My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: We're having a thunderstorm!

Thumbs up We're having a thunderstorm!

For the first time since I moved to California, I'm listening to a thunderstorm! They're very rare here, and one of the things I miss from the north woods. We had a hailstorm this morning (pea sized) that brought my neighbors out to watch. Two rarities on the same day.

Also got about just enough moisture so I won't have to water the plants for a couple of days.

Pretty please send it over here
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

Forum Saint
    View penny291's Feedback (+1190)
    All-About penny291
    View penny291's Listings
    Forum Posts

don't bother sending it over here, we get enough rain, bout time we had a decent summer

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

Your thumbs up would be a great big frown from me! We had a thunderstorm on Monday evening that gave us almost 5" of rain with hail and strong winds in about 1-1 1/2 hours. There was another yesterday but didn't do quite as much. This follows the tornado and flooding we had 3 weeks ago.

My plants won't need watering for a few days. My husband ask at noon if I had been out to see the garden, he thought the tomato plants looked a little yellow. I can see them from the kitchen window and don't need to go out to know he is right!

This goes to show us that we all have different needs and we need to be thankful for the weather we get---it could be worse.

All-About jigger
    View jigger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by youmeus View Post
    Your thumbs up would be a great big frown from me! We had a thunderstorm on Monday evening that gave us almost 5" of rain with hail and strong winds in about 1-1 1/2 hours. There was another yesterday but didn't do quite as much. This follows the tornado and flooding we had 3 weeks ago.

My plants won't need watering for a few days. My husband ask at noon if I had been out to see the garden, he thought the tomato plants looked a little yellow. I can see them from the kitchen window and don't need to go out to know he is right!

This goes to show us that we all have different needs and we need to be thankful for the weather we get---it could be worse.
    We are neighbors! We had a big storm yesterday.

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

While not exactly next door, we are sure closer than those "across the pond". We do have relatives in Jefferson City so we might know some of the same people---stranger things have happened.

I hope your storm didn't do too much damage.

I see you are pretty new to eBid, I hope you have success on here. I really like the site, the forums are addictive and I don't know the cure yet!

I see you are registered as a buyer, you might take a look at listings under YDC* and there is an active thread about it in the Kitchen Table forums.

Better get to bed, tomorrow is going to be a busy day on the farm! Goodnight, Linda

Thread Information