eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: eBid Marketing Challenge - THE IDEAS!

View greenmasons's Feedback (+31)
    All-About greenmasons
    View greenmasons's Listings
    Forum Posts

Along those lines yup, Something that is interactive and gets in contact with people more. eBid needs to be made more socially aware and that involves talking to people.
    Someone who knows more about eBid is probably going to be a more valuable buyer/seller than one who came across the site and saved £2 off a purchase.

I've always thought that Education is much better in the long-term. Like my proposal for Seller Workshops and stuff on eBid to help make the site appear more Buyer friendly and educate the Sellers, etc.

IDEA COPYRIGHT greenMASONs 2007 with HannaHolly and ArtsBanquet lol ...Just protecting us
    Photo Art Shop - Greetings Cards, Postcards, Prints and more from my beautiful range of photography taken around the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by greenmasons View Post
    Along those lines yup,
    IDEA COPYRIGHT greenMASONs 2007 with HannaHolly and ArtsBanquet lol ...Just protecting us
    LOL good one.

How about combining the ideas - at the workshops, the winning Youtube video could be screened, then at the end of the workshop, free eBid £2 vouchers and hot tea and biccies could be handed out!

G & M would be the guests of honour at the workshop of course - just like Richard Branson makes his face known everywhere, maybe G&M could do a few meet the people session - grassroots stuff.

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by *artsbanquet* View Post
    LOL good one.

How about combining the ideas - at the workshops, the winning Youtube video could be screened, then at the end of the workshop, free eBid £2 vouchers and hot tea and biccies could be handed out!

G & M would be the guests of honour at the workshop of course - just like Richard Branson makes his face known everywhere, maybe G&M could do a few meet the people session - grassroots stuff.
    Or how about choosing a really popular well attended 'event' where it's possible to get a good internet connection. Setting up an EBID promotional stall with some give away ebid goodies. Having some laptops set up for demonstrating the site and for helping people sign up there and then! Make it so those who sign up get some kind of ebid freebie on the day.. AND get a voucher AFTER they've made their first ebid purchase . I could use youtube competition to help promote the 'event' where the stall would be!

All-About HannaHolly
    Forum Posts

I've just picked an 'event' i could think of at random. The Ideal home exhibition http://www.idealhomeshow.co.uk/exhibitorinfo/book
    has a special 'shopping ideas' section for 2008.

However at £760 + vat a square metre they're a bit pricy for us!

View greenmasons's Feedback (+31)
    All-About greenmasons
    View greenmasons's Listings
    Forum Posts

Could we all fit into a Square Metre?

Maybe start off small and organise events in hired rooms in town centres?
    Last edited by greenmasons; 21st November 2007 at 08:58 PM.
    Photo Art Shop - Greetings Cards, Postcards, Prints and more from my beautiful range of photography taken around the UK.

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Wink oooooh me eyes have gone all misty pmsl

Well, after much carefull consideration...............how about

AN ONLINE SLAVE AUCTION!! FOR CHARITYwith G & M as the "Star Slaves"!
    Wouldn't cost much

AND THE PRESS WOULD BE TRIPPING OVER EACH OTHER

xx

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

Quote Originally Posted by HannaHolly View Post
    Or how about choosing a really popular well attended 'event' where it's possible to get a good internet connection. Setting up an EBID promotional stall with some give away ebid goodies. Having some laptops set up for demonstrating the site and for helping people sign up there and then! Make it so those who sign up get some kind of ebid freebie on the day.. AND get a voucher AFTER they've made their first ebid purchase . I could use youtube competition to help promote the 'event' where the stall would be!
    Sounds great - very exciting indeed! Wonder is there's some kind of major business event held each year in the U.K. or the U.S. or Australia for that matter. Something like the annual franchisors fair.

All-About HannaHolly
    Forum Posts

Still no timeline from G & M so I'll make some decisions for them.
    There are enough suggestions and ideas already posted to put together into some good proposals.
    I'll wait until the end of this month (November) before setting up the poll on the proposals thread ( see sticky near top of forum).
    The poll will run through December and early Jan
    Those of us with the time and inclination to do so, will review the poll results and send a proposal to G & M.
    If our proposals are fully or partially agreed. we will choose a timescale which works for both G & M AND for us.

I know some people think time has been wasted on this these threads. I disagree.
    • Some excellent ideas have been suggested and brought to G & Ms attention. Some other suggestions have been acknowledged as 'in progress' by G & M ( including the RSS feed idea)
    • Toycrazy put her 1NR idea into practice - bringing extra sales for those of us who have taken part. This could be easily expanded by some targeted paid advertising.
    • I've set up an EBID group on youtube and will be uploading my first videos soon.
    • Anyone reading and contributing to the marketing threads will have been exposed to good ideas, useful sources of information and best practice. Many will have put that new information to good use
    I'm sure there will still be detractors, but i still think this is a great opportunity for US to have a go at promoting ebid and bringing in some new members. The whole idea of handing over £2000 to your members to help promote the site is worthy of it's own press release.

Keep an open mind

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Internet access points

There's a thread about this somewhere, possibly where I was writing about each of the seminars I was running. I already do this and we had started collecting a list of places with free Internet access. It's in these forums somewhere.
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

All-About HannaHolly
    Forum Posts

Still no timeline from G & M so I'll make some decisions for them.
    There are enough suggestions and ideas already posted to put together into some good proposals.
    I'll wait until the end of this month (November) before setting up the poll on the proposals thread ( see sticky near top of forum).
    The poll will run through December and early Jan
    Those of us with the time and inclination to do so, will review the poll results and send a proposal to G & M.
    If our proposals are fully or partially agreed. we will choose a timescale which works for both G & M AND for us.

I know some people think time has been wasted on this these threads. I disagree.
    • Some excellent ideas have been suggested and brought to G & Ms attention. Some other suggestions have been acknowledged as 'in progress' by G & M ( including the RSS feed idea)
    • Toycrazy put her 1NR idea into practice - bringing extra sales for those of us who have taken part. This could be easily expanded by some targeted paid advertising.
    • I've set up an EBID group on youtube and will be uploading my first videos soon.
    • Anyone reading and contributing to the marketing threads will have been exposed to good ideas, useful sources of information and best practice. Many will have put that new information to good use
    I'm sure there will still be detractors, but i still think this is a great opportunity for US to have a go at promoting ebid and bringing in some new members. The whole idea of handing over £2000 to your members to help promote the site is worthy of it's own press release.

Keep an open mind
    Office response from ebid on timescales

"Hi Val,

There is no time limit applicable. It is up to you as a community to decide. Good luck!"

Thread Information