eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Anyone else with HTML issues ?

Thumbs down Anyone else with HTML issues ?

Well I'm not verry happy Just looked at my listings and all my HTML is screwed All Pictures were sized within the template and now they are all viewing as original size making all of my 350 listings look totally **** I'm afraid I dont have the time to redoo 350 auctions as I still hadnt got round to chanigng them all from the last lot of updates in the HTML setup.
    If its not going to be sorted I'm closing all my shops because this is just stupid. You spend hours trying to make things look attractive and professional to encourage people to buy here and for what .
    This has happened sinse the last lot of updates/upgrades everything was fine before that.
    I'm not a hppy bunny

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Mine are still ok. although I have a 'width=100%' bit of html in mine which i 'think' makes them fit any window correctly.

I have noticed some strange things happening with how auctions display when editing. I have my defaults set as wysiwyg (advanced) but when i'me editing auctions i'm finding some display in html, and some in wysiwyg basic.
    I've also noticed a lot of short poeriods of downtime where apparently 'software updates' are taking place. Hopefully your html problem is a glytch they plan to fix and not part of the upgrade.

I hope so I cant tell you how many days I spent doing all the listings . Its just knocked the stuffing right out of me

Quote Originally Posted by litttleme1969 View Post
    Well I'm not verry happy Just looked at my listings and all my HTML is screwed All Pictures were sized within the template and now they are all viewing as original size making all of my 350 listings look totally **** I'm afraid I dont have the time to redoo 350 auctions as I still hadnt got round to chanigng them all from the last lot of updates in the HTML setup.
    If its not going to be sorted I'm closing all my shops because this is just stupid. You spend hours trying to make things look attractive and professional to encourage people to buy here and for what .
    This has happened sinse the last lot of updates/upgrades everything was fine before that.
    I'm not a hppy bunny
    They seem to have reduced the default text size of the pages & also page alignment, from left align (or possibly not set) to centre.
    As I use a % for my text size, I'm having to edit them all to increase the text size, plus re-align the ones on my Kewtonia ID (that was partly my fault I'd missed something in my original html).
    The difficult part was working out the % I needed to set to get it looking as I wanted in my listings, because when displayed on my PC & not as a listing it looks too big.
    Timing could have been better, but I can't really complain as I was planning to make changes anyway, to make updating quicker in the future.
    I asked about this on the forums the day of the upgrade, but nobody responded so I assumed it hadn't caused problems for anyone else.

I've put a note in my notices, telling people I'm aware of the problem with my listings & am working on it.

If they are going to change back please post it here because I'll then have to re edit the ones I've just changed.
    Last edited by Gothicina; 15th August 2007 at 08:51 PM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've just had a look at one of your listings and some of the pictures are sized but others aren't.

Did you insert the pictures with different coding?

Although both codes work in the editor I use, eBid don't seem to recognise the sizing written as

IMG style="WIDTH: 100; HEIGHT: 63"

while

IMG style="WIDTH: 100px; HEIGHT: 75px" height=75

is recognised.

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

All my listings worked perefectly until the updates. All side pics in the HTML where listed as sized 110 x 110px so it made a nice neat thumbnail shot of all the stuff I sell same with all the other listing pics, they where all sized in the HTML and its never been an issue until now

They just got back to me and said my HTML was the problem as I hadnt added size pics in it............... GGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    I mean really If that was the case I would have know and it wouldnt have worked before now would it
    Its clearly a glitch caused by the updates so why say its my fault?
    No news as yet as to wether they have found a problem or intend to do anything about it.
    I just dont have the time to redo over 450 HTMLs . So i'm off if its not sorted I cant justify the time compared to the few sales its just not worth the effort. Im so angry as it took me months to add all my listings and to have them whipped out by yet another update.

And to top it all off I just got a nice e.mail saying..
    Congrats on your First Birthday!!.. PMSL.. well thanks guys that was a great pressie you gave me

Thread Information