eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: eBid Marketing Challenge - THE IDEAS!

View greenmasons's Feedback (+31)
    All-About greenmasons
    View greenmasons's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default eBid Marketing Challenge - THE IDEAS!

Good Morning Everyone!!

I thought it was time that an official thread was started for everyone to put down their ideas on how to spend the £2000. The other one was getting a bit to long and I was thinking if we all Posted 1 Message here with our ideas then it would be much easier to read and we could all decide on the best ones.

My Ideas::

1. Wacky Auctions - Low Cost Idea - Once a Month - It's a chance for everyone to find weird and wonderful items and put them up for sale. This could be an excellent PR story!

2. Seller of the Month - Low Cost Idea - Fortnightly/Monthly? - G+M Could pick out a Seller and put them on the spot with an interview and a look at the Sellers shop and we can find out a little bit more about them. - This idea would help strengthen the community, Build relationships with Sellers, and Show the World that eBid has success stories and is a great place to shop!

3. Partner eBid up with another Website - Not sure about cost - Get eBid partnered with MySpace or another Social Network site and allow people to sell items through their profile. Thats a potential audience of millions!!!

4. Advertise special events such as £1NR & YDC. - Low Cost - This is just a simple solution to let potential customers know of the special events being run on here and push them to get involved

Over to you ....:
    Photo Art Shop - Greetings Cards, Postcards, Prints and more from my beautiful range of photography taken around the UK.

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Press Releases
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

We have a lot of great ideas between us - some of them are very similar. I thought it might be a good idea to split the polls, so we have an initial poll to find the most popular type of idea eg paid advert, competition, promotions and then do polls for each type of category (or am I making it too complicated as usual??. Also maybe split into 1-off ideas like the online video competition and ideas which wold be ongoing.

All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm getting too confused by all the threads and can sum mine up in one... do as much as possible for nothing and that way nobody can hijack the plans or throw a spanner in the works.

View greenmasons's Feedback (+31)
    All-About greenmasons
    View greenmasons's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think it best if this thread were closed/ignored and we all focus our attention in the 'Proposal thread'
    Photo Art Shop - Greetings Cards, Postcards, Prints and more from my beautiful range of photography taken around the UK.

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greenmasons View Post
    I think it best if this thread were closed/ignored and we all focus our attention in the 'Proposal thread'
    No please don't close this thread. this is where people can air their ideas, get help with costings etc.. before transferring their final briefly summarised idea to the proposals thread.

By the way. I asked G & M if I could get a sticky for the other thread and to get a timeline for when they want our final plans by. They've said my request has been 'passed to the relevant department'!!!!
    I didn't know two people could divide into departments

All-About HannaHolly
    Forum Posts

G & M have kindly made the proposals thread 'sticky. I've edited the first post on that thread to give details of the six proposals so far

http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread....178#post570178

All-About HannaHolly
    Forum Posts

Copying NYKs post from another thread

"How would the free draws, vouchers and competitions be advertised and what would that cost? Sorry if I'm appearing thick and stupid (again) but anything done on site is still only going to attract those who are already here."

NYK are you referring to artbanquest ideas, or mine or both?

For my proposal my competition is aimed at current ebid members.
    By offering a good cash prize there will be an incentive for ebidders to create the best ebid viral ads they can. the winner will be best on which add gets the most unique views in a set period- so there is motivation to create a good advert AND motivation to promote it on youtube. Youtube is getting over 100 million visits a week i hear. More and more companies and individuals are setting up 'channels' on youtube. and with teh right keywords in our ads. we can cash in on the youtube goldmine, build awareness of ebid and attract more new members.

For artsboutiques proposals. I quite like the £2 electronic voucher/code for new users idea. not sure if i'd want to spend all £2000 on it, but i do like it . Artsboutique, how would you advertise this promotion to users who have not yet found ebid? would there be an advertising cost?- How about a youtube viral ad- thats free lol!

All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

I made enquiries about eBid vouchers and promotional codes in the past, perhaps Gazza could update us on any progress.

Edited in: I have now deleted all my explanatory posts from your new thread.
    Last edited by nykmedia; 15th November 2007 at 12:02 AM.

All-About HannaHolly
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nykmedia View Post
    I made enquiries about eBid vouchers and promotional codes in the past, perhaps Gazza could update us on any progress.

Edited in: I have now deleted all my explanatory posts from your new thread.
    Hi again NYK ( we're both up late!) on post ONE of the other thread i had already added your proposal based on post 3 (now deleted) Did you want me to change the proposal to read 'press releases'? or is the press release proposal separate from the other one?

What did Gazza say about vouchers and codes? or didn't you get a respone?

Thread Information