eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: eBid Marketing Challenge - THE IDEAS!

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    If you had a private forum, how would you decide who was on it and who wasn't, there could be spies around
    Hi Ken, We'll make everyone swear an oath of allegance.. Personally I'm comfortable with my proposal being discussed in public. I can't claim it as unique as lots of businesses are recognising youtube as a great advertising source. Even on ebid i wasn't the first to talk about viral ads - Toycrazy was I was just trying to think of ways for others to feel more comfortable. If people want to PM ideas direct to G & M that's fine. Hopefully EBID will consider using their ideas AND the plan we come up with as a collective.

I'm still waiting on some timescale guidance from G & M. if they don't get back to me by the weekend i'll email them again

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs up Go for it! Let's get this show on the road

I have deleted quite a few of my previous threads, so apologies if they have taken any of yours with them. I'm just a bit annoyed about the whole NYK episode (some of you will know what I mean), then a further 3 episodes of what looks like 'copy-cat' ideas. There's still one burning issue that's being worked out just now but it's probably best left to the legal department, because I won't back down, not this time!
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

All-About HannaHolly
    Forum Posts

I've updated the proposals thread to amend the NYK proposal ( which was originally linked to post 30 - which then got deleted!) so that the proposal now relates to making more use of press releases and implementing an on line version of the ebid newsletter.
    NYK could you explain more about how you would use the press releases? Professionally written PRs with eye catching copy can be quite expensive. Have you considered this cost in your proposal?

All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Professional press release writing probably averages around £150 per item, depending where you go, but why pay a professional? If you have a story to tell that's relevant and it's one that a magazine or newspaper editor decides is of interest to their readers, then the associated journalists will produce the final copy. Publishing deadlines, especially in the daily newspapers, are extremely tight. If you are sitting looking at a blank screen with an hour left until deadline, you need copy, and that's every single day. A fairly well-written press release is like a god-send to many who are struggling to meet deadlines. Even monthly publications need compelling stories for their readers to prevent them losing interest and going off in search of a different title.

All-About HannaHolly
    Forum Posts

Ok. I've written ( and had published) press releases relating to an event i organised- but i did get professional advice before i submitted them. Is your proposal that someone ( who?) writes a press release and submits it to a PR site to see if it gets picked up? I assume you already have a good copy idea ( don't post it here!) and a specific target audience in mind? Sorry to ask so many questions but when we come to vote on which ideas we put forward as our final joint plan i want to have fully considered and understood all the submitted ideas.

All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

My initial Press Release idea was for a section on eBid, similar to the 'news' section, where eBid could post their own press releases so that anyone wanting them can just pick them up from there. They could also sumbit them to several press distribution sites, many of which are free.
    It's interesting to note that the number of man hours already dedicated to this challenge alone has far exceeded £2,000 LOL I wonder if that's why the threads looking a little bit bare. Back once I have checked to see what is on there now.

All-About HannaHolly
    Forum Posts

Apologies if some people are confused there is more than one thread relating to the £2000 marketing challenge. Personally i find that if threads get too long people don't read them properly, so i like to split up big subjects!

Which is why i've (rightly or wrongly!) put some feedback I got from Gazza and Mark on a new thread

http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=98408

We've already had some good proposals for how to spend the £2000. the final 'vote' might want it all spent on one idea, or there mights be a few ideas submitted which work well together

If you've got some good ideas and suggestions, know some good places to advertise etc.. but don't have time to formally get involved in the challenge. that's fine! Post your suggestions here anyway. they could still be really helpful or inspire someone else

View greenmasons's Feedback (+31)
    All-About greenmasons
    View greenmasons's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've been thinking a lot about the Promotions and all the Ideas and I really like them all.

But I've been having doubts about the promotions involving spending the money on coupons and 'Save £2 when you Join', etc. As much as I like this I think that this is really only an extremely short-term solution. What happens if most of them use the coupon and never come back?

I really think the £2000 should be used towards providing Workshops, Tutorials and Helping to make the site look and feel better as a whole. Educating the Members on the site would create a better site overall in the long-run and create more long-term buyers and loyal customers.
    I understand the negative side to this is that it's long-term and results are not quite as instant, but I would rather think people are becoming loyal to the site and not just joining to take advantage of a freebie voucher.

Although I could be wrong and Coupons, etc could create 1000 new buyers who stay loyal hehe.
    Photo Art Shop - Greetings Cards, Postcards, Prints and more from my beautiful range of photography taken around the UK.

All-About HannaHolly
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greenmasons View Post
    I've been thinking a lot about the Promotions and all the Ideas and I really like them all.

But I've been having doubts about the promotions involving spending the money on coupons and 'Save £2 when you Join', etc. As much as I like this I think that this is really only an extremely short-term solution. What happens if most of them use the coupon and never come back?

I really think the £2000 should be used towards providing Workshops, Tutorials and Helping to make the site look and feel better as a whole. Educating the Members on the site would create a better site overall in the long-run and create more long-term buyers and loyal customers.
    I understand the negative side to this is that it's long-term and results are not quite as instant, but I would rather think people are becoming loyal to the site and not just joining to take advantage of a freebie voucher.

Although I could be wrong and Coupons, etc could create 1000 new buyers who stay loyal hehe.
    When you say 'workshops' does that include seminars in hotels and trade fairs? I know from ebid supports previous responses that this £2000 isn't going to be authorised for making the site look and feel better ( hopefully they'll do that anyway!) but an ebid stall at a trade fair is worth exploring more

Hi again GM. editing to say Ive seen your posting and agree with all you've said. You've probably seen my 'answers from the top' thread by now and know that i've been asking G & M for timescales without much luck. What do you think of the timeline i suggested?

Thread Information