My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Gears of War - Xbox360

Thumbs down Gears of War - Xbox360

The more games I see for the Xbox 360, the more I am being disappointed and GoW is no exception. Perhaps there are people out there who will find this game and love it. After all it does have reasonable graphics, some pretty cut scenes and an OK(ish) story line. But all this should be standard for a Next Gen Console game on any of the platforms. My problem with it is the sheer boredom it produces within minutes of starting; being forced to use under-powered, inaccurate weapons to almost ceaselessly pound away at enemies who seem to be able to kill the player with only a couple of shots is not my idea of fun.

It's possible that having solidly played Call of Duty 4 for the last ten days and then switching to GoW, I've been spoiled by what, to me, is a vastly superior game in almost every possible aspect.

Consequently, Gears of War will now find itself on the growing pile of expensive rip-offs that I have accumulated for this console which may soon find themselves listed for auction and awaiting the poor souls who find this sort of thing entertaining.

My rating for this game 3 / 10.

Forum Newbie
    View GameZone's Feedback (+1)
    All-About GameZone
    View GameZone's Listings
    Forum Posts

When Gears Of War came out, it was at the time rated very highly with not many other games come to close to it, of course with game industary nothing stands still with the next games trying to out do what is on the market already.

Call of Duty 4 is the latest game to come out and this may have risen the bar in FPS which is insane combat on some of its levels, but Call Of Duty 4 is no way prefect and is awfully short when you play the single player game so much so I did feel is that all??? To "enjoy" this game you really need to go online which does offer the replay value but not much once you unlocked all the items, or is there that many maps to play on. This may change as in future patch releases. But compard it to Gears of War yes its better but has its own noticeable faults
    The Nintendo DS Zone your Ebid shop for all your DS games

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/THE-NINTENDO-DS-ZONE

I originally wasnt to keen on Gears of War until I played the co-op campaign. Since then its gone up in my books and ill be waiting for Gears of War 2.

Thread Information