eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: X Box 360 games

Forum Saint
    View Cocksparrer's Feedback (+424)
    All-About Cocksparrer
    View Cocksparrer's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default X Box 360 games

Ok my son got his xbox 360 last christmas and im pretty cheesed off. Xbox live games cant be played on his console....why ! becuase you have to sign up & pay fees. Well we dont want to sign up he just wants to play games. Then we find out that most xbox (old ones) games wont play on the 360 now for christ sake what a rip off. So we managed to get a disc to allow the games to be played that didnt work. Now what annoys me most is 99% of xbox 360 games are xbox live and it is rare to find an xbox 360 game that isnt live.

Any suggestions.

Forum Newbie
    View GameZone's Feedback (+1)
    All-About GameZone
    View GameZone's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes i have heared a lot of xbox games wont work on the 360 system, i think there is a list if you do a google search. Now I have gear of wars with out digging it out isnt that xbox live? I dont have my xbox 360 online and i have managed to play that fine the big problem i find with the 360 you need a good HD TV to play some of the games and simply cant affoard one as yet.

Alot of Original Xbox games will work with the 360 but each will require an emulator to be able to play them. There are two methods for obtaining the emulators:

1. You can download them and burn them to a disc and install them via the Xbox 360 DVD drive.

2. You can download them through the Xbox 360 itself from Xbox Live.

(You dont need to pay for XBox Live unless you want to play online games. You can just signup and use the free "silver" account which gives you access to all the downloads including free demos and game updates.)

Just added a few links below to official information:

How To Get Original Xbox Game Support for Xbox 360
    http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/back...patibility.htm

Original Xbox Games on Xbox 360
    http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/back...ygameslist.htm

Hope any of this helps.

Sorry misread the OP, the above is really information on playing original Xbox games on the 360 and the different live accounts.

Alot of the new games for the XBox 360 are coming with Live play but most if not all have a single player feature which in alot of games (Call of Duty 4, Gears of War & Rainbow Six Vegas) is exeptionally good.

Default xbox

i bought my son a xbox 360 for christmas we had the arcade version didnt realise it didnt play old xbox games man in gamesworld said it would ? to add a harddrive would cost me another £70 set it up for the internet another £60 + it couldnt even play hd disc i would have to spend another £120 for a hd player biggest con out i thought the ps3 was expensive but at least it had everything in it i will never buy another games console from microsoft to much hassle and expense any way sold it and bought him a wii he loves it far far better value.

Quote Originally Posted by davidandvicky View Post
    i bought my son a xbox 360 for christmas we had the arcade version didnt realise it didnt play old xbox games man in gamesworld said it would ? to add a harddrive would cost me another £70 set it up for the internet another £60 + it couldnt even play hd disc i would have to spend another £120 for a hd player biggest con out i thought the ps3 was expensive but at least it had everything in it i will never buy another games console from microsoft to much hassle and expense any way sold it and bought him a wii he loves it far far better value.
    I would have suggested getting him a Wii in the first place as there for kids but if he has an original XBox and hes into them then you should have stuck with the XBox 360. I bought a Wii not so long ago and its gathering dust now, IMO its just a fad and will last as long as the developers can be bothered with it.

The additions you listed above are because Microsoft gave there customers a choice in what they want, you could have bought a PS3 and got them all but you would have paid the same price as buying the 360 plus all the extras.

Also to note that the UK 40gb PS3 doesnt support any type of backwards compatability. Where as any 360 can be upgraded to the same as the higher models.

Hello. Here's a link to alot of free imformation on xbox 360. Go wireless without the adapter, etc. Heck you can even win prize money. I charged a little to show people on feebay and all it did was get me into trouble. Some people cann't follow 3 easy steps. Enjoy and come by and grab a game sometime.
    http://www.instructables.com/id/Conn...t-an-official/

Thread Information