My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Retro Games...Selling advice

Default Retro Games...Selling advice

Hi all, I am new to Ebid, although been selling on the other one for some time now. I am selling a good selection of retro games in my ebid shop.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Retro-Gaming-Heaven

But despite having several items viewed over 100 times my sales are very low, whereas on E*ay my sales were extremely good(my seller name on there is also gandresaints, if you are interested in looking).

Is there any way that I can better promote my products?

What is it that may be putting people off (in my about me page I have mentioned my very positive feedback from that other auction site, but this doesnt seem to have made much difference)

Any advice from you ebid seller experts would be much appreciated.

Graham
    gandresaints

View greenmasons's Feedback (+31)
    All-About greenmasons
    View greenmasons's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello and welcome to eBid!

I sell PC software and retro games and I know exactly what you mean about the low number of sales. I think there is still a lot of hesitation on eBid from buyers. Some of the best ways to encourage sales is really word of mouth. I think there is some publicity beginning to appear from eBid though so things could change!
    The problem i had with eBay was that after paying 10p + Gallery fee + FVF + Paypal, yes i had more sales but I had to in order to generate any income. The gaming market is so competitive and i found a lot of my items were being sold for 0.01p by other people. Goodness knows that their making any kind of profit!!
    Your auctions look good though you've got a clear picture and given your own opinion about the products. Be careful with the words in your auction title is all i can say. The eBid SEARCH has not yet got the intelligence to recognise plurals i.e. typing in games will not come up with game...i did request this be looked at and i think gazza is looking into it.

Try placing a message in the 'PLUG YOUR AUCTION' forum that normally gets a lot of people looking. Apart from that we need to hold on tight and attract more buyers to the site. Maybe tell your ebay customers about ebid ;-)

Good Luck on eBid though! The great thing is because its free to list your not losing out for at least trying :-)
    Last edited by greenmasons; 22nd October 2007 at 08:47 PM.
    Photo Art Shop - Greetings Cards, Postcards, Prints and more from my beautiful range of photography taken around the UK.

View greenmasons's Feedback (+31)
    All-About greenmasons
    View greenmasons's Listings
    Forum Posts

Oh by the way with your auctions like 'Arcade @ Home', try adding some extra keywords, which people search for. i.e. Retro, PC, Games, etc. Any words associated with your item that people are likely to type into the search bar.
    Also instead of making your auctions "run until sold" try having them run for 10 days then auto relist. This way they will move up the search page as the time left decreases and eventually appear on the first page as they are about to finish.
    Photo Art Shop - Greetings Cards, Postcards, Prints and more from my beautiful range of photography taken around the UK.

Thanks a lot mate for these tips, really appreciated. I have had a look at your auctions, some great retro stuff there, like you I really hope that more people start to use Ebid, not sure about numbers of people joining but it seems that more people are annoyed by feebay, so hopefully it is ebid they will come to.

Again than you very much, please keep in touch

Graham

Forum Newbie
    View GameZone's Feedback (+1)
    All-About GameZone
    View GameZone's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default you are breaking the law you know?

I dont know if you realise but you are infact breaking the law by selling N64 games etc on CD, while the machines are no longer be in production it is still illegal to sell ROM back ups of old console games like the N64, megadrive etc.

i'm suprised that your adverts have NOT yet been pulled from ebid as your auctions are against ebid rules and to be honest on ebay as well.

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View heatemyfather's Feedback (+53)
    All-About heatemyfather
    View heatemyfather's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GameZone View Post
    i'm suprised that your adverts have NOT yet been pulled from ebid as your auctions are against ebid rules and to be honest on ebay as well.
    Always amazed me how much pirated software lingered on eBay seemingly without ever being removed. A search for Adobe, Quark XPress, Photoshop, etc would always throw up about 100 fakes and perhaps a couple of genuine auctions.

While old games may be difficult to get hold of, they're not impossible to find in places like Gamestation and for sale as the proper products on auction sites. Most video game ROMs can actually be found and downloaded for free from the internet anyway, though they say it's only legal to download them if you own the real thing, as if most people ever do - especially with MAME stuff! Honest Mr Internet Policeman, I have a cupboard full of arcade machine ROM boards.
    My auctions: video games, photography stuff, miniature wargaming hobby bits and pieces
    My eBid stores: Miniature Hobby Store | Old Games
    My eBid adverts page (also home to my free eBid promotional graphics):
    http://www.jonathanmortimer.co.uk/adverts/

Thread Information