Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Advise please... new user

Default Advise please... new user

Hello!

First, let me apologise should this be in the wrong section but I thought there'd be no better place to ask this question than in the Automotive section!

So, my question is this... I run www.eliseparts.com which is a rather niche market who sells aftermarket parts for Lotus Elise and Exige cars.

We're about to go live with a redeveloped cart and I'm pursuing different avenues to do some 'marketing' and came across eBid which seems to be just the ticket.

My question is this. Do other part sellers find it worth while to opt for the Seller+ account? The reason I ask is that I want to use the bulk upload tool to upload an upwards of 6000 auctions. I was told by an acquaintance that eBid allowed free auctions to list and you paid the value fee after a successful bid which sounds ideal for me, sadly unless I'm mistaken, the bulk upload is only for Seller+?

Ideally, I would pay the final value fee gladly for access to the bulk uploader. So, I guess that's two questions (apologies for the ramble... Getting this new shopping solution off the ground is proving to be a lot of long nights)...

1) Is Seller+ worth it?
    2) Did I misunderstand and can I access the bulk upload feature if I pay the final value fee?
    EliseParts.com
    - Your one-stop-shop for quality aftermarket Lotus Elise and Exige parts!

OK, first off I should mention that your link to your website breaks the rules. No linking to sites which sell stuff is permitted.

Secondly, with 6,000+ auctions I would definitely recommend you go for the top level Seller+ account. That way you get all the features, bells & whistles. The one off, lifetime fee could potentially save you a fortune, but only if you intend to stick with this site for the long term.

Be aware, this site is still growing. Sales are a fair bit slower than eBay and you will need to promote yourself and your stock if you want to be successful. That said, the lack of fees and increasing membership means that this can be a truly excellent venue for the right sellers. Here, you can list all your auctions and leave them - even on a repeating cycle of 7 (or whatever) days - and not get charged any fees, no matter how many times they relist, until they actually sell. To do that on eBay would cost an absolute fortune each and every time they were listed and relisted.

Personally, overall, I'd say go for it. But it's your choice and you need to look at all the angles before stumping up the pennies.

Thread Information