drive, Playstation Games and More!

Forum Diehard
    View QCPOTS's Feedback (+52)
    All-About QCPOTS
    View QCPOTS's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rednosty View Post
    Well I've been selling watches for about 10 years now and Still find the odd surprise. I sort of passed over this watch thinking it was really not worth a lot And finally listed it on Feebay (Sorry guys I need quick money) And Its got 2 bids in the first 12 Hours.
    Never heard of the name before and thought nothing of it

EMERICH MEERSON

He's a French designer who Made stuff for Tiffanys and others.

Whoops Nearly let that one slip through my hands!

Still I'm not the only one to do things like this The so called Experts on programmes like Cash in the Attic get it Hopelessly wrong at times...They had an old globe down for £300-500 and it sold for about £4000......

Emerich Meerson, a French painter born in Germany, spent his childhood in Bulgaria during the Second World War. He lives and works in Paris. He designed watches and jewellery collections under his own name, as well as for the most celebrated jewellers, such as Tiffany's, Elsa Perretti, Mikimoto, Van Cleef & Arpels. Recognised as one of the most talented designers of his generation, he continues to design and paint. The result today is an extraordinary body of work. He has been exhibiting for only about twelve years, first in private surroundings, then in individual or group shows. It's hard to classify Emerich Meerson in a particular school or trend, because of his abundant creativity and his constant pursuit of plastic expression. His Individuality is strong and recognisable in all his work, which is, first and always, full of emotion. To look at one of his drawings, one of his paintings, one of his sculptures, always inspires questions, feelings, and reflection. It's hard to classify Emerich Meerson in a particular school or trend, because of his abundant creativity and his constant pursuit of plastic expression. His Individuality is strong and recognisable in all his work, which is, first and always, full of emotion. To look at one of his drawings, one of his paintings, one of his sculptures, always inspires questions, feelings, and reflection. Emerich Meerson's work is never demonstrative; it's evocative. That's because the artist inspired by childhood, the family, love, faith always looks for the truth hidden behind the visible world. Sometimes profusely, sometimes sparsely, he transmutes the vibrations of the material, the coexistence of order and disorder, the movement toward becoming rather than an image stuck in the present. His work is rich and enriching. "(....) a kind of dreamy goodliness which transforms (his) violence into meditative energy and movement.... Having been a watch designer has surely given him the taste for dense mechanisms, where the combined elements come together in the interior of compact forms, resulting in the ability (or the predisposition) to compose signs of space-time. The formats can vary; that changes nothing in this ability to accumulate miniature calligraphies which his brush applies to paper that has been treated with India ink. The rhythms breathe, imitating a version of nature that has been reorganised by Emerich Meerson. This is definitely concrete "abstraction". Each vision corresponds to a response from the outside to the inside, from the heart of man to the soul of the world. (....) Everything here is contained in the gesture, the writing, and the silence. Curling, dancing, shapes, territories, stained glass, a labyrinth-tree rising and extending to the surface, behind which I invite you to look at the shivering rainbow of nights-days-water and fire." Pascal Payen-Appenzeller Writer, poet, historian

didn`t take you long to drop this,=== getovertoebiddotcodotuk

All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by QCPOTS View Post
    didn`t take you long to drop this,=== getovertoebiddotcodotuk

I did not want to I just found it messed up my Turbo lister and I had listed loads of things on Turbo under red-nosty so Had to change back!

and collectables

All-About DaisyChain
    Forum Posts

Do you realise you both have the same AboutME page??? over there

dual personality?

All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by manstomar View Post
    Do you realise you both have the same AboutME page??? over there

dual personality?
    I nicked it from QCpots! I just loved the idea of Stuffing Ebays faces in it! (QCpots Knows I nicked it)

and collectables

All-About DaisyChain
    Forum Posts

I nicked it from QCpots! I just loved the idea of Stuffing Ebays faces in it! (QCpots Knows I nicked it)
    You could of at least corrected the grammar

All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by manstomar View Post
    You could of at least corrected the grammar

The Grandma! There I've done it

and collectables

Forum Saint
    View Cocksparrer's Feedback (+424)
    All-About Cocksparrer
    View Cocksparrer's Listings
    Forum Posts

Nicked what !!!

I must say rednosty that blurb about Emerich Meerson is just the sort of pretensious rubbish galleries spout to hype up prices! I take it you grabbed it from somewhere
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Thread Information