eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Tazbar shoots itself in the foot?

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've just received the credit card bill on which my fees for here and Tazbar appear... here... 91p across both ids, there £1.40 and the sales figures are very similar.

Now I have the tiresome business of copying listings across. Fortunately most of the items are duplicated.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

View Brunwulf's Feedback (+89)
    All-About Brunwulf
    View Brunwulf's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bizarrebargains View Post
    im sure you meant 2007 lol
    Doh.. Sorry.. I'm always a year behind
    More wine please ...

The "pay only when you sell" model is still the one I like best. Lifetime membership on eBid is still the most cost-effective model and Silver Membership on eBid is still brilliant coz you only pay when you sell.

£4x12 (on Taz) = £48 per year
    £6.50(with Taz's seller gallery) = £78 per year

and this is whether you sell anything or not.

---------

Just wondering - does anyone know whether you can upgrade your individual listings on Silver Membership? ie. add platinum features for a small fee. G&M mentioned that they were going to implement this some time ago - wonder if it has been done?

View greenmasons's Feedback (+31)
    All-About greenmasons
    View greenmasons's Listings
    Forum Posts

It's been a while since I was on SILVER but i seem to remember when you choose the type of Auction i.e. Featured, Standard, etc there is an option you can choose called Platinum. The listing costs 5p but opens up all the features such as integrated Checkouts, Buy NOW and so on
    Photo Art Shop - Greetings Cards, Postcards, Prints and more from my beautiful range of photography taken around the UK.

View rupert691's Feedback (+2286)
    All-About rupert691
    View rupert691's Listings
    Forum Posts

Tazbar listings down 2.08% now. (3013 listings have been closed, - in last hour?).
    I wonder why
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

'Rupert's Books' for Unusual used books!

Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
    View celticqueen's Feedback (+28)
    All-About celticqueen
    View celticqueen's Listings
    Forum Posts

I started with Tazbar last month. I had 2 sales with my first listings so you can imagine how pleased I was.They both turned out to be non payers with no communication and to add insult to injury when I tried to initiate a payment reminder the link said "error" .It's remained on error for the last week or so, needless to say, I will not be renewing my batch of auctions when they expire next week.

Quote Originally Posted by *artsbanquet* View Post
    The "pay only when you sell" model is still the one I like best. Lifetime membership on eBid is still the most cost-effective model and Silver Membership on eBid is still brilliant coz you only pay when you sell.

£4x12 (on Taz) = £48 per year
    £6.50(with Taz's seller gallery) = £78 per year

and this is whether you sell anything or not.

---------

Just wondering - does anyone know whether you can upgrade your individual listings on Silver Membership? ie. add platinum features for a small fee. G&M mentioned that they were going to implement this some time ago - wonder if it has been done?
    Yes Seller's/Silver members can upgrade their listings to Seller+ Auctions for 5p. I guess the duration they choose makes a big difference to cost effectiveness.

I had to smile at one poster on T* forums who seems to think it will be cheaper & give them the same benefits to list there for 8 months, 8x£4.00=£32.00 (thats without a store/seller gallery), than to upgrade from gold here which they already have (that already includes one free store) to Seller+ for £35.00 (not sure if the £35 they quote is for Seller+ 365 or Seller+ Lifetime) & gives them 5 stores.

Nowt as Queer as Folk!

I think this would be an excellent time for eBid to run a membership promotion, PLUS, give free invoicing & checkout to all levels of Seller, in fact it might give the best return on the £2,000 marketing challenge.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think that part of the dramatic drop in listings on Tazbar is the banning of a seller. That the person who brought the fee hike to the notice of the forums is the banned seller is, of course, a coincidence
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

View rupert691's Feedback (+2286)
    All-About rupert691
    View rupert691's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    I think that part of the dramatic drop in listings on Tazbar is the banning of a seller. That the person who brought the fee hike to the notice of the forums is the banned seller is, of course, a coincidence
    Quite possibly Madelaine .

I received a message from a 'representative' of the 'Banned Seller', (which I believe has been sent out to a large number of T*zzers), stating T*zbars reasons for the ban, with the 'rep' asking that we publicise this message. As I understand it, the Banned Seller allegedly displayed a 'Holiday Message' that for one reason or another, T*zbar felt infringed their Terms, (and wasn't beneficial to their business, or that of the Seller. Although I presume the Seller was telling Buyers that he had moved his listings to .... .'somewhere else', which would obviously benefit the Seller!)

I believe however, that a large percentage will now 'think again' in view of the new fee structure, and the sudden drop on PSU is only the tip of the iceburg. (It's currently showing a whopping 8.75% drop, 11,866 listings).

Whatever we feel about all this, it is going to prove a very interesting time for T*zbar and eBid and the other competition.

All the best, Simon.
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

'Rupert's Books' for Unusual used books!

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post

I had to smile at one poster on T* forums who seems to think it will be cheaper & give them the same benefits to list there for 8 months, 8x£4.00=£32.00 (thats without a store/seller gallery), than to upgrade from gold here which they already have (that already includes one free store) to Seller+ for £35.00 (not sure if the £35 they quote is for Seller+ 365 or Seller+ Lifetime) & gives them 5 stores.

Nowt as Queer as Folk!.
    Yes, that post puzzled me too

Thread Information