My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Notice chopped off

Default Notice chopped off

I've just added a notice to my auctions, had to chop it down and down, but eventually got it under 250 characters. But it doesn't completely display. I get

"Please note my Paypal account only accepts funds from others that are already funded. If you have to use a credit card or bank a/c for a Paypal xfer you'll need to add 30p towards costs and I'll have to ask you to pay into my wife's premie"

and the rest doesn't show. I'm using IE6 in case that's relevant.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

It might be best to put this in your listing instead, people may not look at or see the notice. You can do this by pressing the edit button. Hope this helps.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Good idea, but I'd need to press the edit button 100 times for my 100 auctions. Or is there some way I can add the same thing to all my existing auctions?

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    Good idea, but I'd need to press the edit button 100 times for my 100 auctions. Or is there some way I can add the same thing to all my existing auctions?
    You could try using the export listings button. This would need an excel spreadsheet, or open office equivalent. Then you just add in the info where it is needed, then re-load.

Sorry I'm not very helpfull on this as I've never used it myself. If you take a look at the bulk upload section of your "my eBid" page that will tell you what to do. Then after the adjustments just mail it to support.

If you have any queries I won't be able to help you further; but if you just post again here someone else will be able to.

Good Luck
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

View greenmasons's Feedback (+31)
    All-About greenmasons
    View greenmasons's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hey
    I've got a way around adding information to multiple auctions without having to go through every single auction and edit them individually. Create a picture in your favourite Photo Editing programme with the information i.e. Payment Details, etc then add the image to your auction template so it will appear in every auction listing. Then when you need to change a bit of the information go into the photo editing software and change the required part then upload the image and voilą! The information will change on every auction.

Note that this isn't completely fool-proof as you may need to press the REFRESH button to see the updated image and you will need a Hosting site such as Photobucket to upload the image to.
    Photo Art Shop - Greetings Cards, Postcards, Prints and more from my beautiful range of photography taken around the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by greenmasons View Post
    Hey
    I've got a way around adding information to multiple auctions without having to go through every single auction and edit them individually. Create a picture in your favourite Photo Editing programme with the information i.e. Payment Details, etc then add the image to your auction template so it will appear in every auction listing. Then when you need to change a bit of the information go into the photo editing software and change the required part then upload the image and voilą! The information will change on every auction.

Note that this isn't completely fool-proof as you may need to press the REFRESH button to see the updated image and you will need a Hosting site such as Photobucket to upload the image to.

You need to be careful you're hosting this somewhere that you can change the same image, not load another one, else you'll have to change the url in each auction (which would save you nothing).

It's a good idea if you included such an image at the outset, but of course it doesn't solve my problem, my auctions already exist.

Gazza: why is the notice on my auctions chopped off short, even though it accepted the whole notice when I added it? Something's wrong with the counter that checks for 250 chars?

Thread Information